11-23-2013 08:24 AM
87 123 ...
tools
    I just got an email from the Microsoft Store saying that my order will be processed on the 15th. Maybe I'll get it early... Here's hoping.
    11-07-2013 01:47 PM
    Nice! Please let us know when it arrives.
    11-07-2013 10:42 PM
    Has the giveaway ended?
    11-07-2013 10:57 PM
    I've got the same date Nov 15th, but games will be released just on Nov 22nd.
    11-08-2013 03:13 AM
    Nice! Please let us know when it arrives.
    Will do.

I've got the same date Nov 15th, but games will be released just on Nov 22nd.
    I'm going all digital, so hopefully I can download them.
    11-08-2013 08:35 AM
    I'm going all digital, so hopefully I can download them.
    What kind of Internet connection do you have? Because those games are huuuuuuuuuuuuuge.
    11-08-2013 11:34 AM
    What kind of Internet connection do you have? Because those games are huuuuuuuuuuuuuge.
    Verizon FiOS. I don't know what speed because I'm renting and I don't handle that, but it's pretty fast. I can download big games on Steam in 15-30 mins.
    11-08-2013 11:41 AM
    11-08-2013 12:00 PM
    I just got an email from the Microsoft Store saying that my order will be processed on the 15th. Maybe I'll get it early... Here's hoping.
    I got the same email.... for others who ordered from the Microsoft store, this is a notice if you ordered it a while ago to make sure your adress and creditcard on file is correct or you could lose your place. They said they WILL start processing them on the 15th, I would still bet you will not get it till the 22nd (if your really lucky and next to the shipping location you MIGHT get it a day early). They normally ship out pre-ordered stuff the day before so it arrives on the release day (same with 3 other pre-order games I have done with them)

Keep in mind with the volume that will be shipped, you might even get it a day later....I will be ticked if I dont see it on the 22nd....

Thanks for pre-ordering Xbox One from Microsoft. We recommend double checking your order information to ensure you get your Xbox One on the day it's released.

1. Go to your order history
    and verify that your billing, shipping and payment information for your Xbox One pre-order is correct.

2. If you need to change any of your order information, call us immediately at 866-883-3754 and tell the Microsoft Store associate that you need to update your information for your Xbox One pre-order and you will be transferred to a group of associates who can help you.

We'll start processing orders on November 15, so please make any updates by that date to ensure delivery of your order.

Thanks for helping us deliver your Xbox One on November 22 and thanks for shopping at the Microsoft online store.
    11-08-2013 04:08 PM
    I thought both XB1 and PS4 let you start to play the game before it's downloaded? Hopefully they also do like Steam and when you pre-order games you actually download the bits prior to the "release date" so it's all ready to play once the right time comes.
    11-08-2013 04:15 PM
    I preordered with Microsoft but not the Microsoft near me so I got no email.
    11-09-2013 04:06 AM
    I got my email today. I would have to think the logistics in getting potentially millions of consoles out the door in seven days is pretty insane...I'm also loving the ramp-up in MS marketing and articles around the 'net...they are kind of negating Sony's presence...
    11-09-2013 04:38 AM
    I thought both XB1 and PS4 let you start to play the game before it's downloaded? Hopefully they also do like Steam and when you pre-order games you actually download the bits prior to the "release date" so it's all ready to play once the right time comes.
    There have been a couple of reports on this. One was a Reddit post from an alleged dev, I think, who said some games will play after 15% installation, while others need 75%. The guy who got his console early and was posting info last night said it had to hit 50%. Maybe it varies by if you're doing disc or digital installations.
    11-09-2013 01:48 PM
    I got the same email too, which told me that the card I used to make the purchase has expired.

But, I ordered using PayPal, and I got my Surface last month using the same account/card, which expires at the end of 2014.

I guess I'll have to call to see what's going on, something on their side has messed up.
    11-11-2013 04:20 AM
    Turns out that there were quite a few emails sent out erroneously stating that customers credit card details had expired. My payment details check out fine.

Phew.
    11-11-2013 05:46 AM
    I got the same email too, which told me that the card I used to make the purchase has expired.

But, I ordered using PayPal, and I got my Surface last month using the same account/card, which expires at the end of 2014.

I guess I'll have to call to see what's going on, something on their side has messed up.
    I got the same email, sayin my card details had expired. The problem is, both my cards are still valid.

I called Microsoft Store UK and was told not to worry as this was sent to all pre-order customers as a precautionary messaure.

I did insist the look through everything though as the email says failure to check everything could result in cancellation of said pre-order.

The CS Agent then confirmed that the payment method I'd chosen, was PayPal (I couldnt remember as I'd ordered back in August). So all looks good.
    11-11-2013 06:08 AM
    I don't think that telling everyone their card had expired is much of a precautionary measure. The CS I was on the phone told me that the "expired card details" email was sent by mistake to a number of people.
    11-11-2013 06:13 AM
    I logged into my Microsoftstore account today to check and it says...

Nothing on my CC as of yet tho... :(

Would be nice to get a few days early, even if I could not access xbox live on it...to get it all wired up and play with the hardware...
    11-11-2013 03:12 PM
    I logged into my Microsoftstore account today to check and it says...

Nothing on my CC as of yet tho... :(

Would be nice to get a few days early, even if I could not access xbox live on it...to get it all wired up and play with the hardware...
    Mine's still listed as BackOrdered.

Can I ask where in the world are you?
    11-12-2013 07:23 AM
    Mine's still listed as BackOrdered.

Can I ask where in the world are you?
    Mine is listed at BackOrdered, but the status on the left hand side says "Order In Process". If my console is backordered, I will flip out because I ordered mine on June 10th. If anyone ordered before me, I will be surprised.
    11-12-2013 08:13 AM
    Mine is listed at BackOrdered, but the status on the left hand side says "Order In Process". If my console is backordered, I will flip out because I ordered mine on June 10th. If anyone ordered before me, I will be surprised.
    Oh yeah, i see what you mean. Although, I'd expect that always said "In Progress"? (although i must say i never checked that specifically).
    11-12-2013 09:48 AM
    Microsoft goods are always listed as "backordered" when they're pre-order items. Don't worry about it.
    xcheater3161 likes this.
    11-12-2013 10:10 AM
    Microsoft goods are always listed as "backordered" when they're pre-order items. Don't worry about it.
    Thanks for the heads up. Makes me feel a lot better haha
    11-12-2013 10:18 AM
    Email they sent out confirming mistake.

"Our Mistake.

You recently got an email from us telling you that your credit card had expired for your Xbox One pre-order. That wasn’t the email we meant to send you,and we’re sorry about the confusion it may have caused.

What we meant to ask you to do was to verify your billing and shipping address.You can do that by checking your order history.

If you’ve checked your billing and shipping address and everything looks OK, you don’t need to do anything else. If you see a problem, then please call us at 866-883-3754.

We’re looking forward to delivering your Xbox One on 22 November.

Thanks for shopping at Microsoft online store. "
    Last edited by pedenske; 11-12-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    11-12-2013 01:18 PM
    Welp I decided to keep my preorder but now I might not be able to anyway. Payday is the 15th and the card I have that's on the order has less than the necessary credit available due to some poor planning on my part. I don't have any cards I can switch it to (I keep small cards just for credit building) so I have to coincide the credit card payment with payday and make sure it clears as early as possible on the 15th. :P
    11-12-2013 09:17 PM
87 123 ...