10-30-2013 07:20 PM
26 12
tools
    I haven't preordered it yet, and the closest I can get it is ordering it on amazon and I receive it new years eve. Do you think stores will receive shipments on launch day, like best buy, target, GameStop, etc? Will they allow to reserve? If anyone knows, please respond. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    10-29-2013 01:25 AM
    According to a Microsoft exec last month, the answer is yes. While pre-orders have been sold out, according to the exec (I cannot remember which), Microsoft's plan was to insure that at launch, you'd still be able to walk into retail, and pick one up if you wanted.

Now that does not in any way indicate exactly how many will be made available outside of pre-orders, but at the very least it means that if you are quick about it, you should be able to get one on, or shortly after launch, if you do not procrastinate.

I'm gonna try and search for the link to the interview where I read that, just for clarity sake.
    10-29-2013 03:50 AM
    I know there is a midnight launch not at my best buy store, but one that's 20 minutes father. I might go, but I have school the next day.
    10-29-2013 10:14 AM
    I know there is a midnight launch not at my best buy store, but one that's 20 minutes father. I might go, but I have school the next day.
    Sleep the whooe evening from like 16:00 onwards, then play all night and go to school :D
    10-29-2013 10:19 AM
    sleep the whooe evening from like 16:00 onwards, then play all night and go to school :d
    :p
    10-29-2013 10:25 AM
    I remember when the Wii came out, someone set up a website that somehow kept track of availability at various stores surrounding your location. The moment I saw one available at 8 AM at a Walmart, I ran there lol. Hopefully there will be something like that for the X1.
    10-29-2013 10:31 AM
    I remember when the Wii came out, someone set up a website that somehow kept track of availability at various stores surrounding your location. The moment I saw one available at 8 AM at a Walmart, I ran there lol. Hopefully there will be something like that for the X1.
    Yeah, they have something like that for the iPhone 5S.
    10-29-2013 10:47 AM
    According to a Microsoft exec last month, the answer is yes. While pre-orders have been sold out, according to the exec (I cannot remember which), Microsoft's plan was to insure that at launch, you'd still be able to walk into retail, and pick one up if you wanted.

Now that does not in any way indicate exactly how many will be made available outside of pre-orders, but at the very least it means that if you are quick about it, you should be able to get one on, or shortly after launch, if you do not procrastinate.

I'm gonna try and search for the link to the interview where I read that, just for clarity sake.
    I concur with your statement while your searching for the link to the interview. I remember reading the same thing.
    10-29-2013 11:21 AM
    When the 360 came out i didnt pre-order. I went to my wal-mart at about 8:30, they gave out tickets at 10:30 to people in line reserving you one at 12:00. I was the 2nd to last in line to get one.
    10-29-2013 03:42 PM
    When the 360 came out i didnt pre-order. I went to my wal-mart at about 8:30, they gave out tickets at 10:30 to people in line reserving you one at 12:00. I was the 2nd to last in line to get one.
    Maybe I'll go midnight, maybe not.
    10-29-2013 03:56 PM
    Could I reserve it with gamestop? I was able to do so for my 3ds when it first came out.
    10-29-2013 03:58 PM
    It would depend on your store's stock, I'd bet. You will have to call that place and ask.
    10-29-2013 04:40 PM
    It would depend on your store's stock, I'd bet. You will have to call that place and ask.
    I'll call. If my store won't receive it or won't let me reserve it, I'll just go to a best buy store and get it midnight.
    10-29-2013 09:04 PM
    None can reserve it for me. Very few stores will receive shipments for non-reserved customers, and very few shipments. I guess I'm going midnight then. :'(
    10-30-2013 02:24 AM
    I should've ordered it before. Oh well.
    10-30-2013 11:09 AM
    Personally, until i can walk into a store and see one sitting on the shelf any day of the week, im not too concerned with having one. Maybe that will change when i see the empty hole on the shelf. I cant believe how im not hyped at all for this to launch :P. when the 360 came out i was so anxious this time of the year lulz.
    10-30-2013 11:51 AM
    Personally, until i can walk into a store and see one sitting on the shelf any day of the week, im not too concerned with having one. Maybe that will change when i see the empty hole on the shelf. I cant believe how im not hyped at all for this to launch :P. when the 360 came out i was so anxious this time of the year lulz.
    I just don't want to go, and they say "Sorry, we're sold out!".

BTW, is there a protection plan I can buy from best buy, target, gamestop, etc for the Xbox one?
    10-30-2013 11:56 AM
    Should have Pre-Ordered :P
    10-30-2013 01:09 PM
    Should have Pre-Ordered :P
    Meh.
    10-30-2013 01:13 PM
    Meh.
    PS4 Rulez! :P
    10-30-2013 02:00 PM
    Nope.
    10-30-2013 02:03 PM
    Nope.
    Both are equal
    10-30-2013 02:55 PM
    If you dont want to wait out at midnight, I would get on the phone the next day. Call all the local stores to you, Best buy, Target, gamestop, wallyworld, etc. This is what I normally do when I am trying to find a HOT game that is claimed sold out everywhere. Call the stores, ask for the electronics/games deparment, talk nice to the rep and if they dont have any, ask if they know when they will be getting more.

Microsoft made a few notes about making sure there was plenty of stock for release. You might find a few stores that are out of them but, I bet you will be able to find one.

Try on the Microsoftstore.com....I pre-ordered a day one model like a month and 1/2 ago and says it will be delievered on release day.....Dam, I checked, not available till 12/31. I would think MS would have the largest amount of stock.

Maybe the Mall with a Microsoft store in it the morning after (or another big store in it) ? The stores in the mall can not open at Midnight for a release unless they have an external entrance (like Sears or JC Penny...of the big places in the mall)

As I dont 100% agree with you because I want the Xbox one more but, NO QUESTION, I will be getting a PS4 but, just later... They are both epic systems and I MUST have them both :)
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    10-30-2013 03:00 PM
    For what it's worth, Wal Mart tends to be my lucky store for this kind of thing. With the Wii-U, I wasn't excited enough about upcoming offerings to pre-order, but I still managed to get one midnight launch day. I figure the One will be the same.
    10-30-2013 05:27 PM
    For what it's worth, Wal Mart tends to be my lucky store for this kind of thing. With the Wii-U, I wasn't excited enough about upcoming offerings to pre-order, but I still managed to get one midnight launch day. I figure the One will be the same.
    I didn't know the Wii u had that many sell outs as the Xbox and playstation?
    10-30-2013 05:45 PM
26 12