Kinect 2.0 cable...how long and are extension cables out yet ?

NeoOiler

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Any luck with this. I am in the same boat as you. I have a home theater with 120" screen but all my components are in the back where we sit. I need a 20' cable as well or so

Thanks

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Any luck with this. I am in the same boat as you. I have a home theater with 120" screen but all my components are in the back where we sit. I need a 20' cable as well or so

Thanks

Nothing yet, I checked the normal channels today with nothing. A tweet from @xboxsupport said nothing announced yet. I also checked monoprice.com (a site known for good cable for a good price) and they dont have anything yet...

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Somebody cut the standard one open so we can see how many wires are inside it and we can splice and add to it on our own. :smile:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Somebody cut the standard one open so we can see how many wires are inside it and we can splice and add to it on our own. :smile:

They did...take a look over this thread...See some details in there..

Xbox One Kinect Extender

They could not get a longer cable working, in fact, they had a hard time just getting it working again. I don't know the skill level of the person who did it though.

After seeing the nightmare they had, I would attempt it BUT, I would need a spare cable for the Kinect, as I don't want to cut up my original one, and I can't exactly go to gamestop to get one...

The cable on the back of the Kinect 2.0 does just unplug...

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Interesting thread there, DavidinCT. Since Kinect 2.0 is a modified USB 3.0 cable I wonder what issues we would run into with length? I did some quick Googling and the recommended lenght for USB 3.0 is 3 meters. I have no expierence with USB 3.0.

UPDATE: Yeah, helps to read through that entire thread.... the distance thing is where people are running into trouble. I have a few months until my house is finished before I need a cable... Hopefully something comes out before then.

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Almost 6 month from the time I opened this thread, I am STILL looking for a option to even USE my Xbox One Kinect. The dam cable is about 20' too short. Microsoft has said nothing on this subject accept to "change your room around" to use the Kinect, and personally that is a insult.

Do a lot of people still have this issue, or has anyone here found a option to extend it ?

slick271974

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
We are almost at the 1 year mark and still seems like this is an issue. With the latest announcement that you can use your Xbox one Kinect on your PC with the addition of the power block could this finally be answer.

I still can't believe this has not been addressed by anyone to this point. I personally need approx. 15-20 extension. My Kinect has been sitting unused since day one.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, they're going to sell that Kinect-to-USB converter for $50. You could see about then using a USB extension cable on top of that, but I'd be concerned with latency over that many converters.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, they're going to sell that Kinect-to-USB converter for $50. You could see about then using a USB extension cable on top of that, but I'd be concerned with latency over that many converters.

Yea, been following this on avsfourm (this thread was dead and seemed like no one cared so I followed it elsewhere)

If you look on the last pages, There is someone who actually tested it, he has the Kinect for Windows, He tried to plug in the Xbox One's Kinect into the HUB then into Xbox one via USB 3.0 and was able to use it. So this would work to extend it..

Now to find a good source for a 20' USB 3.0 cable and figure out what the end cost will be and I will do it..

Newnex Support

May 29, 2015
Visit site
You guys who want to extend the Kinect for Windows v2 should definately try our USB 3.0 repeater cable: FireNEX-uLINK. It the world's longest cooper cable that goes up to 16m and garrenteed to work with Kinect!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss