12-14-2016 12:40 PM
244 ... 56789 ...
tools
    the DNS on my Xbox one right? ok i will try it thanks
    04-11-2014 12:05 PM
    Yes on your xbox, that should give you a better connection to google.
    04-11-2014 12:59 PM
    Also, if your XBone is hooked into a router, you can go into the DHCP settings of your router and enter the DNS addys there. That way any device in your home will get those pushed to it.
    04-11-2014 02:06 PM
    OpenDNS is another great DNS to use - and it includes filtering for families and 'autocorrect' for slightly (but frequently) misspelled web addresses. For example - you type in esnp.com and it'll autocorrect to the correct sight automatically.
    04-12-2014 10:31 AM
    It seems that some recent update (probably preview) has brought in a new command, "Xbox launch". Any idea what is this supposed to do? Kinect every now and then thinks I'm trying to say this when I'm trying to say Xbox pause when watching a DVD/BD. It doesnt do anything even if it accepts the launch-command, but it's just a tad annoying if theres some other noises in the room it often thinks I'm saying launch instead of pause :P
    04-13-2014 04:47 AM
    It seems that some recent update (probably preview) has brought in a new command, "Xbox launch". Any idea what is this supposed to do? Kinect every now and then thinks I'm trying to say this when I'm trying to say Xbox pause when watching a DVD/BD. It doesnt do anything even if it accepts the launch-command, but it's just a tad annoying if theres some other noises in the room it often thinks I'm saying launch instead of pause :P
    I know some notifications, like when a game or app finishes installing or a game invite, give you the option to "launch." Maybe "Xbox launch" allows you to respond to such a notification.
    04-15-2014 11:32 AM
    ISP can still be bad, try google or another free DNS service anyway as a test.
    Try setting your dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    Yes on your xbox, that should give you a better connection to google.
    Also, if your XBone is hooked into a router, you can go into the DHCP settings of your router and enter the DNS addys there. That way any device in your home will get those pushed to it.
    it didn't work
    04-20-2014 02:18 PM
    it didn't work
    Have u tried setting the Xbox to the DMZ on your router?
    04-20-2014 11:24 PM
    Have u tried setting the Xbox to the DMZ on your router?
    done it, the same result

i connected my Xbox one to my mobile internet plan and the YouTube App work great

this is so lame, YouTube Works good on every device i own with a youtupe App, Windows 8, Xbox 360, Windows pone, Android, PS3 but is a mess in my Xbox one, using the same internet conecction
    04-21-2014 02:55 PM
    That would have me disgruntled too, I wish i could offer more options... I'm assuming you have removed/reinstalled the app. I'm just grabbing at straws at this point :P
    04-21-2014 04:14 PM
    Have you pulled up youtube on the XBone IE and tried to watch it that way just to see if it plays better?
    04-21-2014 04:33 PM
    Have you pulled up youtube on the XBone IE and tried to watch it that way just to see if it plays better?
    yes it works great, the only problem is the App and i uninstalled and installed several times i even made a factory reset and nothing works
    04-21-2014 06:49 PM
    error 303 fix. remove any discs that may be in the xbox then reboot by unpluging for 30 seconds. make sure the kinnect is unplugged until the xbox is powered back on.
    06-13-2014 01:37 AM
    Scanned through to see if this was mentioned and didn't see it, but forgive me if I missed it.

Has anyone had MAJOR inconsistencies with the Play To feature? I get it working, and then it won't work the next time I try it. I tried adding the device, removing the device, now the Xbox one doesn't even show up when I try to add it again (and no it is not still added).

I watch a movie one night, and the next night the Play To feature isn't even available. Reboot both devices, check settings, stop and start services I saw as a recommendation on another forum and nothing seems to work to make it a consistent option to watch movies.

Ideally, I would rather just stick my thumb drive into the XBone and play from it, but I don't think they have made that available as of yet. (correct me if I am wrong because that would simplify this issue immensely).

XB is DMZ. I can see it on the network. I see it on the router. So I dunno what else to do at this point to stream movies consistently. Any help would be appreciated.
    06-17-2014 05:15 PM
    I know you may have verified this, but just in case, make sure your XB and computer you are using are on the same network. I have 3 SSIDs in my house and if I am logged into the wrong one on the XB then I will have that problem. Just a thought.
    06-17-2014 05:23 PM
    I know you may have verified this, but just in case, make sure your XB and computer you are using are on the same network. I have 3 SSIDs in my house and if I am logged into the wrong one on the XB then I will have that problem. Just a thought.
    Yep same network. Even have the One set to a static IP.
    06-17-2014 05:28 PM
    Make sure your xbox video and/or xbox music apps are updated. I had an issue when i was trying to use play to and it wouldn't work because i had to update the app on my xbox. Just a thought.
    06-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Make sure your xbox video and/or xbox music apps are updated. I had an issue when i was trying to use play to and it wouldn't work because i had to update the app on my xbox. Just a thought.
    I am pretty sure they are up to date since they don't say they need an update when I open them up, but I will double check that as well. Thanks
    06-17-2014 05:52 PM
    So just a quick update. My Xbox music and video are updated. I double checked the static IP. I got the xbox one to finally show up again in devices and reinstalled it. Had the same error everyone else mentions with the playback feature.

I right click a video, go to playto, select the xbox. Two thing happen. Either it fails to initialize or it just sits there at loading. I don't know what to do at this point. It did this before when I had it working, and it just seemed to work randomly. I would much rather just stick my thumbdrive in there, less hassle than all of this.
    06-30-2014 01:18 PM
    are you using windows 7 or 8?
    06-30-2014 01:31 PM
    are you using windows 7 or 8?
    Windows 7
    06-30-2014 03:31 PM
    If you are on windows 7 you defiantly want to use windows media player. Add the music/videos you want to use to the playlist then at the top of the list you should see the "play to" dropdown. Select your device (the xbone) it will then create a playlist that is playing to your xbone. If the playto drop down is greyed out that computer can not see your device on the network.

Using the Play To feature to stream media
    06-30-2014 03:40 PM
    For it to stream from Windows 7 you need the latest version of Media Center. Could that be your issue that - either not having Media Center 7 or not having the most up-to-date version of it?
    06-30-2014 03:41 PM
    If you are on windows 7 you defiantly want to use windows media player. Add the music/videos you want to use to the playlist then at the top of the list you should see the "play to" dropdown. Select your device (the xbone) it will then create a playlist that is playing to your xbone. If the playto drop down is greyed out that computer can not see your device on the network.

Using the Play To feature to stream media
    I do this. It pops up with the WMP and says loading. It either fails to initialize playlist or just sits there at loading when it doesn't work. When it does work, I do see the movie load into the player and then it starts connecting to the xbox and then the movie starts to play.

For it to stream from Windows 7 you need the latest version of Media Center. Could that be your issue that - either not having Media Center 7 or not having the most up-to-date version of it?
    Just checked. WMP and WMC are up to date. Like I said, it randomly will work and as far as I know nothing has changed.
    06-30-2014 03:53 PM
    Have u tried unplugging your Xbox one?
    06-30-2014 08:27 PM
244 ... 56789 ...