The Official "I got an Xbox One" thread

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I figured since we did this for the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2, we might as well do it for the greatness that is the Xbox One. As I'm writing this, the Xbox has already launched in New Zealand and Australia, so I figured someone here must have it. If someone here does have it, what are your thoughts on it? I'm so excited to get mine :D

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget this thread for Launch day pics and first impressions

http://forums.windowscentral.com/xbox-one/250557-xbox-one-day-one-thread.html

I didn't stick "The Official" in front of it though. :winktongue:

Although I will be posting up pics most of the night.

I thought about that, but I figured that people are keeping their consoles for longer the a day, plus some European countries aren't getting them until next year, so this thread would stay relevant ;p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought about that, but I figured that people are keeping their consoles for longer the a day, plus some European countries aren't getting them until next year, so this thread would stay relevant ;p

Exactly - my thread is just for the launch so we can get an idea of the collective mentalness and launch day stuff.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
...plus some European countries aren't getting them until next year...

Ban this guy, he's rubbing it in!

:D

Maybe as a late christmas present I get a release date from Microsoft... I read some mostly baseless rumors about April 1st for northern Europe, but there's no official source for that so it might just be a random guess. And well, wouldn't want to be fooled! I would think that launching alongside Titanfall could be a pretty smart move, supposing they can manage launching it "that fast" over here.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Really? No one has it?! Oh well, I guess I underestimated our NZ and AU members. I guess we'll have to wait a couple of hours until Europe gets it :p

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll be going in about 6.5 hours or so to wait in line. Though, at another best buy, I did see 6 people already lined up in the 'we didn't preorder it' line. No one was lined up in the 'I preordered it line' yet.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'll be going in about 6.5 hours or so to wait in line. Though, at another best buy, I did see 6 people already lined up in the 'we didn't preorder it' line. No one was lined up in the 'I preordered it line' yet.

Oh, sounds like a long night for you.... I'll just wait till my awsome UPS guy delivers it to my house tomorrow (it's been shipped and due by end of the day tomorrow). I have to work tomorrow anyway so waiting till Midnight to pick up a console or game was something I did when I was a kid.

Picking up my copy of Forza 5 before I go home tomorrow so I will be playing all night....

I figured someone here has it by now ! Post if you do !

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to go wait in line around 10pm Central time at my local BestBuy I preorder from. I really want to get it as soon as I can! But we are supposed to have some Rain/Snow wintery mix late tonight.... it will be around 20 degrees F outside... which is going to suck. I might just wait closer to midnight to go pick it up so I don't freeze

Last edited:

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My local best buy had people lining up inside to get the ps4 starting at like 10:30. So yours might do the same. Maybe call and put the idea in their heads :p

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting mine in approximately 9.5 hours. Will try to post some pics and video depending how long the pre-order line is at Futureshop.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It comes out tomorrow, but I know some of have gotten yours already. If you have, post here! How do you like it? What games did you get? Post pictures, maybe video if you can! I'm getting my Xbox One tomorrow, and I will post here and make an unboxing video.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok so all paid for. Got about 5 people in front of me. Queue is at about 20. Nothing special so wont waste the space on a picture 35 mins to go.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb