Xbox One compatible keyboards: Does Xbox One have Bluetooth or just USB?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to buy a new keyboard for my notebook, but I also thought it would be nice to get one that could connect to the Xbox One too (not for gaming, but for text input on IE, Bing, Skype, etc.). I know that they haven't officially announced any keyboard support yet (although Major Nelson hinted that it is possible), but given that the Xbox 360 has keyboard support with their Arc wireless keyboard, I'd be surprised if the Xbox One didn't as well.

That said, I was hoping to get a Bluetooth wireless keyboard for my notebook since it has a paucity of USB ports (unless there is some advantage to using a USB wireless keyboard over Bluetooth that I don't know about?), but does the Xbox One have Bluetooth? I couldn't find it listed in the specs, but I figured they would because people like to use Bluetooth headsets. If not, what about using Bluetooth via a Bluetooth USB dongle (even then, though, the console itself would have to have Bluetooth compatibility, wouldn't it? I don't really know how Bluetooth works)?

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The console does not support Bluetooth. Right now, the only keyboards that would work are standard wired USB keyboards. I'm not sure if wireless keyboards with an RF USB dongle worked on Xbox 360 (Logitech wireless usb receiver for keyboards and mice), but if it did, then it should work with Xbox One too.

Smartglass is your other option for keyboard functionality.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The console does not support Bluetooth. Right now, the only keyboards that would work are standard wired USB keyboards. I'm not sure if wireless keyboards with an RF USB dongle worked on Xbox 360 (Logitech wireless usb receiver for keyboards and mice), but if it did, then it should work with Xbox One too.

Ah, good call about Smart Glass. I can just use my Surface RT then with Type Cover running Smart Glass for Xbox One!

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
As it currently works i can plug a USB keyboard into my surface, launch smartglass, and input into the xbox (send message/redeem code) via my keyboard.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Wireless keyboards work and I've tested it. The computer doesn't see any difference between the wireless and wired.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't fix the peripheral issue. I just believe it isn't an epic fail. It would be interesting to see if they would make WiFi direct peripherals. But I doubt it. I would actually like to have Bluetooth so I could at least connect a wireless headset more easily.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't fix the peripheral issue. I just believe it isn't an epic fail. It would be interesting to see if they would make WiFi direct peripherals. But I doubt it. I would actually like to have Bluetooth so I could at least connect a wireless headset more easily.

Almost 2014 and no Bluetooth is FAIL

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I hate more than somebody who says "FAIL" or "EPIC FAIL" are human beings that wear tails on a daily basis... and I have killed six of them. You are not far behind.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
WHY? When has Bluetooth ever been legitimately useful for gaming purposes? I don't ever hear about Turtle Beach or Triton headsets being Bluetooth accessories, so I don't get why it's really even useful.

The reason that they din't make it Bluetooth is the 360 and we pay premium because they dint use it...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand either of the two comments above Robert's. I'm not sure what's happening anymore, but someone might be getting murdered soon, and that someone is talking nonsense, based on those two comments.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
XBOX ONE is not only a videogame anymore... With Bluetooth we could connect a lot of devices like keyboard and mouse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers