XBOX One Smartglass app

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The Smartglass App for XBOX One is available now on all Windows Phones!

I just downloaded it and messed around a bit with it. Fast and responsive within the app. You can do a bit without having being connected to the XBOX One (which is cool). Best feature? In the Settings menu there is an option to force your phone to 'stay awake!' No more phone going to sleep and signing you out of smartglass anymore!! Woohoo!!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The Smartglass App for XBOX One is available now on all Windows Phones!

I just downloaded it and messed around a bit with it. Fast and responsive within the app. You can do a bit without having being connected to the XBOX One (which is cool). Best feature? In the Settings menu there is an option to force your phone to 'stay awake!' No more phone going to sleep and signing you out of smartglass anymore!! Woohoo!!

Link to the Windows Phone store: Xbox One SmartGlass | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Sweet Baby Jesus, that is some great news right there.

I hope the Xbox One version will still allow you to connect with a 360 too...I hate having to have multiple apps like that, and I don't think I am the only one keeping a 360 in the house. EDIT: Based on the description, that is probably a "no"

Last edited:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I can't figure out how to do that, is that in the store or somewhere in the OS more generally?

Not like I really do anything with that one except drool at it lol.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
On your Wp device, go to settings\language+location and change your location to en-us. Restart the phone. Go to windows store, install XOne smart glass, then go back to settings and change it back to your real location, restart your phone. Voila.
Hope this helps

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Its nice! Can't wait to see what it looks like when connected to my Xbox One! The only thing id like to see when not connected that it doesn't do already is display my online friends!

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It actually does do this! I just opened up the app. Hit the 3 bar thing on the upper left then click friends. Everyone who is online has a green dot next to their name in the list. The list sadly doesn't sort by who is online. But it works. I like the Activity feed too.

Edit: Also you can sort your friends list by followers and favorites. If you look at your friend's profile you can add them to your favorites. I was kind of hoping I could make purchases of some games through the app. Which would be cool. But I looked at the games and I couldn't, only said play on xbox one. Maybe that won't be possible until launch or later.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
It actually does do this! I just opened up the app. Hit the 3 bar thing on the upper left then click friends. Everyone who is online has a green dot next to their name in the list. The list sadly doesn't sort by who is online. But it works. I like the Activity feed too.

ahh I did not notice! Thanks! I would still like for them to allow us to sort by that though.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Pro tip for everyone: on the Windows app, if you search for a game, go to clips, then show community clips, you can see people who got their Xbox early playing.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Pro tip for everyone: on the Windows app, if you search for a game, go to clips, then show community clips, you can see people who got their Xbox early playing.

Is it bad to download the app even when I'm mooonths away from getting the Xbox One? :D Does it show too much desperation? :D

Coreldan, like Jas00555 mentioned, the smartglass app lets you watch game uploads that gamers with early access have already been loading up. So you will have something to do while you wait for your XBone.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Wonder if I should bother switching region settings just to get it then.. That said, the only Xbox friend I have that will have the Xbox One before me is from these forums so I don't know if I wanna bother one one person's potential game DVR clips :p

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Wonder if I should bother switching region settings just to get it then.. That said, the only Xbox friend I have that will have the Xbox One before me is from these forums so I don't know if I wanna bother one one person's potential game DVR clips :p

sorry, I should've clarified. Its not just restricted to your Xbox friends, its anyone. Whether they live in USA or Uzbekistan, friend or not, if they upload it, you can watch it.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Another pro tip that everyone should know about: from the app, you can pin the tiles you're gonna use most often (in my case, ryse, forza, amazon instant) so when the glorious day of November 22nd comes, you'll have your pins ready to go :D

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Loving the app on my girlfriend's Surface.
Unfortunately it's not available for WP7.8

Anyone with a Lumia 1520 tried the Smartglass app yet please?
Wondering if it works ok on the new screen resolution.

PontusBeck

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem. when I download this app it's in german, even though i changed country too both united kingdom and united states, it's still german everytime i download it. can somebody help, im getting my one on monday haha :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb