Official Xbox One Problems and Solutions Thread

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Just like with our GDR Windows Phone updates as part of our effort to keep the forums clean, we also realize that not everything arrives perfect. This is why this thread exists, please list and discuss all issues and possible solutions regarding the Xbox One in this thread.

[WARN] There will be NO flame baiting, arguing or any other posts that are off topic allowed in this thread. This thread is only to document issues with the Xbox one as well as discuss solutions. Any member caught violating this will receive infractions against their account [/warn]

That being said......discuss away.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Just a few tips - You cannot snap Skype to something, but you CAN snap something to a Skype chat. Regardless Skype runs 'underneath' and no matter where you go - as long as you're still connected to the voice/video chat you'll be able to talk with whomever you're talking with.

Also - for those who get the Day 1 Edition, your achievement for being a 'first' is included in the paperwork that comes in the box. You either type the code or just use the Kinect to scan the QR code to get your achievement...

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You can't snap a Skype video call (but can snap say tv to a Skype video call), but just a Skype call (only audio) can play under anything.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I have encountered 2 problems so far:

1. I went to Xbox Music and tried to play some Eminem and got this message: "Can't play. You're not old enough to play explicit content. More Info 0xc00d1355 (0xc1010098)". I am the head of the household. I set up the console. If I click the "more info" link it takes me to a page about parental controls on Xbox Live settings for Xbox 360 on Xbox.com, but it's not helpful.

2. If I got to create my Gamerpic from my avatar, it goes to a grey screen that says, "Something went terribly wrong. Please come back later." I tried 7 times over a 4-hour period.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
1. That's for the best. Ain't nobody got time for some Eminem.
2. Does it import old gamerpics from the 360?

yes and no. Yes, it brings your gamerpic from the 360 into the XBOX One. However, the size of gamerpics increased big time and the 'old' gamerpics take up a tiny portion of the new canvas for the gamerpic.

Coip - I'd just wait a few hours and try again. My friend and I were having trouble with connecting to party chat earlier this morning and it just worked perfectly starting 2 hours ago...

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Initially I booted up the system and was greeted with (after a LONG boot process) the initial setup screens. It prompted for the Day One Patch... OK, install.

Reboot... sat on green Xbox screen for over a half hour (in fact, I went and did dishes while I waited thinking it was still installing the update). Hard shutdown. Reboot. Error! E305 00000001 800701E7. WTF?! Hard shutdown. Reboot. Blank screen. WTF?! Rinse and repeat... finally, success!

Boot to home screen. Start messing around a bit. Apps are crashing. Constantly. Worst offenders trigger system to power off. WTF?!

Hard shutdown and reboot... repeatedly getting E303 00000000 8007041D on most boots, or stuck on green Xbox screen. WTF?!

Wait times for support are over two hours, so going to bed for the night... will try again tomorrow and see if I can't find answers. Praying it's not a hardware issue... that it's just a software/network issue that time will solve.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
yes and no. Yes, it brings your gamerpic from the 360 into the XBOX One. However, the size of gamerpics increased big time and the 'old' gamerpics take up a tiny portion of the new canvas for the gamerpic.

Coip - I'd just wait a few hours and try again. My friend and I were having trouble with connecting to party chat earlier this morning and it just worked perfectly starting 2 hours ago...

same here. I was trying to update it, but the it just loaded forever, then it started working fine.

Also, can someone tell me how to play a song from a snapped Xbox music? I can't figure out how to play a song by telling the Kinect to. I have to go in, manually do it, then go back to my game and snap music.

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The first time I booted the system, or when I do a Reset To Factory Defaults, the green startup screen stays there for a long time. I thought there is something wrong with my unit, but from other replies this seems like a common procedure. Can others please confirm how long the initial green screen lasts? In my case it was around 2-3 minutes.

Then I got the screen with the picture of a controller telling me to press the A button, then the initial setup process starts. I had to reset to Factory Defaults after the Day One patch was applied, just to get a better sense of the initial setup process.

The first time I switched the console on, though, clicking the first A button didn't seem to do anything. I had to shutdown the console and try again, which wasn't a pleasant start at all, but the second time, and when I reset to factory defaults, things worked better.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

That REALLY sucks. I've had the same Cubs logo as my GamerPic for, like, 5 years or something. It's an old pack from one of the MLB 2K games, probably 2K7 or 2K8. IDK what I'd do if I can't have a Cubs logo.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
1. No 1080i support (my primary large tv has only 1080i support, no 720p, so this results in sound with no picture via HDMI, even the P4 has 1080i support)

2. Install from a disc of forza 5 took over an hour before it was playable. Didn't finish installing till amost 2 hours. A digital download of Ghosts took over 3 1/2 hours before it was playable, this is with a gigiabit network with a Really fast connection.

3. Chat, If you are in a party and you invite someone who is on a 360 (we know this does not work), you get no errors and get a message that "your invite was sent" but, at no point does the person on the 360 get ANY message. There should be saying that you cant chat with this person. This could be a nightmare for some people.

4. I cant confirm this but, I will try tonight, if you use a digital connection (digital out), you will only get 2.0 digital, no 5.1 (reported on a lot of sites).

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
After I installed the Day1 patch, it stayed at least 5mins on green screen. I thought it's wrecked, so I started searching internet from my phone, but then it just booted on and everything is working fine.

Stay tuned and do not reset or turn it off during that updating/booting procedure or you are risking some serious troubles. :)

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Even after installing the Emergency Offline Updater version of the Day One patch, I still cannot get my Xbox One to boot up. I only get an error code of E203, so I'm definitely frustrated. Xbox Support must be swamped, because people are waiting HOURS on hold to speak with a rep. This morning I waited about two to speak with a rep who stupidly suggested basics like checking the power supply and such. He promised a call back this afternoon that never came. I requested another call back going on three hours ago now and nothing yet.

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I had a serious problem while creating my gamerpic from my avatar. The screen suddenly went blank and I had a very hard time getting it back.

Xbox One was still running, and I could turn it off with my voice and hear the sound response of the yes/no menu, but nothing was showing on the screen.

I checked the hdmi cable, tv settings, unplugged cable and plugged it again, turned the console off and on few times, nothing seemed to work. I did some search online and had to turn it off then hold the power and disk buttons for 5+ seconds until the screen came back.

I don't know what to do now. Is this something serious that should alert me? I had a little problem starting up the console for the first time as well.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I had a serious problem while creating my gamerpic from my avatar. The screen suddenly went blank and I had a very hard time getting it back.

Xbox One was still running, and I could turn it off with my voice and hear the sound response of the yes/no menu, but nothing was showing on the screen.

I checked the hdmi cable, tv settings, unplugged cable and plugged it again, turned the console off and on few times, nothing seemed to work. I did some search online and had to turn it off then hold the power and disk buttons for 5+ seconds until the screen came back.

I don't know what to do now. Is this something serious that should alert me? I had a little problem starting up the console for the first time as well.

I'd say keep monitoring the situation. You should still have like.. 363 days worth of manufacturer warranty left. If it keeps happening, then take action. These are very much like computers, something you've described has happened to me on my PC too, a restart fixed it and hasn't really happened since, thus I don't think it was faulty hardware, perhaps just software tripped to it's own wisdom :D

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I dont think the HDMI in is working on my xbox, everything ive tried just cycles between a black screen and the "we have lost connection to your TV" screen. I've tried my computer and a dvd player and they are both doing the same thing. It was working for about 5 min with my computer, but the audio barely worked, and the video was really laggy. I really dont want to factory reset mine, but that may be the next step. Anyone else having a similar problem?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Having a lot of problems today! THe lost connection of the screen is my cable i guess. I can use that cable for literally everything except the HDMI in on the console, other cables work but the one i want to use will not. Cable works fine if i hook it to the HDMI in of my TV tho.

Now i cant get my the smartglass to connect to the console. Neither my computer or phone will. It was working yesterday, now i cant get it to work. ive rebooted everything TWICE. lol

jamrock60

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
My Xbox one is all package up and ready to go back to Microsoft all programs update and down load fine on day one. Went to bed woke up Saturday morning to enjoy some game's my Kinect would not function. Call tech support wait 2 hours for a call back. Finally they are sending me a new system which I will receive in 2 days hope it arrive on time so I can have some fun with my nephew on thanksgiving.

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb