Call of Duty Ghosts on Xbox One only 720p. PS4 is 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think folks need to step back and remember why they got into gaming in the first place.

This ^^^^^

Anyway don't they get up scaled anyway and they may release a patch to make it 1080p.

Exactly its not the going bring the world to a halt is it?.. most people just think just because a game is being released on a console means said console manufacturer makes all the decisions.. case in point they are blaming MS because infinity have decided to release in 720p as opposed to 1080p... eash how can people be so naive lol.

Also people are forgetting that MS is shipping a 4k ready hdmi cable with the X1, so on that note if it was MS's decision ofc they would have released it in 1080p. Otherwise why not just stick in ?1 hdmi cable...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Having the lower resolution may even improve gameplay as your not taxing the GPU.

It depends on the relative view of that. Relative to having 1080p on the One, you have a point. Relative to 1080p on the PS4, you do not, as the whole reason one is 1080p and the other is 720p is because the PS4 will run CoD smoothly at 60 FPS at 1080p, while the Xbox One will not (in the case of BF4, it's 900p vs. 720p).

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
See, it's hard to say with that. They say no USB drives, but they apparently also said that you can update the console with a USB drive, so I'm not exactly sure what to expect on that front.

When I get the PS4 I will try out all the feature just to see what does or doesn't work since SONY not sure.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the relative view of that. Relative to having 1080p on the One, you have a point. Relative to 1080p on the PS4, you do not, as the whole reason one is 1080p and the other is 720p is because the PS4 will run CoD smoothly at 60 FPS at 1080p, while the Xbox One will not (in the case of BF4, it's 900p vs. 720p).

I will say that I bet if they had some more time to get to know the system they might have been able to make it 1080p.

Whereas with the PS4 they got that extra power too pull it off.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I will say that I bet if they had some more time to get to know the system they might have been able to make it 1080p.

Whereas with the PS4 they got that extra power too pull it off.

Microsoft really has to address this. The whole "it look great upscaled" garbage isn't fooling anyone with a brain. If it's unfamiliarity with new tools, and the long-term optimization will fix the issue, fine. If they did a 360 port, and there was a related restriction there (since the 360 isn't a 1080p machine), fine, since we'll see that probably stop next year. If it's related to the multitasking and usage of multiple operating systems, I guess I'll be OK with that. If it's simply that the hardware is underpowered, and we're going to be asked to live in a primarily-720p generation with the One, that's not OK. They can't play the game of secrecy with this stuff, given the other P.R. disasters they have endured.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If it's simply that the hardware is underpowered, and we're going to be asked to live in a primarily-720p generation with the One, that's not OK. They can't play the game of secrecy with this stuff, given the other P.R. disasters they have endured.

So what your saying that is 1080p is now a standard that the Xbox One HAS TO SUPPORT OR ELSE?

I absolutely HATE people that think the way you do. There's a screw loose somewhere. If you can't survive without 720p, then by all means it might work out for us all. That will eliminate all the people who complain.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Having the lower resolution may even improve gameplay as your not taxing the GPU.

This is the WORSE excuse on a brand new $500 unreleased console. IF Microsoft's Xbox One GPU gets taxed (AT ALL) on a release 1080p game, this system will be a JOKE in 3-4 months, Remember the Red Ring of death ? Then Microsoft said the system supports 4K, if it can't handle 1080p.....

Sure, Most people will not even notice the 720p vs. 1080p unless they are watching a 50" tv from 3 feet away but, the fact of the matter is not that. The fact is this is the most expensive of the next gen consoles that is not even released yet, You should not only want 1080p, YOU SHOULD EXPECT IT.

This is something that you should EXPECT and this is why most people are pretty upset about it..... after all, I am paying $531 for a console (+tax) and I am not getting everything I should be getting for my money.

Yes, it's about the games and the Entertainment of it but, crap, if I am getting a new game, I expect it to look the best it can...Esp on a BRAND new next gen console..

In 6 months maybe no one will care but, if 3-4 months from now all the new titles come out in only 720p and PS4 gets them in 1080p. Everyone would call it a failure, from a reviewers standpoint.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
So what your saying that is 1080p is now a standard that the Xbox One HAS TO SUPPORT OR ELSE?

I absolutely HATE people that think the way you do. There's a screw loose somewhere. If you can't survive without 720p, then by all means it might work out for us all. That will eliminate all the people who complain.
my deal was I've been playing 1080p games for about 4 years now.. Who doesn't have a 1080p

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
my deal was I've been playing 1080p games for about 4 years now.. Who doesn't have a 1080p

I have a 1080p Computer screen, but only one person/family from my "closest people" actually have a full HD TV. Most have 720p TVs. Naturally that's no argument towards the actual problem, but at least around here 1080p TVs are definitely not in every house yet, they're still too expensive for most people who wouldn't even see the difference between the two :p

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Fact is that billions have been invested in this over the last 5 years+ the damn things arnty even out yet and ppl are shooting them down already LOL...compare xbox 360 and ps3 games to the ones that launched with the console - Time will sort it out. The fact is that BOTH Sony AND MS built their infrastructure based on DRM and now HAVE to throttle back as they rebuild their networks, again it will take time. the typical 'mines better than yours' is complete BS - both will be equally good based on todays technology HOWEVER.... if you want the best of the best then just buy a 10 grand PC - both PS4 (and 5/6 7 8 9) and Xbox One/Two/Three will never be able to compete - simples.

Heres a man with more experience than all of you talking about a subject we can only 'speculate' about - PS4 and Xbox One are almost identical according to Resident Evil creator | Games | Geek.com

trainplane

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1080p Computer screen, but only one person/family from my "closest people" actually have a full HD TV. Most have 720p TVs. Naturally that's no argument towards the actual problem, but at least around here 1080p TVs are definitely not in every house yet, they're still too expensive for most people who wouldn't even see the difference between the two :p
The 720p vs 1080p issue isn't just about resolution. It's about the system's graphical abilities. So far, the PS4 is proving way, way more powerful than the XB1, far more than 360 vs PS3 and the resolution differences is one indication of that. 720 to 1080 is over 100% increase. So even if both have a multiplatform game at the same resolution, the PS4's per-pixel quality will be much better due to this if there is a true hardware limitation to the XB1.

As a fan of the 360, I'm fully willing to take MS to task for this and am willing to say they made a massive technical failure in the XB1 if their hardware is proving incapable compared to the same type of hardware at the same price. Give it a year for the platform to mature then we shall see.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

That's just dumb to say. I have "a screw loose" if I ask that a console that costs $100 more than the competition to have comparable power? It's not just a simple matter of 720p or 1080p. If I'm expected to invest $500 and 10 years in this console, isn't it semi-reasonable to expect that it can handle 1080p? I mean, we're talking about keeping these things until 4K is probably commonplace in living rooms and 8K is starting to gain a little traction. If the hardware can't handle 1080p without extreme, first-party optimization, it's going to be a problem. It's not whether I'm concerned about 1080p now or not, it's how much longevity can be expected from these consoles if they can't handle old tech (1080p is standard for HDTVs now) at launch.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I agree on that. I use my TV at 1360x768 (just what my PC is defaulted to), but the issue is that this console's not something to upgrade/replace in a couple of years, when 1080p is super-affordable. We're supposed to keep these things for 10 years without upgrades to the hardware, and seeing as how people are pushing their high-end PCs beyond 1080p already, there's no way someone's going to accept the Xbox One at 720p when a smartphone is over 1080p in 2020.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I read some reports that the xbox drivers haven't be that stable and not pushing out updates to make them more stable for developers.

This could be another reason why there a difference is resolution.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The 720p vs 1080p issue isn't just about resolution. It's about the system's graphical abilities. So far, the PS4 is proving way, way more powerful than the XB1, far more than 360 vs PS3 and the resolution differences is one indication of that. 720 to 1080 is over 100% increase. So even if both have a multiplatform game at the same resolution, the PS4's per-pixel quality will be much better due to this if there is a true hardware limitation to the XB1.

As a fan of the 360, I'm fully willing to take MS to task for this and am willing to say they made a massive technical failure in the XB1 if their hardware is proving incapable compared to the same type of hardware at the same price. Give it a year for the platform to mature then we shall see.

NOTHING has been proven - they are not even out yet lol and all the facts from people with hands on experience suggests they are comparable machines. The developers havnt had time to get to grips with the hardware hence the 720p instead of 1080 - it has NOTHING to do with the FACT that the Xbox is not powerful enough LOL - that's just a fantastical loony thing to think.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I heard that even though the X1 is in 720p, it is still actually nice. Some say, it even looks nicer than the PS4! Imagine how much better it would if it was real 1080p though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky