XBOX ONE - Day One Thread

kbilly70

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
BTW, has anyone renamed their XBox? I was listening to last weeks windows developer show podcast, and they mentioned you could do that. One of the guys said he was going to rename his One to "Jarvis"... My wife isn't too into Iron Man, so we've started coming up with other names, "Tardis", "SkyNet", "NSA", "Hal", etc...

Hal!

Although I envision this when I tell it to turn off.

http://youtu.be/ARJ8cAGm6JE

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
hey I noticed a tiny bug...its only happened twice so far. But i have had it where the watch tv app just doesn't work. To get it up and running I have to a full power down (I shut it down the pull the power cable) problem resolved. Has anyone else seen this?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
My experience can be summarized like this:
Finally the moment I had been waiting for. I opened the box like a kid at Christmas and hooked the console up as quickly as I could. Somehow I was able to forget all the stress I endured the last few months. I began the set up process.. Hooked up my cable box into the console and was ready to roll. I immediately noticed no One Guide options. A quick Google search informed me this option wasn't available at launch in Canada. I can't describe how much of a disappointment that was. But I would live to deal with it. I began installing all the important apps and then my game discs. Overall I fell in love with the new console but did encounter a lot of bugs along the way. Apps like Skype would freeze on me. NBA2K14 couldn't make it past the boot screen without a "soft reset". And on top of that I have yet to be able to connect to an online game with a friend without the server failing to connect. The Audio CD player app didn't work so great for me. Audio sounded static-like and hissy. Almost missed the ability to rip my cd's to the console and play them while I'm gaming. Voice controls like "Xbox, On" worked some of the time. But when it did on the first try I felt very proud! My pinned apps kept disappearing and re-appearing. I had a hell of a time trying to connect to Fifa '14 for an online friendly. It seemed we both had a ton of router changes to make first. I did experience some online lag from time to time too. And then I experienced some lag within the dashboard too. I found out that holding the power button on the console for 5 sec to reboot would usually get rid of whatever bugs I couldn't escape. I miss my online friend pop-ups and a handful of other things my 360 spoiled me with. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate the new features I just feel like the One is just the beta for what it's meant to be. Or maybe even the Alpha. So many bugs, missing or incomplete features.. I feel like they should have waited until next year and get this thing right.
Then my Xbox died after 7 days of use. No power to the console at all. A lemon it seemed. Xbox is sending me a replacement as we speak. They advised there majority of issues lie with the Day One editions. Many were damaged during shipping. Replacements should be fine.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes