11-09-2013 10:10 AM
27 12
tools
    Well, I hope it was something that ubisoft sent to both sony and Microsoft, as this is another xbox outrage. First DRM (now fixed), call of duty ghosts, now this? It's going to he a hard launch for Microsoft. I'm buying the xbox though. What do you guys think?

Source: Microsoft allegedly caught using PlayStation 4 Watch Dogs footage on YouTube | Microsoft - CNET News
    11-07-2013 03:29 PM
    Bloggers dream come true to slate MS some more. I don't keep up with all the gaming side of things though, I'm not a big gamer to be honest, but some of the stories and comments I've read on the net are taking some things way out of proportion just to start some more hate/rival comments between the two consoles. I suppose it gets hits on their website.

It has been tough for MS with all the hate going on (some of it is their own fault though). From what I've managed to gather though, both look great consoles, if I had to choose one for myself it would be the Xbox One, not that I have anything against the PS4 (other than lack of DLNA), the Xbox One with it's media features and bundled kinect would make me prefer that one personally. I also prefer the feel of the Xbox controller to the Playstations.
    11-07-2013 03:47 PM
    It probably was just ubisoft. I'd imagine they just sent a generic one and chose the ps4 for whatever reason, but no one realized it. I mean, come on, that clip is a few months old and people are just now noticing it. Someone at Xbox could've easily missed it. I'll admit that I didn't notice.
    11-07-2013 04:17 PM
    I hope BIGPADDY doesn't see this
    11-07-2013 04:24 PM
    cnet.com- not even going to bother to give them the satisfaction of a click. As someone else said, it's probably Ubisoft's fault since they probably used the same promotional footage to create video for both platforms. It happens more often than you think.
    gsquared likes this.
    11-07-2013 04:41 PM
    And a couple years ago Sony was caugt using Forza still-frames in their Gran Tourismo advertizements.

(for those of you who dont know Forza is Microsofts big, beautiful, realistic racer and GT is Sony's)
    11-07-2013 04:51 PM
    Oh, please find the source for THAT. I'd love to have that ammo for later.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    11-07-2013 05:48 PM
    It was actually stills from PGR3, and they did it twice ;). Not a news article, but still has the image in question. What is really funny is the the car used has a license play that says PGR...

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discu...mote-gt4-again
    xboxonthego3 likes this.
    11-07-2013 07:14 PM
    /cough Ambassador Troll /cough...
    11-07-2013 08:36 PM
    Hard to imagine a Microsoft employee not seeing that detail if he was charged with editing it. I'm guessing it came from Ubisoft that decided to slap something together.
    11-07-2013 09:19 PM
    Time to #switch guys. You still have change to buy PS4.
    11-08-2013 12:37 AM
    /cough Ambassador Troll /cough...
    How am I being a "troll"? I even said in my post, that I'm getting the XBOX One anyways. Don't you know I'm a Microsoft guy, with my Lumia (LOOK AT MY AVATAR, BTW), Surface, and Xbox? -_-
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    11-08-2013 01:03 AM
    Already been resolved as a Ubisoft issue, related to their distribution of the footage.
    11-08-2013 01:03 AM
    Already been resolved as a Ubisoft issue, related to their distribution of the footage.
    Let's just hope Sony fanboys don't troll Microsoft/Xbox Youtube and other social media pages. :I
    Last edited by unstoppablekem; 11-08-2013 at 09:19 AM.
    11-08-2013 01:06 AM
    Nooooooooooope. Trolls from all realms reach every corner.
    11-08-2013 02:28 AM
    Nooooooooooope. Trolls from all realms reach every corner.
    I forgot to put "don't". Sorry, my mistake. Stupid me...
    11-08-2013 09:19 AM
    I'm still mad at Ubisoft for doing this. They should've either made it showing no buttons, made separate ones for the Xbox and PS, or let Microsoft and Sony make their own.
    11-08-2013 10:24 AM
    I'm still mad at Ubisoft for doing this. They should've either made it showing no buttons, made separate ones for the Xbox and PS, or let Microsoft and Sony make their own.
    I don't know what it is, but developers just seem really lazy recently.

First there was the inconsistent frame rate of the ps4 on CoD, then it was the Xbox only runs CoD in 1080p when upscaled, now this. I mean, the games seem amazing, but idk, I just think these guys need to pay a little more attention to detail, since stuff like this can directly affect their profits.
    11-08-2013 11:12 AM

First there was the inconsistent frame rate of the ps4 on CoD, then it was the Xbox only runs CoD in 1080p when upscaled, now this. I mean, the games seem amazing, but idk, I just think these guys need to pay a little more attention to detail, since stuff like this can directly affect their profits.
    I think the attention to detail is part of the reason why most games don't run 1080 on Xbox right now. It's about how you use resources.. Minecraft is easy to run in 1080, but does that mean it looks better than BF4 in 720p?

Also I think that many devs are finding a better balance in resource use on Xbox by upscaling and this seems to be cos of a good upscaler on the Xbox. I don't know what frigging magic they do, but when most games on Xbox look same in 720p as many PS4 games in 1080p, I don't know what to say. And I've seen half of both console's launch lineups with my own eyes. No game on the PS4 made me go "hey, this looks better visually than <insert game here> on Xbox One". And if they did, it was nowhere near of a signifigant gap that would warrant this kind of fuzz about it.

Most of the games I play on PC I run at 1920x1080, yet most of them I can't run as well/as pretty as a next-gen console already seem to do. Graphical detail is about so much more than a resolution, see the Minecraft analogy at the start :P
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    11-08-2013 11:19 AM
    I hope BIGPADDY doesn't see this
    I seen it :P

It probably was just ubisoft. I'd imagine they just sent a generic one and chose the ps4 for whatever reason, but no one realized it. I mean, come on, that clip is a few months old and people are just now noticing it. Someone at Xbox could've easily missed it. I'll admit that I didn't notice.
    However I agree with your statement above probably just Ubisoft picking a generic one, there won't be much difference to either.
    Jas00555 and unstoppablekem like this.
    11-08-2013 01:21 PM
    I could be totally wrong on my thoughts, but for now I'm gonna give developers a break for a little bit. Instead of developing games for the PS3, 360 and maybe the PC, they are now developing them for the PS3,PS4,360,XB1,PC. Their primary effort still needs to be on the 360/PS3/PC because they have an existing install base of millions and million devices. Their install base for the next gen system is basically zero. Their focus needs to be on the current gen.

The games in the next few years are gonna be epic. Give it time.
    11-08-2013 03:50 PM
    I could be totally wrong on my thoughts, but for now I'm gonna give developers a break for a little bit. Instead of developing games for the PS3, 360 and maybe the PC, they are now developing them for the PS3,PS4,360,XB1,PC. Their primary effort still needs to be on the 360/PS3/PC because they have an existing install base of millions and million devices. Their install base for the next gen system is basically zero. Their focus needs to be on the current gen.

The games in the next few years are gonna be epic. Give it time.
    alright, I'll give you that. They are developing for more systems, but that still doesn't explain this kind of stuff where they give Xbox a ps4 game video clip. The group that does that kind of stuff is different from the developers of the game, so they have no excuse.
    11-08-2013 04:37 PM
    Does it really matter if it doesnt affect gameplay? Call me an old school gamer but games used to be about the game. Not the technology that runs them.

Get your XO or your PS4 or keep gaming on your PC. Play the old and the new and just... Play. Caring not for the medium.
    11-08-2013 07:03 PM
    Sad thing is, I've never really gamed at 1080p...lol...so I wouldn't know it from a hole in the wall...for those knocking the potential of X1...you have seen "Gun", right? A 360 launch title? Xbox One will be just fine.
    11-09-2013 03:45 AM
    11-09-2013 04:40 AM
27 12