Rumor: XBOX One release date?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So, according to this article at BGR (and other not so 'big' news blogs) the XBOX One, is rumored to be released on November 29th. The PS4 is rumored to be released on December 13th...

Could bode well for Microsoft to get the XBOX One out before the PS4, even if it is only a few weeks.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure we've known it's november for a long time now? Exact date I guess is nice to have too, even if just a rumor. Although I probably will still be skipping the launch and consider buying one next summer :D

I don't see why releasing on black friday would be a problem, except it wouldnt likely get discounted. However only the US really has such thing has black friday and it would be just another day for Europe :p And I'd think the "original bunch of countries" will launch the device on the same day?

blzr409

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Both of those dates are later than I had expected. When companies are trying to get something out for the holiday season it's usually out by mid-November. I'd be especially surprised if the PS4 launches in mid-December. Makes it tough on shoppers for the holiday season as there's only that two week window when the stores are at their most crowded for you to get in.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Both of those dates are later than I had expected. When companies are trying to get something out for the holiday season it's usually out by mid-November. I'd be especially surprised if the PS4 launches in mid-December. Makes it tough on shoppers for the holiday season as there's only that two week window when the stores are at their most crowded for you to get in.
This guy explains my opinion much better lol.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Bigger issue, most finish their MAJOR holiday shopping around Black Friday. Waiting until that week or a week after for launch would be very irresponsible, as it might mean that many buyers reallocated funds to other gifts, meaning a console purchase has to wait.

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Sony and MS will sell every console they can make available in 2013, regardless of when their consoles are released. It's not like there are going to be XB1's or PS4's sitting on the shelf on Christmas Eve because either released too late and people already spent their holiday money. Any headstart that one gets over the other is meaningless at this point -- almost every new console to be released in 2013 will have been spoken for (except for the few stores that don't take preorders). Selfishly, I hope that Amazon's expected delivery date of Nov. 27 is the latest XB1 comes out so that I can enjoy it over Thanksgiving break and get some one-on-one QT with it on Black Friday while everyone else is shopping.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That works out pretty well - means Battlefield 4 will be a day one release game as its out on this gen of consoles on the 31st October.

iBandar

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I seriously doubt if this is the case for 2 reason.
1). Both console will have a midnight launch (btw AWESOME midnight launch parties) which is not possible on BlackFriday since lot of family people go for shopping and don't even care about gaming consoles. Why in hell would they want to clash all this together?
2). Call of duty Ghost will be releasing on Nov 5th, pretty much every COD releases on Nov 9-10th except this one. Why you think that is? COD sells lot of Xbox 360 believe it or not, and MS don't want to tell customers that you can buy COD Ghost on 360 but not on Xbox One. This is yet another hint that Xbox One might release during that time frame. May be before? or may be 2 days after.

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THEY WILL RELEASE IT ON BLACKFRIDAY. ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO DO THAT, IT WOULD ONLY MAKE THINGS WORSE.

iBandar

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
image_36134_thumb_wide940.jpg

Leaked screenshot, as I said it highly suggests Nov 5th

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss