Kinect 2.0 cable...how long and are extension cables out yet ?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I am another one who can't wait for the 22nd. Right now with my 360's Kinect, I have about 20' extention of cable to run it, as my game systems sit a distance from the tv. I think I read that the 2.0 Kinect is 9' long.I need to have a cable that is about 20-25' to run with out being tight.

Is anyone else running into this possable delma ? Has anyone found a site pre-selling Kinect 2.0 cables yet ? I contacted a few sites like monoprice and a few others but, they have not heard anything on it yet.

This becomes an issue when I get the Xbox one, as I wont be able to use the Kinect on it till I get a cable to exend it...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Kinect 2 has a propretiary connection.

View attachment 49283

Right, this is why I am asking to see if anyone has seen a ext cable for the xbox one kinect show up anywhere. In my case, I want to use the Kinect but, when I get my system on the 22nd, I cant use the kinect at all, so I am trying to see if I can get one BEFORE I get the Xbox one... I wanted to pre-wire it so I can just plug and play when it hits.

It would be nice if there was an adapter to use a powered usb cable, like the kinect 1.0 did, so I can use my current cable but, I'm sure it wont be.

For the record, I believe Major Nelson said it has a 9' cable on it. Still too short for my needs.

magicrobots

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Any luck with this? I am also in need of a 20' extension. I asked some of the guys at the Microsoft Store the other day, but they weren't sure and suggested a USB extension might work but I'm not convinced.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Any luck with this? I am also in need of a 20' extension. I asked some of the guys at the Microsoft Store the other day, but they weren't sure and suggested a USB extension might work but I'm not convinced.
Good thing you didn't believe him! Kinect uses a different standard that usb! I've honestly been looking specifically for this thread every day to no avail. I haven't contacted MS, but I recommend you do so, maybe they can help!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The first Kinect isn't USB. You could use a USB connection on the non-slim Xboxes that had the proprietary Kinect port, but you had to supplement it with an AC adapter to power the device. That's why if you go on GameStop and look for a used Kinect, you'll see a model with an AC adapter and one without it.

Lima_Echo_Echo

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat and needing probably a minimum of 20ft. My TV is mounted above the fireplace, so to reach the mantel where I want to place the Kinnect, I have to run it from my hi-fi cabinet next to the fireplace, up into the roof, then back down the conduit behind the fireplace. I refuse to have exposed cables as it would ruin the look. I'm also grappling with how well the new Kinnect will work if I happen to mount it off from the center of the room and the screen by placing it on top of the hi-fi cabinet.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Why do you need a 20+ foot cable for the Kinect???

Really ? I dont keep my consoles under my TV, I keep them off to the side, It's easier and it looks better. Still the fact of the matter is, I need to have a long cable for it, *IF* the cable is around 9' like I heard, then a 15-20' cable should fit for my needs but, still, No ext cable, No Kinect for me...

After seeing the reviews, yea, the Xbox one will work fine with out the Kinect, so it should be fine when I get it but, I will be hunting down that cable....ugh..

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'll need one at some point as well. Building a hosue right now and my TV will be above the fireplace so my equipment will be in the corner of the room.

I wonder if there is any degredation of signal the longer the cable is?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3