Day One edition now comes with either FIFA or Forza.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Seeing no official announcement of this from MS, even Major Nelson is quiet on it. They seem not to want to mention this to the US. I have ordered a FIFA day one edition and a Forza one too.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I heard about this but, thought it was only UK ? I would love to be able to get Forza for free.... Save a little cash after the$500+tax on the console...

There was a big thing on the game sites that in the UK they would get FIFA but, nothing announced here in the US..

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
That sounds cool. Do the consoles look different, or do they just include those games?

They just include a download code. When they first announced it they said for ALL pre-orders. They then stated, after a few weeks, that it was just day one edition. Now though Forza is coming t the day one editions too. You will obviously only get one or the other, not both.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I heard about this but, thought it was only UK ? I would love to be able to get Forza for free.... Save a little cash after the$500+tax on the console...

There was a big thing on the game sites that in the UK they would get FIFA but, nothing announced here in the US..
Selling to well in US, so no need. Although I did note that one website said they may do something. Keep your eyes peeled..

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Had an email from Game a few days ago about my day one edition coming with fifa 14 - not heard anything from them on forza though. I was intending to get both games day one anyway so whichever comes with the console doesn't bother me.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I have two ordered, one for each. I am hoping to negotiate to keep both codes as a relative may have one of them. He doesn't care for either, so quids in, maybe. Still shocked at how slow they have been to sell out. Must be well behind in sales compared to PS4. I also reckon MS should bundle 6 or 12 months live in their too, then all of a sudden the Xbox is comparable pricewise. In fact, with 12 months live included too, it would work out cheaper.

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
They just include a download code. When they first announced it they said for ALL pre-orders. They then stated, after a few weeks, that it was just day one edition. Now though Forza is coming t the day one editions too. You will obviously only get one or the other, not both.

Just to clarify, it was never announced that it would be for all editions. It just wasn't announced initially that it would only be for day one editions. Stupid move on Microsoft's part for not clarifying initially, but this wasn't something they decided to change. It was always this way.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify, it was never announced that it would be for all editions. It just wasn't announced initially that it would only be for day one editions. Stupid move on Microsoft's part for not clarifying initially, but this wasn't something they decided to change. It was always this way.

The two Phils alluded to it being available for all pre-orders, past and present until stocks lasted. The did not state that it was only Day One Edition pre-orders.

Agree with you on one thing, it was poor customer communication, again. It seems to me like they have been altering the plan at every turn. They have made a real mess of it so far.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Selling to well in US, so no need.

Uh, I disagree, the last time I check,the PS4 is dominating US sales. A free game or an extra controller or even a free year of Xbox live gold(I do not recommend MSFT to give that for free by the way) would do wonders for the Xboxone sales in the US.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Uh, I disagree, the last time I check,the PS4 is dominating US sales. A free game or an extra controller or even a free year of Xbox live gold(I do not recommend MSFT to give that for free by the way) would do wonders for the Xboxone sales in the US.

I mean well by comparison to the European markets, which I would imagine are tanking. You can still easily purchase an Xbox Day One Edition, not sold out, or even close to selling out. Obviously, some stores will, but you don't have to look too far to find one. As for the PS4, the rumours were that they were allocating far more units.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I think I have the Fifa bundle ordered. I wonder if its possible to change, as I don't play football games, yet love Forza.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I think I have the Fifa bundle ordered. I wonder if its possible to change, as I don't play football games, yet love Forza.

I ordered both, the brother in law wants one, I am just deciding which one to keep. It may have to be FIFA, because the kids like it. I would prefer Forza. But, I need a game for the kids to play, they are too young for Battlefield 4.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
How old are your kids that they are too young for Battlefield, yet they're old enough for gaming at all? I mean, heck, I was playing Quake by 10, if not younger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750