You can order COD:Ghosts digitaly on 360 but, dont try to use your Microsoft account...WTF ?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
SO, I have a nice $170 credit sitting in my Microsoft account, so I was looking forward to getting the digtal version of COD:Ghosts today.

I go in and try to order it and it only gives me options of selecting a credit card, I HAVE $170, why must I use a credit card ?

So I chat with MS billing support and I get this news....

Nino: at 8:53:30

For the time being, Activision have not allowed yet the purchase of downloadable content using local currency. Credit card is the only payment option that is allowed. Rest assured that you'll be able to use your local currency. However, to set your expectations, Activision haven't given a timeframe as to when you'll be able to use local currency.

and after putting a little pressure on...

Nino: at 8:56:38

I understand your frustration. However, this is Activision's policy as of the moment for that particular game and we are just following it. Should you wish to address your grievance, you need to address it through Activision.

So if you want to buy the DIGITAL version of CALL OF DUTY: Ghosts, go for it but, dont try to use MS points or your Microsoft account credit...

WTF ?

Last edited:

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: You can oder COD:digitaly on 360 but, dont try to use your Microsoft account...WTF ?

What do you mean WTF? The person told you twice WTF.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: You can oder COD:digitaly on 360 but, dont try to use your Microsoft account...WTF ?

What do you mean WTF? The person told you twice WTF.

I mean WTF by the fact that I put money in my Microsoft account to buy games, now I am being told I can't buy a game. NO question a WTF...

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Activision not wanting to play ball is too bad. Be honest, I wouldn't offer their games in digital format unless they integrated with MSFT accounts. I bet they would change their tune real quick.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Oh that's scary. I have quite a bit of money on my Microsoft account as well. But I don't plan on buying Ghost. I plan on using it for Forza 5 on the xbox one. I assume Forza 5 would allow this since it is a Microsoft Studios game. But my question is would it allow me to use the $57 I have on my account then use my Credit Card to pay the rest. I certainly hope Microsoft thought about something as simple as this.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Activision not wanting to play ball is too bad. Be honest, I wouldn't offer their games in digital format unless they integrated with MSFT accounts. I bet they would change their tune real quick.

Exactly, Why Microsoft even allowed it to be availabe for download is a big issue. Why offer Microsoft money/credit/account if they are going to allow limits like this on games from some companies ?

A big game like this that I can't even use my own MS account. I wanted the digital version so I can upgrade to the Xbox one version($10) and have both copies (360 and One) so if I want to fall back to the 360 to play with friends, I can. I can't do this if I picked it up at retail (though I would prefer the physical copy).

Not very happy about this. Sure, I will just pick it up but, I am outraged that they wont allow this.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: You can order COD:digitaly on 360 but, dont try to use your Microsoft account...WTF ?

Spent some time with Microsoft, Activistion and Xbox support.... AVTIV wants sends it to MS and MS sends it to ATiv....They are just blaming on each other...what a nighmare

I can't get an answer on why ? When Will I be able to buy it ? Why is this even happening ?

I guess I have to spend other money for it, this is basicly a black bar for MS for me, when My MS account is empty, I will never put funds back in it.....just use a CC, and that's easier and Microsoft does not make money off interest from me...

I can't believe that they alllowed something like this to happen from a publisher.... good job MS...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Oh that's scary. I have quite a bit of money on my Microsoft account as well. But I don't plan on buying Ghost. I plan on using it for Forza 5 on the xbox one. I assume Forza 5 would allow this since it is a Microsoft Studios game. But my question is would it allow me to use the $57 I have on my account then use my Credit Card to pay the rest. I certainly hope Microsoft thought about something as simple as this.

It does not allow you to on Windows Phone, so I'd imagine the sadness comes with you to Xbox One. Just get on using Bing Rewards, and you can earn enough points for a $3 Xbox gift card in a month or so.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So, after all that yesterday, when I got home, I tried it again. I was able to order with my Microsoft account. Maybe it was a bug in the morning or they were still updating it ?

Anyway about this, it works now...

I ordered COD:Ghosts and the Season pass, figured because I am getting the xbox one, and I can upgrade to the X1 digital version for $10 and it will carry over the season pass, I will get plenty of use out of it...

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, I'm surprised it is available this quickly. I don't remember a big title being able to be purchased as downloadable content this quickly.

I believe it will be allowed, just not at the moment.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, I'm surprised it is available this quickly. I don't remember a big title being able to be purchased as downloadable content this quickly.

I be Microsoft did this as a way of testing their server loads in readiness for the digital content on Xbox One.

They would have had some time to analyse the performance logs so they could tweak the servers for even more performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo