Do any games have local multiplayer or co-op?

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to get a little worried and think that no games will have local multiplayer. I've spent hours googling everything I can but can't really find anything about it. I already have Need for Speed since it came out Tuesday, but on the back under Xbox One it says 1 player and under Xbox Live it says 6. I was also really looking forward to playing Dead Rising co-op with friends but I read somewhere that it's only going to be online co-op. Anyone have a list of what games will have any kind of local multiplayer?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, Killer Instinct and most likely games like Fifa, but the situation for local co-op has been really bad the recent years. It's just not the same to play online co-op :/

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
To my knowledge that's online co-op, or at the very least not splitscreen co-op.

Found this from Dead Rising 3 wiki

That's unfortunately true and it's so dumb. Only online co-op for Dead Rising.

Anyone know if Forza has multiplayer split screen? I'm thinking of returning NFS if so.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It's truely weird that the bigger our TVs get, the less split screen co-ops we get. What's up with that?

Some of the best times in console gaming for me have been playing local co-op games with friends on MUCH smaller screens than what most have nowadays.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
To my knowledge that's online co-op, or at the very least not splitscreen co-op.

Found this from Dead Rising 3 wiki

Dang, it is sad that they think we live in a world that people don't have offline friends. Single screen coop would be a breeze in DR3.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that a single console can barely handle 720p and 30 FPS for one player, so it couldn't handle the goings-on between two players in a horde of zombies. Dead Rising 3 sounds like the epitome of a rushed game that fails mostly because of its timeline.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing all of the sports titles have local multiplayer (NBA 2K14, NBA LIve 14, FIFA 14) plus isn't there some dancing Kinect game? That can do up to 6 players in the same room.

My guess is that a single console can barely handle 720p and 30 FPS for one player, so it couldn't handle the goings-on between two players in a horde of zombies. Dead Rising 3 sounds like the epitome of a rushed game that fails mostly because of its timeline.

I don't know how co-op works in DR3, but if the local multiplayer co-op though had you both on the same screen (i.e. not split screen), wouldn't be trivial to add in another playable character? Anyway, yes, it does seem like the developers ran out of time to meet the launch deadline. All the reviews say the game is really fun, but suffers some technical problems (dropped framerates, etc.). Maybe they can fix those problems with a few patches down the road. Regardless, this still seems like the best exclusive game to pick up at launch. Ryse is good eye candy but boring gameplay. Forza looks awesome but racing games are not for me. I was hoping Crimson Dragon would rock, but alas, it does not. Either that or I guess the non-exclusives are pretty good, like Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty, but, obviously, none of them have local multiplayer.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
my guess is that a single console can barely handle 720p and 30 fps for one player, so it couldn't handle the goings-on between two players in a horde of zombies. dead rising 3 sounds like the epitome of a rushed game that fails mostly because of its timeline.

lmao!!!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how co-op works in DR3, but if the local multiplayer co-op though had you both on the same screen (i.e. not split screen), wouldn't be trivial to add in another playable character?

From what I read, the slowdowns occurred when you were on a fast-moving vehicle and/or interacting with a lot of zombies. While adding the character itself might be trivial, the issue becomes the player's interactions. I don't know that the console can handle intense gameplay from two far-off people.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
CoD: Ghosts seems to have splitscreen multiplayer like I've seen previous CoDs have on 360. Like, splitscreen while online multiplayer. Also has the Extinction I think for local co-op?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss