Amazon Pre-orders

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
The Xbox One is my first pre-order from Amazon. It has an expected delivery date of Dec 2-5. Is it normal for Amazon pre-orders to ship that late? If so, I may try and track down a straggler on launch day and cancel my pre-order.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
The Xbox One is my first pre-order from Amazon. It has an expected delivery date of Dec 2-5. Is it normal for Amazon pre-orders to ship that late? If so, I may try and track down a straggler on launch day and cancel my pre-order.

Yeah I have mine with 2 day shipping from Amazon and it says Estimated Delivery of Friday Nov 22nd.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Weird. I ordered mine like a month ago before it came unavailable to order, telling me it would come January, but moved to release date. I'm sorry that it has been moved to December. Maybe contact amazon about this?

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I had to update my payment method on my Xbox one Day One Edition with Amazon, now they (the customer escalation team) are telling me that I may not get it on release day but should do before Christmas(!) Their system is setup that if you make a chance to your order its like putting the order through again and you 'lose you place' in the pre order queue, my questions are;

1. Anyone else heard of this?
2. Do you guys know if all Day One editions are going to go out.... on day one (I would have throught that they would have all been made and shipped ready for release day, this not the case?)
3. Am I mental, I'm thinking about going out to try and pick up an XB1 on release day then when my Amazon one arrived return the one I bought in a brick and mortar store, as mad as it sounds I don't wanna put someone out (who might miss out on buying it on day one).

Thanks guys, sorry if I've gone on a bit of a rant!

I'm in the UK BTW.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I had to update my payment method on my Xbox one Day One Edition with Amazon, now they (the customer escalation team) are telling me that I may not get it on release day but should do before Christmas(!) Their system is setup that if you make a chance to your order its like putting the order through again and you 'lose you place' in the pre order queue, my questions are;

1. Anyone else heard of this?
2. Do you guys know if all Day One editions are going to go out.... on day one (I would have throught that they would have all been made and shipped ready for release day, this not the case?)
3. Am I mental, I'm thinking about going out to try and pick up an XB1 on release day then when my Amazon one arrived return the one I bought in a brick and mortar store, as mad as it sounds I don't wanna put someone out (who might miss out on buying it on day one).

Thanks guys, sorry if I've gone on a bit of a rant!

I'm in the UK BTW.

I don't know how true what they told you is. Especially since I just got an email from them telling me to check my payment method and update it if necessary.

It even specifically mentions that updating payment method won't delay delivery.
Updating payment information will not affect your estimated delivery date of November 22, 2013.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
So.... who else is obsessively checking their tracking number to see how close it is? Mine just left Richmond VA a few minutes ago!

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
For some odd reason, only my games have shipped. My Play and Charge kit and the almighty console itself remain MIA o_O

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I nabbed a Day one from Amazon this morning it's still in ore-order status with a date of November 27 thru December 3.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Update on my Xbox:

Hol-e-crap you guys, I just got an email saying that my card was declined and I flipped the hell out thinking that I wasn't getting my Day One edition on the 22nd. I got the email at 10:30 and by 10:32, I was talking to Amazon. Apparently since I pre-ordered it back in June (I think it might've been right after they got rid of the DRM) and my card had expired since then and I completely forgot about it. I called them asking why and they told me, then the guy updated it for me and said that I wasn't getting it until the 26th. I was extremely sad at this point. I asked him if one-day shipping it would make it come faster. I wasn't expecting it to, I was thinking it would come on the 25th and I would be stuck with Day One Edition games taunting me all weekend. So he updated it and..... YES I don't know how 4 days minus 1 day equals next-day shipping, but I didn't care, I was getting my Xbox the same day as I normally would have. It sucks that I had to one-day ship it for $8.00 extra, but it hurt less knowing that it was a small price to pay considering I was paying $650 for my Xbox, two games, and a play and charge kit.

Holy tits, that was the biggest First World problems post I've ever written :p

Ahmed Gharib

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised you are saying they are telling you it changes your place. I got this two days ago from Amazon.

Hello,
We're contacting you about pre-order #XXX-XXXXXXXXXX for Xbox One Console - Day One Edition.
Before your order ships, please make sure your payment and shipping information is correct:
1. Go to https://amazon.com/?t=wpcentral00-20&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2228631.
2. Find your order and check the expiration date on your payment method.
3. If your payment method expires before November 2013, click "Change Payment Method" on the right side of the order summary.
4. Either update the expiration date of the existing payment method and click "Retry payment method," or select a different payment method or enter a new credit card.
5. Verify the billing address and shipping address. If necessary, update either by clicking "Change" next to the address you wish to update, then select an existing address option, or click "Add US Address" or "Add International Address."
Updating payment information will not affect your estimated delivery date of November 22, 2013.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com
Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
My order STILL says simply 'pre-ordered' but now I can no longer change my shipping type so hopefully it's getting close to something... I can't stand it!

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine is sitting at the UPS office just waiting for me to pick it up after work today. Then I'm going to be playing until 3-4am EST. I've posted in the day one thread with my gamertag (same as my forum name) so hit me up on some games later tonight and we can play some multiplayer!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss