Call of Duty Ghosts on Xbox One only 720p. PS4 is 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely agree with this, and it is reinforced by the fact that 720p on X1 looks better then 900p on PS4 with BF4. Still, MS needs to step up to the plate and start fighting. Sony fanboys are having an absolute field day with this, people are considering cancelling their X1 pre-orders, X1 brand is being damaged.

The type of person who would cancel their preorder of the X1 because Call of Duty doesn't run in 1080p is someone I would not want to play with.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Look PS4 is going to win out the gate because all the PS4 can do is just throw raw horsepower at the game. You literally get what you got on launch. With the Xbox One launching with such a subtle difference in GFX just wait until the devs start doing what they should have done at launch and take advantage of the eSRAM and cloud computing. The PS4 processing power is what it is up front, the Xbox has a lot behind it, and once these devs take advantage of it, that minor performance gap is going to get small very fast and without a doubt the Xbox will come out on top. I promise, I promise! Ban me from the site if that doesn't happen!

MFmonster

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
720 upscaled to 1080p matters very little to me personally. If the game is broken and plays horribly online, I would be upset. If you remember from the last launch almost all launch titles that were multiplatform looked mediocre and not much better than the last gen's.

I don't have a dog in this fight, Sony vs. MS, but I may cancel my ps4 pre-order with the faq sheet put out yesterday. There are several things they left out until two weeks before launch is bothersome, and the fact I cannot play mp3/CD's on it is nonsense.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Look PS4 is going to win out the gate because all the PS4 can do is just throw raw horsepower at the game. You literally get what you got on launch. With the Xbox One launching with such a subtle difference in GFX just wait until the devs start doing what they should have done at launch and take advantage of the eSRAM and cloud computing. The PS4 processing power is what it is up front, the Xbox has a lot behind it, and once these devs take advantage of it, that minor performance gap is going to get small very fast and without a doubt the Xbox will come out on top. I promise, I promise! Ban me from the site if that doesn't happen!

I definitely will! :p

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
The BF4-Demo (Side by side comparison) clearly showed that resolution is not as important... The PS4 has really terrible colors and nothing I have seen yet seems good... And it cant play MP3's, can't use DLNA, can't be used for any kind of media-streaming... My choice is quite clear.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You act as if $100 is alot of money. I've said this before, I spend more than that on booze and women in a week.

Regarding 720 vs. 1080: Why are you all blaming MSFT? Its the companies that create the games that made such decisions. Hell, at the end of the day it may not make a noticable difference.

1. Grats on your spending habits and financial situation, as if they apply to the whole world.
2. It's Microsoft's fault is the reason it either bad tools or insufficient hardware.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
This. I'm surprised there isn't more talk of this.

Yep, you know if Microsoft announced the lack of these features there would be a veritable sh*tstorm of monolithic proportions as the fedora neckbeard anime bottom dwelling trolltards would slam every message board from here to Sri Lanka with proclamations about how MS raped their childhood and stole their limited edition Notch fedora.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This. I'm surprised there isn't more talk of this.

I will just get a USB with all my music and just plug and play which I do with my PS3 now as well as copy the music files over.

So it not an issue for me which I'm getting the PS4, maybe an issue for others I don't know never heard anyone put a CD in a PS3 before :p

I think the more important issue is why they didn't add bluray and DVD support from day one without the day one update?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
1. Grats on your spending habits and financial situation, as if they apply to the whole world.
2. It's Microsoft's fault is the reason it either bad tools or insufficient hardware.

Heh. Single man has to do something to keep himself entertained ;)

I'm gonna stick to my guns on the resolution thing. Until I see it with my own eyes I'm not sure it will make that much of a difference. Having the lower resolution may even improve gameplay as your not taxing the GPU.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I will just get a USB with all my music and just plug and play which I do with my PS3 now as well as copy the music files over.

So it not an issue for me which I'm getting the PS4, maybe an issue for others I don't know never heard anyone put a CD in a PS3 before :p

I think the more important issue is why they didn't add bluray and DVD support from day one without the day one update?

BigPaddy, You might be upset when you find out it doesn't work like that lol.

The PS4 doesn't support MP3's AT ALL. No plug and play music at all.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
BigPaddy, You might be upset when you find out it doesn't work like that lol.

The PS4 doesn't support MP3's AT ALL. No plug and play music at all.

Oh so there no support for plug and play for USB as well that a shame!

Why SONY, WHY?!?!

I would go for SONY Music Unlimited however no use without an WP app!

You save me trying to stick a USB for hours trying to make it play MP3's!

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo