XBox Ones process on the 15th

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine is listed at BackOrdered, but the status on the left hand side says "Order In Process". If my console is backordered, I will flip out because I ordered mine on June 10th. If anyone ordered before me, I will be surprised.

Oh yeah, i see what you mean. Although, I'd expect that always said "In Progress"? (although i must say i never checked that specifically).

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft goods are always listed as "backordered" when they're pre-order items. Don't worry about it.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Email they sent out confirming mistake.

"Our Mistake.

You recently got an email from us telling you that your credit card had expired for your Xbox One pre-order. That wasn’t the email we meant to send you,and we’re sorry about the confusion it may have caused.

What we meant to ask you to do was to verify your billing and shipping address.You can do that by checking your order history.

If you’ve checked your billing and shipping address and everything looks OK, you don’t need to do anything else. If you see a problem, then please call us at 866-883-3754.

We’re looking forward to delivering your Xbox One on 22 November.

Thanks for shopping at Microsoft online store. "

Last edited:

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Welp I decided to keep my preorder but now I might not be able to anyway. Payday is the 15th and the card I have that's on the order has less than the necessary credit available due to some poor planning on my part. I don't have any cards I can switch it to (I keep small cards just for credit building) so I have to coincide the credit card payment with payday and make sure it clears as early as possible on the 15th. :p

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
IF you pre-ordered online from Microsoft Store, and used PayPal as your payment method, I'd suggest you check the Payment Status on your PayPal account on the day you placed your pre-order.

I just happened to check mine, and noticed that my Payment Status was set to Expired.

This made sense to me, as the order had been placed months ago, but MSFT hadn't yet requested the money. As such, a contact PayPal for confirmation that the payment would still be made if Microsoft were to request the money now. Unfortunately, PayPal said that any requests now for the funds involved in that transaction would be refused as it had Expired.

I've now therefore had to go back to Microsoft Store (by phone), cancelling my original pre-order and getting them to place another order. When doing this i made sure, and was assured, that my priority for the Xbox One Day One Edition with FIFA 14 would be kept.

So, It looks like the "Expired" card emails sent out on Monday might not have been in error at all, especially as Aperture o got the same "expired card" email and placed his/her order with PayPal payment.

So, if you pre-ordered using PayPal for payment, I urge you to check this! Especially as you know only have two days before Microsoft start processing orders.

Mine is listed at BackOrdered, but the status on the left hand side says "Order In Process". If my console is backordered, I will flip out because I ordered mine on June 10th. If anyone ordered before me, I will be surprised.
Microsoft goods are always listed as "backordered" when they're pre-order items. Don't worry about it.

Also, just noticed that my replacement Order is now listed as "In Process" in the main area (as opposed to "BackOrdered" on the original) AND on the left

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're paying via PayPal, you'll be fine (as long as your PayPal account can access the funds and doesn't have a spending limit).

I used the same method to buy my Surface 2 (which I pre-ordered as soon as the pre-orders were public) and things went through smoothly).

The "expired" email was just a case of someone using the wrong template to send out the "check your payment details" reminder email.

Sorry from Microsoft said:
Our Mistake.

You recently got an email from us telling you that your credit card had expired for your
Xbox One pre-order. That wasn’t the email we meant to send you, and we’re sorry about the confusion it may have caused.

What we meant to ask you to do was to verify your billing and shipping address. You can do that by checking
your order history.

If you’ve checked your billing and shipping address and everything looks OK, you don’t need to do anything else. If you see a problem, then please call us at 0800 026 0329.

We’re looking forward to delivering your Xbox One on 22 November.

There's bound to be a lot of uncertainty and doubt, but if you have money in the nominated account, you'll get your console on launch day (unless something unforeseen happens on delivery day)

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but the Surface 2 wasn't order months in advance though...

I think the issue (with me at least) was that i pre-ordered 3 months ago....

I'm not worried about the expired email, but rather PayPal.

Anyway...we'll see what happens

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Surface pre-order was 3 1/2 months.

If there was issues with using PayPal as a payment method, Microsoft would be remiss in pointing out the risk involved. I was on the phone with a customer service guy this week who verified that my payment details were all in order.

If there was any issue with using PayPal, Microsoft would lose a whole lot of revenue in terms of console sales and digital content downloads, not to mention the PR fallout.

Relax, it'll be fine.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone had their order processed yet?
No change for me yet, keep checking every couple hours...the amount of consoles they need to process I would think they will be working the weekend.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone had their order processed yet?
No change for me yet, keep checking every couple hours...the amount of consoles they need to process I would think they will be working the weekend.

Mine was charged on the 15th from the Microsoft Store, but no other correspondence from them so far.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Well got my shipping confirmation just now from the microsoftstore.ca site and says the status is now complete. Its only a matter of time now....

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
So I just checked my tracking number. Says it's coming UPS and found some interesting things... it's coming from Ontario, Canada and it's being shipped by UPS Next Day Air Saver! Could this mean I could recieve it early?? :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss