Sony fanboys are out in force on XB1 Amazon reviews lol

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I looked through a ton of them and yea, looks like problems with the DVD/Blu-ray drive in the system. Grinding and damaging discs effected a handfull of users. I hope this is not a widespread issue.

Note to self, test on a disk I don't care about... like Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Oh wait, was that a Sony title? ;)

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Note to self, test on a disk I don't care about... like Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Oh wait, was that a Sony title? ;)

If I test with a DVD, is that enough? Or do I also have to test with a Blu-Ray and a CD too. I mean, if the DVD player works, I can assume the BluRay and CD player work too, right? I ask because I have to go rent some movie or something to test it out because I don't have a single piece of physical media in my home. All digital, but I still want to make sure my Xbox One works fine.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Theoretically, it is possible that BluRay could work and DVD or CD wouldn't as different lasers might be in use to read different media. However, the most likely parts to fail by far are the moving parts that spin the disks and move the actuators. Those parts are either working for all media or none.

BluRay uses it's own laser (405nm blue)
DVD and CD share a laser (650nm red)

To fully test it I think you would need to test a BluRay disk along with either a DVD or CD disk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12