11-07-2013 12:08 PM
178 ... 45678
tools
    More than 100gigaflops of bandwitch is little? lol.
    I'm just going to take a shot in the dark and guess that you mean gigaBYTES, not gigaFLOPS? You're speaking in such awkward terms in your biased hatred for this console anymore that I really don't get what you're trying to convey through broken English and general statements of confusion.
    sinime likes this.
    11-01-2013 09:48 PM
    It does not matter GDDR5 or DDR3 etc what matters is THE END RESULT - changing your mind and cancelling pre orders is retarded as historically ..well no difference really. However if you have a windows phone, tablet or use windows then your life will be easier as the services will become closely tied in with time and with the ability of the Kinect the interaction and 'fun' level makes it a no brainer. I can see my PS4 gathering dust as i use the XBOX One for everything.
    11-02-2013 05:42 AM
    Guess you are the head manager that even care to answer about the gaps of COD and BF4. Guess you the premium access on xbox one and ps4 and you could use your wonderfull applications to say X or Y, better than all the other magazines. Fairly Little? More than 100gigaflops of bandwitch is little? lol. I guess what is huge for you...better not guessing...maybe...I guess you don't know that GDDR5 has directly related to the draw on your tv. Do you know that COD in order to keep around 60fps they upscaled it? What does it mean? That the processor and gpu that are close to other, could not render it on 1080p. Why, because the low speed memory, tha receives. Do you know that on PS4 GDDR5 is a unity memory and also render part of the system and GPU? Maybe not. You can't conceive unity memory and RAM management working in one way. You are just the ambassador of the cheap talk...
    Lol I don't even understand what you're talking about, and that's not because you try to use technical terms... Your entire comment is just a pile of awkward confusion, I don't care about graphics that much anyway, all my favorite games are really old and you would probably just call them ugly...
    11-02-2013 06:04 AM
    I don't agree with what you are saying. The end result can certainly be affected by the difference in RAM, to say it doesn't matter is self-contradictory. As that one dude who is spreading garbage said (one of the few things he has a real point on), GDDR5 has a memory bandwidth nearly triple that of the Xbox One's DDR3, so it can definitely have some effect on the outcome, though we can't really tell what the extent is when we don't know the restrictions of the console (is the issues with resolution 100% related to hardware, and if so, is the GPU the only strained part in the matter?).

Personally, I wouldn't cancel my pre-order, but I'd probably put it on eBay to make a little money, if possible. I'd definitely be in the act of reassessment the hardware landscape though, that's for sure. I wouldn't be debating Xbox or PlayStation, but I'd be questioning Xbox or PC with this news. As for the greatness of the Kinect, it and the system allegedly eat up something like 10% of the hardware (what I read didn't specify what "system" entails, and how that 10% is split). I wouldn't be surprised if the highly-detailed Kinect was chomping away at the GPU a bit for image processing, though.

If the Kinect is part of the problem, it's an interesting discussion to have long-term. If motion gaming becomes popular, and Sony has to push the Eye's features more, I can't help but wonder if they'd run into hardware restrictions as the Eye used up resources, assuming the idea that the Kinect uses a significant chunk of resources.
    11-02-2013 06:16 AM
    Not concerned at all about this. Early release games will be inferior to both consoles in a year. None of this matters. Specs this and Specs that. I have a PS3 and an Xbox 360 and i could care less about the graphics rendering or any of that garbage that nerds argue over. Both new consoles will blow you away regardless. Stop being tools and just enjoy the games.
    11-02-2013 10:23 AM
    Yeah, come into the conversation and call names while offering nothing of value to the discussion. That doesn't hypocritically make YOU sound like a tool.
    11-02-2013 11:29 AM
    Good one.
    11-03-2013 11:13 AM
    Why is Call of Duty: Ghosts 720p on Xbox One and 1080p on PlayStation? - IGN

There, now everyone can shut up about this. Chances are, the next CoD will be in 1080P for both consoles.
    11-04-2013 11:22 AM
    Why is Call of Duty: Ghosts 720p on Xbox One and 1080p on PlayStation? - IGN

There, now everyone can shut up about this. Chances are, the next CoD will be in 1080P for both consoles.
    Then next year, ps4 will get native 4k, and Xbox fans will complain again. We have to complain about something. :P
    11-04-2013 12:41 PM
    Then next year, ps4 will get native 4k, and Xbox fans will complain again. We have to complain about something. :P
    You can cut my toes off if the PS4 plays native 4k games in the next 5 years!
    11-04-2013 12:48 PM
    You can cut my toes off if the PS4 plays native 4k games in the next 5 years!
    Kk. :P
    11-04-2013 12:50 PM
    Anyways, I'm still getting the XBOX One. :D
    11-04-2013 12:50 PM
    I guess many devs might've found that they might be able to have higher quality textures etc in the game easier than having higher resolution. I have no idea how these upscalers work, but apparently Xbox One must have a pretty good one cos I can't otherwise explain how the games can look so similar with the resolution differences :P Since upscaling itself shouldn't add any data that wasn't there already, that's why I came up with the theory at the start that perhaps the textures and other stuff are just a bit better to offset for lower resolution upscaled.

Perhaps someone more tech sawwy has a better explanation? :D
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    11-04-2013 12:51 PM
    I change my mind, you can run me over with a bulldozer if the PS4 EVER supports native 4k games in it's lifetime!

The stakes have been raised.
    11-04-2013 12:52 PM
    I guess many devs might've found that they might be able to have higher quality textures etc in the game easier than having higher resolution. I have no idea how these upscalers work, but apparently Xbox One must have a pretty good one cos I can't otherwise explain how the games can look so similar with the resolution differences :P Since upscaling itself shouldn't add any data that wasn't there already, that's why I came up with the theory at the start that perhaps the textures and other stuff are just a bit better to offset for lower resolution upscaled.

Perhaps someone more tech sawwy has a better explanation? :D
    Even if the Xbox looks better, people will only care about what the spec sheet says. -_-
    Last edited by unstoppablekem; 11-04-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    I change my mind, you can run me over with a bulldozer if the PS4 EVER supports native 4k games in it's lifetime!

I promise! :D

Shall I do that now. :P
    11-04-2013 01:14 PM
    This popped up on fail blog...

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails h33bcceef.jpg  
    11-04-2013 02:13 PM
    The article that Michael Archambault should have read

Xbox Consoles News: Native 1080p on Xbox One is "very possible", says Call of Duty: Ghosts developer - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

Infinity Ward's next Call of Duty will be leaps and bounds ahead, Rubin suggested. "I definitely see slash hope both platforms will look way better the next time we get a chance at it. As an obvious analogy - and if people are not sure about this it's pretty simple - look at Call of Duty 2 versus COD 4. It was a massive leap forward in graphics, and that's just because it takes time to get through this."First launch, first time at bat at a new console is a challenging one. That's just the way it is. For people fearful one system is more powerful than the other or vice versa, it's a long game."
    11-04-2013 05:11 PM
    Let him off it is WPCENTRAL not Xbox Central :P
    11-04-2013 05:14 PM
    Let him off it is WPCENTRAL not Xbox Central :P
    It honestly should be MicroCentral.
    11-04-2013 06:35 PM
    haha. i'd like to see result of blind test and how many of the complainers could say which one is PS4 and XOne. :)
    11-05-2013 03:13 AM
    haha. i'd like to see result of blind test and how many of the complainers could say which one is PS4 and XOne. :)
    I could tell because I have sonar! :P
    11-05-2013 03:34 AM
    I've been feeling like pointing out the very click-baity and a bit negative'ish kind of titles Michael writes to his news. It's like the pieces are written on a Playstation forum or something :P
    Pete, BIGPADDY and aaa6112 like this.
    11-05-2013 03:58 AM
    I agree entirely. I was expecting WPCentral writers to remain largely supportive of the Microsoft ecosystem, especially since there's a slow convergence of WP8, Windows 8, and Xbox platforms.

This kind of journalistic negativeering proved somewhat damaging to the first generation of Surface RT.

Sure, I wouldn't want facts to be hidden or stories written with rose tinted glasses, but a balanced view would be good to see.

The point is that Xbox One games will continue to get better over time as developers learn how to optimise the system for better performance. Take GTA5, I'm quite frankly amazed at how good that game is on the 360 - even at the "end of life" stage, the content for it is still getting better.
    Vallos likes this.
    11-05-2013 04:16 AM
178 ... 45678