Sony fanboys are out in force on XB1 Amazon reviews lol

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I love this one :D

Caution Risk of fire!, November 22, 2013
By
Schwanz - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)
After 1 hour of running the Xbox One has switched off. The unit is burned through. The whole apartment stank of burnt plastic. I'll send the scrap back and buy me a Playstation 4

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I have always thought that it is stupid that Amazon allows reviews by people who are not verified purchasers of the item.

Ridiculous.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Classy Sony fans

"MS tried to stop people trading games or sharing them with friends or family, they also made kinect a requirement that most people didn't ask for. So we are paying for a camera we don't want, that also spies on us as we play. They also wanted the machine to be always online, meaning a lot of people wouldn't even be able to play it if they couldn't log in after 24 hours. They only backed down when gamers united and protested.

MS are evil, and will drag gaming down into the gutter if they are allowed to, do not buy this machine unless you want your freedoms taken away. Kinect can also see you naked through clothing, and uploads this data to MS who share it with the government for reasons yet unknown. And it also looks like a VHS player from 1982."

Last edited:

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Its not like any Xbox fanboys didn't do the same when the ps4 got launched. Just a bunch of sad trolls really. (both ps and xbox fanboys)

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Its not like any Xbox fanboys didn't do the same when the ps4 got launched. Just a bunch of sad trolls really. (both ps and xbox fanboys)

That's also dumb. And it's why Amazon should not allow reviews of non-verified purchasers.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Its still a little to early to tell. I guarantee alot of people dont even have their preorders yet. Sony had less then 1% of consoles bad out of a million, thats not bad.

And CNET just posted this http://m.cnet.com/news/xbox-one-buyers-beset-by-buggy-disc-drives/57613438

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

that article quotes 5 people having a problem after the launch. That's half of the numbers of pre-release PS4. The ok news though is that, at least with the Xbox, if the disk tray is broken, you can still play games.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
that article quotes 5 people having a problem after the launch. That's half of the numbers of pre-release PS4. The ok news though is that, at least with the Xbox, if the disk tray is broken, you can still play games.

Well, I don't think anyone is gonna keep a device with broken disc tray. But I guess the good part is that you can still enjoy it for the first days of launch and wait for the dust to settle before you take it for warranty so that you necessarily won't have to wait weeks for a replacement.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I guess their worried it'll do better than the PS4. :p

But seriously, it is kind of sad that people do that. I'm a Xbox ******, but my landlord has a PS4 and it looks pretty nice. I'm just not a fan of Sony as a company.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

The difference, though, is a huge amount of 1 star PS4 reviews were from 'verified' which means they actually bought the product.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

It sounded like a LOT of the PS4 complaints were from verified purchasers, while the Xbox One reviews are not (I looked at a page of the reviews and 0 were verified purchases). It's a lot like Battlefield and Call of Duty, in my opinion. If you look at Metacritic's "scores," you see that once Battlefield 3 launched in 2011, Call of Duty scores dropped from something like the 7s to the 3s and 2s. The trolling is obvious and pathetic, but dumb people will take these reviews as legitimate.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, sites are reporting that Xbox One preorders are only abou 10% behind the PS4 preorders, so it's looking pretty good regardless. MS seems to have redeemed itself a lot since the original reveal.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I looked through a ton of them and yea, looks like problems with the DVD/Blu-ray drive in the system. Grinding and damaging discs effected a handfull of users. I hope this is not a widespread issue.

I'm sure a bunch of them are PS4 fanboys out to bash the xbox one but, there could be a bunch that are fully valid.

Mine comes later today but, I really hope I dont see those types of issues...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
There's several videos of the disc tray problem so it's legit, but I guess the few making fake reviews might just claim to have that too cos they know it exists. But I'm sure it's a legit concern. Probably not as big of a problem as Sony had, but still there.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, I don't think anyone is gonna keep a device with broken disc tray. But I guess the good part is that you can still enjoy it for the first days of launch and wait for the dust to settle before you take it for warranty so that you necessarily won't have to wait weeks for a replacement.

yeah, that's what I meant. Obviously I'm not gonna keep a console if its broken, but I can still use it. If they're sold out for a while, I can still download games, which is a lot better than a DOA console.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro