The Official "I got an Xbox One" thread

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Are there no free trials / demos to these games, or am I missing something? I wanted to try out the games first before dropping $60 on them. I thought Xbox games offered free trials like on Windows Phone and Windows 8.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Are there no free trials / demos to these games, or am I missing something? I wanted to try out the games first before dropping $60 on them. I thought Xbox games offered free trials like on Windows Phone and Windows 8.

that probably depends on the developer, not the Xbox itself

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Also, just a pro-top for everyone: to do almost anything on the Xbox besides play games, you have go download an app for it. Whether its upload studio, Xbox music, or even the ability to play CD's, you need an app.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
To be honest after taking out of the box , my initial impressions are: its a dust magnet! Lol I had hoovered earlier in the day and no sooner had I unboxed it there was dust all over the glossy side of the top.

Build quality appears to be very high. Going through the update now.

I've checked the disk drive before updating and it appears to be fine.

Will update later once, updated.

elangab

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello wpcentralian friends, Maybe one of you could help ?

I'm trying to find a picture of the Power Brick for the Xbox One, the side with all of the voltage specs.
All I can find is the upper side or old prototype pictures... Could one of you good souls post a picture of the specs sticker ?

I imported the US version, and I want to get a transformer before the Xbox arrives, and that could help with knowing which one to get.

Thanks a lot! :) :)

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello wpcentralian friends, Maybe one of you could help ?

I'm trying to find a picture of the Power Brick for the Xbox One, the side with all of the voltage specs.
All I can find is the upper side or old prototype pictures... Could one of you good souls post a picture of the specs sticker ?

I imported the US version, and I want to get a transformer before the Xbox arrives, and that could help with knowing which one to get.

Thanks a lot! :) :)

So you are the one who poster in XBox forum too ? Asking about converters.

If you are an indian just get 230
V to 110V coverter and start using your XBox. It will work as I own lot of US products.

Btw I have ordered XBox one with amazon.de

Sent from my RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Finaaally, I've got ONE!

Happy to say Kinect recognize 9/10 of my voice commands. Been worrying about it, but works perfectly. Didnt try the camera with Skype. I tried XboxFitness, it works well, there is still some latency, but it's lower than Kinect1.0.
I didn't figure out the setup so Kinect can see my heart beat. Need to test it later.

Performance wise, One's overall response is quicker at everything it does, much quicker than X360. Construction is rock solid and well detailed. Even Hdmi, psu and psu connectors are half glossy, same as Xbox. Nice1

Controllers are even better than those for X360. Movements are more accurate, buttons more responsive. LB and RB is quite stiff, but it's just matter of few days to adapt to it.

As for graphics, I expected bit more, but the games I own (Forza5,AC4, KI) may not be the best to show true potential of the next gen consoles. Or maybe my expectations are just too high :)

I played few rounds of Forza, 2hrs of AC4 and finally about 1hr of KI.
Had great time with all of them.

Considering we are just at Day2, I can't wait for next spring when all the stunning titles are coming out.
XboxOne ftw!

Last edited:

elangab

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So you are the one who poster in XBox forum too ? Asking about converters.

If you are an indian just get 230
V to 110V coverter and start using your XBox. It will work as I own lot of US products.

Btw I have ordered XBox one with amazon.de

Sent from my RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk

Actually, that wasn't me... and I'm not from India ��

That's what I thought, but they asked me for more information (watts etc.) so they can get a strong enough transformer....

Thanks ��

jamrock60

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
It is with sadness I must inform my friends that I have to return my Xbox. My Kinect stop working. After contacting tech support they suggests that I return this one and in 2 days they will send a new one. I guess I Will be playing my 360 for awhile longer

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

If you bing demos, you'll find a demo for FIFA and NBA I think. Those are the only ones I saw demos of.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It is with sadness I must inform my friends that I have to return my Xbox. My Kinect stop working. After contacting tech support they suggests that I return this one and in 2 days they will send a new one. I guess I Will be playing my 360 for awhile longer

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

mine is heading to Germany on Tuesday..... Gutted. It is broken.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Me too.... Not he end of he world, bu annoying as hell. Really took the edge off Friday night. Personally, I feel it should be replaced.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Interesting that the Games Hub on mp phone and gamer "cards" like the one in my signature don't show XB1 info/games... I hope they update the Game Hub to show this info... Yeah, you can see it on the Smart Glass App, but it would be nice on the games hub as well.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I love my Xbox One. Next year has such a good lineup, even non-exclusives. Titanfall, Watchdogs, next COD game, The Division, and Halo! We will probably get more cool games announced at e3. So excited!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo