Microsoft PR misses once again

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
How is this a PR issue for MS and not Target? It would be if MS banned his live account. Target has to follow the same rules everyone else does. Why give Target a pass and blame Microsoft?

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's very premature to suggest that MS PR has missed again. How do you know that XBL is functioning properly right now? Secrets waiting for launch day? Things that unfairly may have blown up on MS in the final two weeks? Content still to be added that MS doesn't want anyone knowing about it? Do you think EA is happy about having their game install sizes revealed? Major Nelson has gotten involved and said he'd help to resolve the situation.

As for the fanboys/trolls on gaming forums, if it wasn't this it would be something else.

nokialove

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I do agree that Microsoft wiffed on this one. The guy had nothing but good to say and people were excited. Now people are going to assume this guy got screwed over, even though the box will probably get unbanned on Nov. 22nd.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Great thing about this is, that he was really happy with most things. Only slight disappointment apparently being the Game DVR!

Can't wait!.. and still I have to wait till next year -_-

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Major Nelson has already reached out to him and has already stated on twitter that his 'ban' will be lifted on the 22nd when the XBOX One officially launches....

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Major Nelson has already reached out to him and has already stated on twitter that his 'ban' will be lifted on the 22nd when the XBOX One officially launches....

Not to mention he's going to Xbox One's launch party. Microsoft is *not* giving the impression that they are mad at this guy. Obviously the vast majority of the publicity has been good as people are starting to realize that the Xbox 1 is, all around, a freakishly nifty gadget regardless of its real or imagined rendering capability. The unification of computer and game console is genuinely turning heads now, as people are starting to realize that the console has a lot more on its plate than just rendering pretty particles.

Regardless of what a marketing department can do, word of mouth is everything, especially in the internet age.

The people who are beta-ing the device right now are under an embargo because Microsoft hasn't worked out all the last-minute bugs. Even in later weeks, there may be undiscovered bugs that need addressing. They don't want the worst-case-scenario, where an early user discovers some horrible system-breaking bug and posts it all over the internet. I think they're treating this early-viewer pretty darn well. I imagine the guy's "you should buy it even though they banned me because it's just that amazing" attitude helped him a ton. ;)

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't the embargo lift tomorrow? I thought I read somewhere (or over heard it on a podcast) that the Microsoft NDA lasted until the 12th... not sure... if it does expire tomorrow, we're about to get a ton of info on stuff...

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Nothing to see but someone trying desperately to besmirch M$ reputation. Dude got an early xbone, which he cannot play until everyone else does. He would have gotten away with it if he would have layed low instead of bragging.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Nothing to see but someone trying desperately to besmirch M$ reputation. Dude got an early xbone, which he cannot play until everyone else does. He would have gotten away with it if he would have layed low instead of bragging.

how was he trying to 'besmirch' Microsoft's reputation (I really dislike the M$ moniker btw...). He was excited and talked about all the great things about the XBOX One, in fact he even said - throughout this whole thing once his console was 'banned' that people shouldn't fault MS for it and 'hate' them for it. He loves the XBOX One, he got a console 2 weeks early and shared that news with others.

He was better than the others who tried to sell their consoles for 1000 and 10000 dollars on ebay...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree it wasn't the actual guy who got the Xbox One trying to bring down MS with him, but many other people did after learning his console got temp. banned and ended up doing reports and titles like the one this thread has :p

xcheater3161

Banned
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
how was he trying to 'besmirch' Microsoft's reputation (I really dislike the M$ moniker btw...). He was excited and talked about all the great things about the XBOX One, in fact he even said - throughout this whole thing once his console was 'banned' that people shouldn't fault MS for it and 'hate' them for it. He loves the XBOX One, he got a console 2 weeks early and shared that news with others.

He was better than the others who tried to sell their consoles for 1000 and 10000 dollars on ebay...

I think that post might have referred to the OP, and not the guy in question. Maybe I'm wrong though.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
MS should just let everyone sell the console early ;)

I worked at Blockbuster video in the early 90's... I think it was Jurassic Park that the Albertson's across the street started selling the weekend before the release date... My manager went over and purchased a copy, so that she would have proof, and checked with corporate... Because one store was selling before the release date, we were allowed to do the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750