Call of Duty Ghosts on Xbox One only 720p. PS4 is 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
This popped up on fail blog...

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• h33BCCEEF.jpg
    h33BCCEEF.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 44

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The article that Michael Archambault should have read

Xbox Consoles News: Native 1080p on Xbox One is "very possible", says Call of Duty: Ghosts developer - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

Infinity Ward's next Call of Duty will be leaps and bounds ahead, Rubin suggested. "I definitely see slash hope both platforms will look way better the next time we get a chance at it. As an obvious analogy - and if people are not sure about this it's pretty simple - look at Call of Duty 2 versus COD 4. It was a massive leap forward in graphics, and that's just because it takes time to get through this."First launch, first time at bat at a new console is a challenging one. That's just the way it is. For people fearful one system is more powerful than the other or vice versa, it's a long game."

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree entirely. I was expecting WPCentral writers to remain largely supportive of the Microsoft ecosystem, especially since there's a slow convergence of WP8, Windows 8, and Xbox platforms.

This kind of journalistic negativeering proved somewhat damaging to the first generation of Surface RT.

Sure, I wouldn't want facts to be hidden or stories written with rose tinted glasses, but a balanced view would be good to see.

The point is that Xbox One games will continue to get better over time as developers learn how to optimise the system for better performance. Take GTA5, I'm quite frankly amazed at how good that game is on the 360 - even at the "end of life" stage, the content for it is still getting better.

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I would call the AWESOMENESS of the PS4! :p

The awesomeness of PS4 and it's t-t-t-t-ten-n-n-n ay-ay-ay-ay-t-t-t-ty p-p-p-p-peeee native COD experience? LOL. 7 pages for this topic and it turns out that the game is a stinker on PS4, serious framerate slowdown, running smoother and at a constant 60fps on X360, and looking only marginally better on PS4 than X360. Plus, reviewers had to use dev kits instead of real consoles and LAN instead of PSN (and MP framerate still lagged!). I guess the best PR for MS is letting the truth come out. I still wish they were more aggressive, but the events of this morning are pretty eye opening. A week to go for X1 COD reviews...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The awesomeness of PS4 and it's t-t-t-t-ten-n-n-n ay-ay-ay-ay-t-t-t-ty p-p-p-p-peeee native COD experience? LOL. 7 pages for this topic and it turns out that the game is a stinker on PS4, serious framerate slowdown, running smoother and at a constant 60fps on X360, and looking only marginally better on PS4 than X360. Plus, reviewers had to use dev kits instead of real consoles and LAN instead of PSN (and MP framerate still lagged!). I guess the best PR for MS is letting the truth come out. I still wish they were more aggressive, but the events of this morning are pretty eye opening. A week to go for X1 COD reviews...

Now now.. :p The PS4 is also a great console, if it meets your preferences. It seems that the CoD-crew are quite a lazy bunch at this time if PS4 CoD doesnt run well at 1080p and X1 had to be made into 720p.

I would rather look at exclusives than multiplats at this time to define whether a console is awesome or not :p If asked, I tell people to pick their console based on 1) exclusive preference 2) controller preference 3) budget combined with need/lack of need for the "off gaming capabilities" and Kincet.

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Now now.. :p The PS4 is also a great console, if it meets your preferences. It seems that the CoD-crew are quite a lazy bunch at this time if PS4 CoD doesnt run well at 1080p and X1 had to be made into 720p.

I would rather look at exclusives than multiplats at this time to define whether a console is awesome or not :p If asked, I tell people to pick their console based on 1) exclusive preference 2) controller preference 3) budget combined with need/lack of need for the "off gaming capabilities" and Kincet.

I totally agree. But over the past week this type of logic was eschewed for the " validation that PS4 is 50% more powerful" argument. So it was just a bit of a guilty pleasure to see some chickens come home to roost.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So, are both the One & PS4 having these massive frame rate drops or just the PS4 version???

it seems just the PS4. I guess since the X1 is 720p, it runs at about 55-60fps consistently. I think Michael put that in his article yesterday.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It seems that the CoD-crew are quite a lazy bunch at this time if PS4 CoD doesnt run well at 1080p and X1 had to be made into 720p.

Well, it's not JUST CoD in 720p, but yeah, you can take one look at that game and tell it was made lazily, because it has that striking "CoD" look to it. You just see the game and know it's that.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's not JUST CoD in 720p, but yeah, you can take one look at that game and tell it was made lazily, because it has that striking "CoD" look to it. You just see the game and know it's that.

Yeah, it was mostly referring to the PS4 side of things of not playing well. I was gonna take BF4 on PS4 as example, but remembered that's not 1080p, but I'm not sure how big difference does this make.. are we coming to the conclusion that after all 1080p even on Playstation is shaky too at this time? :p

I mean, in the end I think it's quite relative. It's probably easy making Minecraft into 1080p, but how about something with really high res textures etc? I dont doubt X1 could run 1080p no problem if they scale the "graphical settings" down, but is that a gain for anyone except for the spec humpers cos they can't typically hump the other graphical settings in these cases more than that.

I had a friend come "brag" to me about Ryse's character polygon count being reduced to make terrain more detailed. But I think it's relative there too. You can make a huge polygon count and then end up reducing it to "normal levels", but ofc reporting that will look bad when the average Joe goes "herp derp Ryse had to lower polygon count!". Especially when it wasn't even a net loss, it was to add detail to the terrain rather than just up the performance.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Odd that most of the sites don't mention frame rate drops on the PS4... It's like there truly is a witch hunt to bring the One down. Almost reminds me of the media coverage of the last presidential election, Obama as the PS4 and Romney as the XB1.

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Odd that most of the sites don't mention frame rate drops on the PS4... It's like there truly is a witch hunt to bring the One down. Almost reminds me of the media coverage of the last presidential election, Obama as the PS4 and Romney as the XB1.
At least you can change your mind at any time with consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb