Xbox One includes headset and 4K-rated HDMI cable

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Sweet! Although my TV is only 720p capable, but it's good to be future proof.

Also great that they included the headset. Kinect wouldn't have been very ideal for ingame-VoiP for anyone but people living alone :p

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The Unboxing!

Straight from the Major himself.

[video=youtube;lbrmAsxJPv4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lbrmAsxJPv4[/video]

Day One and standard editions come with a headset!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Bit meh on the headset to be honest as its only mono - wont really wear it. Will be investing in a surround sound pair as soon as they are available - nothing worse than being knifed from behind

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Bit meh on the headset to be honest as its only mono - wont really wear it. Will be investing in a surround sound pair as soon as they are available - nothing worse than being knifed from behind

The headset is only for voice chat, so stereo or mono don't really make a different here. You must be used to turtle beaches like me LOL

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: The Unboxing!

A lot of people in the comments have a problem with the power brick, why? It's not like the X1 is a mobile device where it would matter. Just stick it behind the TV set and forget about it. I honestly can't come up with a single good reason to put it inside in a device like this.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

A lot of people in the comments have a problem with the power brick, why? It's not like the X1 is a mobile device where it would matter. Just stick it behind the TV set and forget about it. I honestly can't come up with a single good reason to put it inside in a device like this.

I would be disappointed if there wasn't a power brick - considering how much heat the power bricks kick out on the 360 I wouldn't want it inside on a console that's more powerful.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Which Call of Duty are you playing? I really didn't think that having them helped my K/D at all, so I don't even use them much anymore (a bit cumbersome to wear and no one ever talks).

Call of Duty has a huge influence on footstep sounds. They boost those sounds so that the perks that silence you footsteps actually have some value. There's no way to be silent in Call of Duty without using the perk for that matter haha.

But he didn't necessarily say call of duty. Battlefield 3 has a huge dependency on hearing the game sounds.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Which Call of Duty are you playing? I really didn't think that having them helped my K/D at all, so I don't even use them much anymore (a bit cumbersome to wear and no one ever talks).

Call of what? - Oh you mean the game all the annoying kids play... :wink:

Battlefield, Halo and Gears of War are my FPS IP's of choice.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Call of Duty has a huge influence on footstep sounds. They boost those sounds so that the perks that silence you footsteps actually have some value. There's no way to be silent in Call of Duty without using the perk for that matter haha.

But he didn't necessarily say call of duty. Battlefield 3 has a huge dependency on hearing the game sounds.

Well, the statement "knifed in the back," is what I was noticing. I'm not sure if that happens in Battlefield (I refused to buy any EA titles when the Online Pass was out).

Also, I still find those Perks for silence without value. I always use Shock Charges and Bouncing Betties if I snipe, so I have a LOUD warning system, haha.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't get the complaints when it's in the current consoles either. Now, if they added proper cooling, it wouldn't matter. PCs have more raw computing power and keep PSUs inside the, but they cool better than the cramped consoles.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

I don't think that's a problem either when cooling isn't an issue, but like you said, PCs for example are often much less cramped and better cooled than these consoles.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Pc PSU's do tend to have quite large cooling fans on them though - I guess if they went from a brick to a PSU more the style of a pc then it wouldn't be a problem

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Having played some 70 hours of BF3 on PC, I don't think I've ever heard anyone come up from behind before I get knifed. That said, I just about never use any headphones (even then ones I have arnt anywhere near Turtle Beach), but I suppose better headphones would be able to pick it up, but I feel it would be too late anyways.

But it's other little things.. identifying vehicles before you see them, hearing the reload-yells, distinguishing different weapons, hell, just for the actual immersion of it all! :D

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Having played some 70 hours of BF3 on PC, I don't think I've ever heard anyone come up from behind before I get knifed. That said, I just about never use any headphones (even then ones I have arnt anywhere near Turtle Beach), but I suppose better headphones would be able to pick it up, but I feel it would be too late anyways.

But it's other little things.. identifying vehicles before you see them, hearing the reload-yells, distinguishing different weapons, hell, just for the actual immersion of it all! :D

Yeah the footsteps in battlefield aren't as prominent, but every other sound in the game is astonishing. Every gunshot can be heard and with good speakers or headsets, the directions from which the sound came is very distinguishable.

I think the soldier dialogue in battlefield is what really adds to the game the most. If someone is down a hallway, it sounds so realistic. Their voice has a reverb/echo to it and when they shout for help or they spot an enemy, even from a good distance it can alter the gameplay choices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad