12 minute XBox One All-in-one Demo

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, real interesting!

Like I wrote in the news article, if I wouldn't have been sold on the X1 yet, this would've done it. My favourite video about the Xbox One so far, hands down!

Last edited:

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
This is a fantastic video. Fantastic. I just love how fast it recognized the two dudes and logged them in. Has there been any more information about the XBox Guide and what they will all work with? Since it's an HDMI pass through, will I still be able to use my cable box remote to view my guide and set shows to DVR or will I have to switch inputs?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I would've liked to see the room they were testing in. From the wall behind them at least, it doesn't look anything like my living room, that's for sure.

I'm more interested in seeing how well it works when people start getting the Kinect in their own homes.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Here's another article/video from The Verge with the Kinect stuff being demo'ed.

Exclusive video: our first look at Xbox One's voice-activated dashboard | The Verge

Not going to lie, was a bit sad to see how it did not recognize the guy's voice at times. However, I feel like that can be fixed going forward. Also was awesome how he gets logged in when Kinect notices him.

Well, sorta same but Verge did emphasize that it typically takes a while to get the right "tone" for it. I guess it can be seen with MS reps being able to typically control it without flaws.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
After listening to the Joystiq Podcast (which is really good BTW), I had a question based on what they said... Ludwig noticed that there were sometimes individual episodes of TV shows 'pinned' onto the left screen of the X1 Dashboard, would that be only for stuff that you possibly downloaded from XBOX Video - or could it be that some companies are really letting XBOX take that much control of their set top boxes and allowing the XBOX One to pin recorded shows through your say (as in my situation) DirecTV box so it appears in the XBOX One dashboard.

Because, if so (which I kind of doubt....) that'd be awesome. Really, really, really awesome. If that is even CLOSE to the case, I'd never have to go into the stock DirecTV interface again (which I think is very good now - especially as it compares to my mom's DishNetwork interface...)

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
My understanding is that there is actually no interface to get into your cable box's DVR or On Demand functionality. It was almost definitely stuff coming from Xbox Apps, whether it was Xbox Video, Hulu Plus, Netflix, or whatever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa