BF4 Beta textures?

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else give the bf4 beta a go today? I'm curious to know why it looks two steps back from bf3. Am I missing an HD texture pack, or does it just look that ****ty?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else give the bf4 beta a go today? I'm curious to know why it looks two steps back from bf3. Am I missing an HD texture pack, or does it just look that ****ty?

Yeah had about 2 hours on it and I agree it doesn't look great graphically. But then again neither did the beta for BF3.

It is just a beta though so wasn't expecting HD quality. I do like the changes and upgrades they have made though and there is definitely a learning curve as its just different enough from 3

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. Mine looked like all textures were from the n64 era. I found it really distracting and stop playing after two mins. It was like playing a poor mans BF. I'll give it another go tonight and see if it was just a fluke, but it was seriously jarring.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. Mine looked like all textures were from the n64 era. I found it really distracting and stop playing after two mins. It was like playing a poor mans BF. I'll give it another go tonight and see if it was just a fluke, but it was seriously jarring.

Hope they get the weapon balancing sorted out - a lot of the weapons seem overpowered.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok finally gave it a chance. I love the skyscraper. Textures are still barren, but I won't be buying this until I eventually get my Xbox One anyhow. I do like it though!

Paul Nicholas

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have to say the xbox 360 version is quite bad, textures are really low res like the OP says. Not only that but I constantly see things disappear and re-appear as if the game engine is just dying trying to render everything.

I've pre-ordered BF4 for the xbox one, it'll be the first time I've bought a battlefield game on a console rather than a PC but I'm hoping my experience will be much better than with the 360.

I'm downloading the PC beta now to compare.

ShaunKL

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
If you'll recall there are HD textures that I believe are downloaded for BF3. With BF4 being a beta it would just be excess data for what is a beta. I think the final game will look better but I don't know what the final textureset will look like versus BF3 given how much more other stuff is in BF4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786