Call of Duty Ghosts on Xbox One only 720p. PS4 is 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
ALIENWARE computers use nvidia and amd cards with GDDR5...that what I mean....What is better than GDDR5 right now? DDR3 that my old 2002 pc got?

Wake up.,...GDDR5 is by far the best right now....I got 500 bucks, to spend on videogame this month. I will not wait 6 months and see if Xbox One can reach PS4. Then is more confortable to me buy a PS4. Sounds much better.

You are comparing apples to oranges. PS4s performance gain most likely has fairly little to do with the GDDR5 vs. DDR3 right now anyways. While it plays a part, it's most likely just the more powerful GPU. While this doesn't change anything for you, but you obviously don't really understand what you are talking about when it comes to RAM.

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
You are comparing apples to oranges. PS4s performance gain most likely has fairly little to do with the GDDR5 vs. DDR3 right now anyways. While it plays a part, it's most likely just the more powerful GPU. While this doesn't change anything for you, but you obviously don't really understand what you are talking about when it comes to RAM.

Guess you are the head manager that even care to answer about the gaps of COD and BF4. Guess you the premium access on xbox one and ps4 and you could use your wonderfull applications to say X or Y, better than all the other magazines. Fairly Little? More than 100gigaflops of bandwitch is little? lol. I guess what is huge for you...better not guessing...maybe...I guess you don't know that GDDR5 has directly related to the draw on your tv. Do you know that COD in order to keep around 60fps they upscaled it? What does it mean? That the processor and gpu that are close to other, could not render it on 1080p. Why, because the low speed memory, tha receives. Do you know that on PS4 GDDR5 is a unity memory and also render part of the system and GPU? Maybe not. You can't conceive unity memory and RAM management working in one way. You are just the ambassador of the cheap talk...

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Here for the Ambassador of the Cheap Talk:

. "Firstly, the notion of operating between two memory pools for render targets is an additional pain that is not an issue on PlayStation 4's unified 8GB of GDDR5. Secondly - and perhaps most importantly - the most common compliant we hear is that developers really want more than 32MB for their high-bandwidth graphics work.

Talking to the Microsoft tech staff, we attempted to tackle the issue of the 32MB ESRAM limit by suggesting a 1080p render target scenario that wasn't that outrageous for a modern game engine, but would bust through the memory ceiling very easily. Microsoft countered by suggesting that those targets could be split between DDR3 and ESRAM, and pushed its own, more memory-efficient, compressed render target formats - similar to the ones utilised on Xbox 360 to great success."

Xbox One Resolutiongate: the 720p fallout • Articles • Eurogamer.net

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not concerned about this issue. I think overtime they will figure out a way to develop games better to get to 1080p. And I honestly don't mind 720p myself. And it is being up scaled to 1080p. The current generation only got better overtime. Why can't the next generation? I'm more interested on the experience and enjoyment of game. Which in my opinion is what games should be about. Not some spec vs spec war. And again buy what works best for you.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
More than 100gigaflops of bandwitch is little? lol.

I'm just going to take a shot in the dark and guess that you mean gigaBYTES, not gigaFLOPS? You're speaking in such awkward terms in your biased hatred for this console anymore that I really don't get what you're trying to convey through broken English and general statements of confusion.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It does not matter GDDR5 or DDR3 etc what matters is THE END RESULT - changing your mind and cancelling pre orders is retarded as historically ..well no difference really. However if you have a windows phone, tablet or use windows then your life will be easier as the services will become closely tied in with time and with the ability of the Kinect the interaction and 'fun' level makes it a no brainer. I can see my PS4 gathering dust as i use the XBOX One for everything.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Guess you are the head manager that even care to answer about the gaps of COD and BF4. Guess you the premium access on xbox one and ps4 and you could use your wonderfull applications to say X or Y, better than all the other magazines. Fairly Little? More than 100gigaflops of bandwitch is little? lol. I guess what is huge for you...better not guessing...maybe...I guess you don't know that GDDR5 has directly related to the draw on your tv. Do you know that COD in order to keep around 60fps they upscaled it? What does it mean? That the processor and gpu that are close to other, could not render it on 1080p. Why, because the low speed memory, tha receives. Do you know that on PS4 GDDR5 is a unity memory and also render part of the system and GPU? Maybe not. You can't conceive unity memory and RAM management working in one way. You are just the ambassador of the cheap talk...

Lol I don't even understand what you're talking about, and that's not because you try to use technical terms... Your entire comment is just a pile of awkward confusion, I don't care about graphics that much anyway, all my favorite games are really old and you would probably just call them ugly...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't agree with what you are saying. The end result can certainly be affected by the difference in RAM, to say it doesn't matter is self-contradictory. As that one dude who is spreading garbage said (one of the few things he has a real point on), GDDR5 has a memory bandwidth nearly triple that of the Xbox One's DDR3, so it can definitely have some effect on the outcome, though we can't really tell what the extent is when we don't know the restrictions of the console (is the issues with resolution 100% related to hardware, and if so, is the GPU the only strained part in the matter?).

Personally, I wouldn't cancel my pre-order, but I'd probably put it on eBay to make a little money, if possible. I'd definitely be in the act of reassessment the hardware landscape though, that's for sure. I wouldn't be debating Xbox or PlayStation, but I'd be questioning Xbox or PC with this news. As for the greatness of the Kinect, it and the system allegedly eat up something like 10% of the hardware (what I read didn't specify what "system" entails, and how that 10% is split). I wouldn't be surprised if the highly-detailed Kinect was chomping away at the GPU a bit for image processing, though.

If the Kinect is part of the problem, it's an interesting discussion to have long-term. If motion gaming becomes popular, and Sony has to push the Eye's features more, I can't help but wonder if they'd run into hardware restrictions as the Eye used up resources, assuming the idea that the Kinect uses a significant chunk of resources.

tdsweetwheels

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Not concerned at all about this. Early release games will be inferior to both consoles in a year. None of this matters. Specs this and Specs that. I have a PS3 and an Xbox 360 and i could care less about the graphics rendering or any of that garbage that nerds argue over. Both new consoles will blow you away regardless. Stop being tools and just enjoy the games.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, come into the conversation and call names while offering nothing of value to the discussion. That doesn't hypocritically make YOU sound like a tool.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I guess many devs might've found that they might be able to have higher quality textures etc in the game easier than having higher resolution. I have no idea how these upscalers work, but apparently Xbox One must have a pretty good one cos I can't otherwise explain how the games can look so similar with the resolution differences :p Since upscaling itself shouldn't add any data that wasn't there already, that's why I came up with the theory at the start that perhaps the textures and other stuff are just a bit better to offset for lower resolution upscaled.

Perhaps someone more tech sawwy has a better explanation? :D

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I change my mind, you can run me over with a bulldozer if the PS4 EVER supports native 4k games in it's lifetime!

The stakes have been raised.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess many devs might've found that they might be able to have higher quality textures etc in the game easier than having higher resolution. I have no idea how these upscalers work, but apparently Xbox One must have a pretty good one cos I can't otherwise explain how the games can look so similar with the resolution differences :p Since upscaling itself shouldn't add any data that wasn't there already, that's why I came up with the theory at the start that perhaps the textures and other stuff are just a bit better to offset for lower resolution upscaled.

Perhaps someone more tech sawwy has a better explanation? :D

Even if the Xbox looks better, people will only care about what the spec sheet says. -_-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss