XBox Ones process on the 15th

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just got an email from the Microsoft Store saying that my order will be processed on the 15th. Maybe I'll get it early... Here's hoping.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got an email from the Microsoft Store saying that my order will be processed on the 15th. Maybe I'll get it early... Here's hoping.

I got the same email.... for others who ordered from the Microsoft store, this is a notice if you ordered it a while ago to make sure your adress and creditcard on file is correct or you could lose your place. They said they WILL start processing them on the 15th, I would still bet you will not get it till the 22nd (if your really lucky and next to the shipping location you MIGHT get it a day early). They normally ship out pre-ordered stuff the day before so it arrives on the release day (same with 3 other pre-order games I have done with them)

Keep in mind with the volume that will be shipped, you might even get it a day later....I will be ticked if I dont see it on the 22nd....

Thanks for pre-ordering Xbox One from Microsoft. We recommend double checking your order information to ensure you get your Xbox One on the day it's released.

1. Go to your order history
and verify that your billing, shipping and payment information for your Xbox One pre-order is correct.

2. If you need to change any of your order information, call us immediately at 866-883-3754 and tell the Microsoft Store associate that you need to update your information for your Xbox One pre-order and you will be transferred to a group of associates who can help you.

We'll start processing orders on November 15, so please make any updates by that date to ensure delivery of your order.

Thanks for helping us deliver your Xbox One on November 22 and thanks for shopping at the Microsoft online store.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
What kind of Internet connection do you have? Because those games are huuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

I thought both XB1 and PS4 let you start to play the game before it's downloaded? Hopefully they also do like Steam and when you pre-order games you actually download the bits prior to the "release date" so it's all ready to play once the right time comes.

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I got my email today. I would have to think the logistics in getting potentially millions of consoles out the door in seven days is pretty insane...I'm also loving the ramp-up in MS marketing and articles around the 'net...they are kind of negating Sony's presence...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought both XB1 and PS4 let you start to play the game before it's downloaded? Hopefully they also do like Steam and when you pre-order games you actually download the bits prior to the "release date" so it's all ready to play once the right time comes.

There have been a couple of reports on this. One was a Reddit post from an alleged dev, I think, who said some games will play after 15% installation, while others need 75%. The guy who got his console early and was posting info last night said it had to hit 50%. Maybe it varies by if you're doing disc or digital installations.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got the same email too, which told me that the card I used to make the purchase has expired.

But, I ordered using PayPal, and I got my Surface last month using the same account/card, which expires at the end of 2014.

I guess I'll have to call to see what's going on, something on their side has messed up.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Turns out that there were quite a few emails sent out erroneously stating that customers credit card details had expired. My payment details check out fine.

Phew.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I got the same email too, which told me that the card I used to make the purchase has expired.

But, I ordered using PayPal, and I got my Surface last month using the same account/card, which expires at the end of 2014.

I guess I'll have to call to see what's going on, something on their side has messed up.

I got the same email, sayin my card details had expired. The problem is, both my cards are still valid.

I called Microsoft Store UK and was told not to worry as this was sent to all pre-order customers as a precautionary messaure.

I did insist the look through everything though as the email says failure to check everything could result in cancellation of said pre-order.

The CS Agent then confirmed that the payment method I'd chosen, was PayPal (I couldnt remember as I'd ordered back in August). So all looks good.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that telling everyone their card had expired is much of a precautionary measure. The CS I was on the phone told me that the "expired card details" email was sent by mistake to a number of people.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I logged into my Microsoftstore account today to check and it says...

Nothing on my CC as of yet tho... :(

Would be nice to get a few days early, even if I could not access xbox live on it...to get it all wired up and play with the hardware...

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I logged into my Microsoftstore account today to check and it says...

Nothing on my CC as of yet tho... :(

Would be nice to get a few days early, even if I could not access xbox live on it...to get it all wired up and play with the hardware...

Mine's still listed as BackOrdered.

Can I ask where in the world are you?

xcheater3161

Banned
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine's still listed as BackOrdered.

Can I ask where in the world are you?

Mine is listed at BackOrdered, but the status on the left hand side says "Order In Process". If my console is backordered, I will flip out because I ordered mine on June 10th. If anyone ordered before me, I will be surprised.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss