Xbox One: Free Six Month Of Skype Calls

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a phone. Why would I do this to myself and use my TV speakers for phone calls?

You can use the Skype on your phone for the calls most likely. I'd expect this to be a redeemable code or something.. well.. I guess it would be technically possible to limit it to Xbox only, I guess we'll have to wait and see. That said, I would likely use this just to avoid phone bill at least when calling somewhere from home.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Skype group calling should stay free with a Xbox live subscription they're dropping the ball on that

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Free Month of PSN+--I imagine there will be something like this (though maybe only 1 week or something) with the One.
2. Free month of Music Unlimited--You get 14 days with Xbox Music, I think, but you also get streaming from the PC on the One, so I'll take that 2-week trial trade-off.
3. Free $10 for PSN Store--Bing Rewards = Free money all the time.

None of that stuff is worth mentioning, in my opinion.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It's not like those unlimited minutes are free though, but it may not be worth changing your plan into a cheaper one just cos of this :p Well, maybe, if this extends to the Skype on WP8 too, not just calls made from Xbox One.

I have a really good plan for myself, but it doesnt have unlimited minutes so the more I use Skype, the more I will save.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
1. Free Month of PSN+--I imagine there will be something like this (though maybe only 1 week or something) with the One.
2. Free month of Music Unlimited--You get 14 days with Xbox Music, I think, but you also get streaming from the PC on the One, so I'll take that 2-week trial trade-off.
3. Free $10 for PSN Store--Bing Rewards = Free money all the time.

None of that stuff is worth mentioning, in my opinion.

Was thinking more from a casual gamer perspective...

1. PSN+ offers great discounts on other games, and sometimes gives you free games. So even it's technically "5 dollars" per month, you can get a lot of you take advantage of it.
2. Some people use their console as a media station, but I will imagine 15 year old Ted with his Ipod, Iphone, PC with speakers will not.
3. Does anyone seriously know what the hell Bing Rewards is outside this community?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Not sure what you're saying.
2. Sorry if Ted is too dumb to know how to open the Guide on an Xbox 360 to stream music (something that's probably even easier on One).
3. That's what being a blind sheep leads to, and that's the fault of those people.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not like those unlimited minutes are free though, but it may not be worth changing your plan into a cheaper one just cos of this :p Well, maybe, if this extends to the Skype on WP8 too, not just calls made from Xbox One.

I have a really good plan for myself, but it doesnt have unlimited minutes so the more I use Skype, the more I will save.

Unlimited minutes aren't even the issue for me. AT&T added free mobile-to-mobile long ago, and 99% of my calls go to mobile phones, so we never used our minutes when they WERE restricted. We were on a 700-minute/month plan, and we had thousands of rollover minutes because they aren't used unless you're a business man needing to make lots of calls while out of the office, really. That, or if you talk to your grandparents a lot, and they can't be bothered to use a cellphone, haha.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Unlimited minutes aren't even the issue for me. AT&T added free mobile-to-mobile long ago, and 99% of my calls go to mobile phones, so we never used our minutes when they WERE restricted. We were on a 700-minute/month plan, and we had thousands of rollover minutes because they aren't used unless you're a business man needing to make lots of calls while out of the office, really. That, or if you talk to your grandparents a lot, and they can't be bothered to use a cellphone, haha.

It's funny how different these things can be regionally. Around here it's still uncommon for any service provider to even offer fe. mobile internet that would be capped in traffic. Instead we can use it as much as we want and instead the speeds are Limited. Same goes for internets at home.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
1. Not sure what you're saying.
2. Sorry if Ted is too dumb to know how to open the Guide on an Xbox 360 to stream music (something that's probably even easier on One).
3. That's what being a blind sheep leads to, and that's the fault of those people.

Get defensive much?

1. PSN+ has been around for a while obviously, and the benefit to it was the amazing discounts you get on games, let alone the ability to also get free games so long as you hung onto your PSN+ membership. With PSN+ essentially becoming madantory for the PS4, you are going to be getting a lot for 60 bucks a month, and having the first free is a nice way to get people introduced to that ecosystem.

When MS announced how they will be offering discounts for their games if you have Gold at E3 I believe, it was a great thing to say, because it does justify having Gold membership even more. However, it's still not on the level of the discounts and such that Sony offers for PSN+.

2. Like I said, not everyone uses their TV as a music streaming station. Don't know how many people's houses or college rooms I've been into and seen their Xbox/PS3 off while people are streaming music from their laptop. Yes it's a matter of being educated, but at the same time, it's not like this "media hub" is this thing everyone uses currenetly

3. Or maybe, MS can do a better job of promoting such a thing? Any Bing commercial I've seen has only promoted how it's better than Google.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Good to know answering stuff means you're defensive. Always nice to start the reply with an insult/assumption, puts me in a great mood to read the rest of your reply.

1. People cried the chance at free games out of the Xbox One, from the Family Sharing perspective. The free games on PSN+ are rentals, don't forget that (though most will have the subscription, so it'll rarely matter), and it's been said that Games With Gold should make it to Xbox One at some point (and since the generation is just starting, having the issue of 6-year-old games being offered won't occur). And like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft gives something similar with the One, at least a one-week trial.

2. Under that logic, what's the free month of Music Unlimited even matter?

3. Yeah, they promote Bing as better. If you go to Bing, the Rewards stuff is in the upper-right (though you have to click the "Sign In" to see it, I think...I'm signed in, so IDK). They COULD do a better job of promoting it, but it's a widely-known fact that Microsoft's terrible at P.R. and marketing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2