XBox One Day One games

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Day One edition of the games will be downloadable? I want to go discless on the Gen, but I haven't seen anything about this.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm almost positive they will be. Both Sony and Microsoft touted day of digital releases of their games.

I plan on doing that too to take full advantage of the XBOX One...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I was gonna reply largely the same as ncxcstud, but then you asked about the Day One edition games, which I'm not 100% sure about. As for games in general, I think the point was that all games will be available on-demand digitally on launch, but since the Day One games are special editions, who knows :p

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
They have said they will, games will be downloadable on the release day of the games, so all of the Xbox one games should be ready to download once you plug it in. Unless something has changed, this was a big thing at the original press statement on the Xbox one.

With saying that the only thing that stinks is, when you get your Xbox one, you can play with the menus and such but, you will have to wait for your games to download before you can play anything. I can see a 10-20gb game taking an 1-3 hours on a good internet connection.

I know they said it will download as you play but, they never stated how long it would take for the first levels to download BEFORE you can start playing.

I know when I get mine, I want to have at least one physical game to play when I first hook it up...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
They have said they will, games will be downloadable on the release day of the games, so all of the Xbox one games should be ready to download once you plug it in. Unless something has changed, this was a big thing at the original press statement on the Xbox one.

With saying that the only thing that stinks is, when you get your Xbox one, you can play with the menus and such but, you will have to wait for your games to download before you can play anything. I can see a 10-20gb game taking an 1-3 hours on a good internet connection.

I know they said it will download as you play but, they never stated how long it would take for the first levels to download BEFORE you can start playing.

I know when I get mine, I want to have at least one physical game to play when I first hook it up...

Hah, I have a 1/1mbit connection, even if in reality I get up to 200kb/s download speed. Regardless, an Xbox One game at 20-30gb would take probably 2 days of nonstop downloading (which means my whole connection is jammed due to it and its annoying to do anything at the same time). I still plan to go mostly digital myself, but one physical game probably wouldnt hurt for the reason you stated :D

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hah, I have a 1/1mbit connection, even if in reality I get up to 200kb/s download speed. Regardless, an Xbox One game at 20-30gb would take probably 2 days of nonstop downloading (which means my whole connection is jammed due to it and its annoying to do anything at the same time). I still plan to go mostly digital myself, but one physical game probably wouldnt hurt for the reason you stated :D

Yea, that is about the only flaw with the next gen systems... It could take DAYS for people to download games, esp those parents who think a 512mb DSL line is more than enough for their family (personally, I have 22mb "claimed" down on my connection and I can see it taking 4-5 hours if getting my max speed or close to it).

I will still lean towards Physical discs, something about holding a disc in my hand, I still enjoy seeing a physical thing in my hand for my money. BUT, if Microsoft started discounting new digital games ($5-10 off with no costs to make the disc, etc)vs. retail discs, I think I would change over to a full digital model myself.....right away.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I popped into my local Game at the weekend to enquire about this. Apparently all the day one edition games that come with the consoles are digital download codes only (Fifa 14, Forza 5, COD Ghosts). If I wanted physical copies of games I would have to sacrifice my day one edition in order to buy a disc copy of the game.

So what im thinking is download killer instinct first as its the smallest game then queue up the others I intend to get on launch day behind it.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I popped into my local Game at the weekend to enquire about this. Apparently all the day one edition games that come with the consoles are digital download codes only (Fifa 14, Forza 5, COD Ghosts). If I wanted physical copies of games I would have to sacrifice my day one edition in order to buy a disc copy of the game.

So what im thinking is download killer instinct first as its the smallest game then queue up the others I intend to get on launch day behind it.

That seems odd. It's not often I trust those sources unless it's backed by something official.

But I was talking about Day One edition of the games (with the bonus content), as far as I know, all games will also be downloadable on day of release. I hope they allow you to download, but not play, before the release date so it'll be ready to play on release.

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey, my day one edition comes with FIFA, which I have absolutely no interest in even loading up, let alone playing. Does anyone have one that comes with Forza and want to swap codes?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss