Official Xbox One Problems and Solutions Thread

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My only little hiccup is that sometimes my pinned games disappear from the pin screen. They'll still launch from the app list, but when you click on them, it says that something is pinned when its clearly not. Restarting fixes it, but I assume a patch will fix it.
Same here. Pinned items disappear sometimes. They usually show up if I pin a new item, or if I sign out and in again. Yes this is a software bug that should be fixed in a future update.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I've sometimes gotten the situation where the XBOX One turns on, but it doesn't turn on my TV and satellite box... If I turn those on manually the TV will work great, but I won't get the feed from my satellite box - eventually timing out at some point with an 'error' message.

The only thing I've figured out how to fix the issue is to shut down the XBOX One completely (either by holding the "ON" button for 8-10 seconds or unplugging the unit from the power brick), waiting 30 seconds and then plugging it in again and starting it up. Doing that 'resets' something and allows the TV feed to come back on and control the 'on/off' ability of the TV and satellite box like normal.

Hopefully this is just a software issue that Microsoft can work the kinks out of.

The other way that you can 'prevent' this from happening appears to be taking the XBOX One out of standby mode so that when it powers down it turns completely off (which I don't to do) since that'll essentially be doing the same thing as unplugging it for 30 seconds...

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Another tip here -

I've been reading a bit more about how some people have had 'spotty' success with Kinect voice commands (I recall a thread on this board that they need the room in complete silence for the Kinect to work).

In my perusing during some 'off time' today (Advent is jam packed y'all... crazy schedules for this pastor...) I found others who were having some issues. They decided to redo the Kinect calibration and this time, really turn the volume up much louder than normal (which the calibration steps do say to do). When they turned it up really loud for the mic and sound test, they're success rate really improved.

So, for those with spotty success with the Kinect voice commands, re-do the calibration from the Kinect settings menu and when you get to the audio part - turn your volume up really high and see if that helps...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Another tip here -

I've been reading a bit more about how some people have had 'spotty' success with Kinect voice commands (I recall a thread on this board that they need the room in complete silence for the Kinect to work).

In my perusing during some 'off time' today (Advent is jam packed y'all... crazy schedules for this pastor...) I found others who were having some issues. They decided to redo the Kinect calibration and this time, really turn the volume up much louder than normal (which the calibration steps do say to do). When they turned it up really loud for the mic and sound test, they're success rate really improved.

So, for those with spotty success with the Kinect voice commands, re-do the calibration from the Kinect settings menu and when you get to the audio part - turn your volume up really high and see if that helps...

I've also read this similar tip from a lot of different sources. People are saying that after doing that, they can pretty much just whisper at Kinect and it picks up the command loud and clear, not to mention just talking with normal voice levels.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Another tip here -

I'll add a little clarification as well based on what I've read about how it works and my own experience. The Kinect 2.0 uses noise cancellation which is why it wants you to turn up the volume during calibration. That way if you're watching a loud movie or playing a loud game, the Kinect 2.0 can completely ignore/cancel any audio sourced from the Xbone. What may still be a problem though is room acoustics and external noise. So for example if you have really noisy kids/pets/appliance/general ambience, or a massive room that echoes a lot (small ones can too), you'll likely still have some issue. That's more related to voice control in general though, not a specific Kinect related thing. Put your google phone or iphone a little far away and try to use voice control in a really noisy room and you see the same trouble. That's just the nature of voice control in general.

jamrock60

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone having problems with smartglass app when you go to type the IP address in for your Xbox the keypad only show numbers and a comma no period to correctly enter ip

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
it should only ask for your address if you are on a different network...example only using your cell signal with your wifi disabled...just a guesstimate though

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I've sometimes gotten the situation where the XBOX One turns on, but it doesn't turn on my TV and satellite box... If I turn those on manually the TV will work great, but I won't get the feed from my satellite box - eventually timing out at some point with an 'error' message.

The only thing I've figured out how to fix the issue is to shut down the XBOX One completely (either by holding the "ON" button for 8-10 seconds or unplugging the unit from the power brick), waiting 30 seconds and then plugging it in again and starting it up. Doing that 'resets' something and allows the TV feed to come back on and control the 'on/off' ability of the TV and satellite box like normal.

Hopefully this is just a software issue that Microsoft can work the kinks out of.

The other way that you can 'prevent' this from happening appears to be taking the XBOX One out of standby mode so that when it powers down it turns completely off (which I don't to do) since that'll essentially be doing the same thing as unplugging it for 30 seconds...

I have had this too...and I just unplug it and plug it back in.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had two more problems arise:
1. my Xbox Live connection seems to go out quite often. An app will stop working or crash and then the console will tell me I'm not connected to the Internet. I'll go test the connection, it'll say everything is fine (even though it just said everything was not fine and I didn't do anything to fix it) and then it'll work again.
2. All of my pinned apps just got deleted somehow and it won't let me pin new ones. I'll try shutting off the console.

Does no one else have problems with their Internet connection on their Xbox One? Mine goes out almost every time I use it--or rather, the console claims it has lost connection, then I go into settings and re-test the connection and it says it's fine and then starts working again.

Also, saying "Xbox, on" turns on my Xbox and my TV but saying "Xbox, turn off" only turns off my Xbox and not my TV. Have I missed something in settings? It's not a huge deal because the TV will turn itself off in like 15 minutes, but...

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Does no one else have problems with their Internet connection on their Xbox One? Mine goes out almost every time I use it--or rather, the console claims it has lost connection, then I go into settings and re-test the connection and it says it's fine and then starts working again.

Also, saying "Xbox, on" turns on my Xbox and my TV but saying "Xbox, turn off" only turns off my Xbox and not my TV. Have I missed something in settings? It's not a huge deal because the TV will turn itself off in like 15 minutes, but...
xbone only sends signal to turn on tv but no signal to tv to turn off but like mine it shuts down after a while then turns on when I say Xbox on

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious do your guys TV remotes have an on and and off button on them?

My xbox turns on/off my TV and my Audio receiver with no problems.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
xbone only sends signal to turn on tv but no signal to tv to turn off but like mine it shuts down after a while then turns on when I say Xbox on

That's wrong.

When I say "Xbox, On" it turns on my XBOX, my DirecTV receiver, and my TV. When I say "Xbox, turn off" it turns off my XBOX, my DirecTV receiver, and my TV.

What I would try is doing a 'hard reboot' (press and hold the power button on the XBOX One for about 10 seconds) and see if it fixes itself. If that doesn't work, then go into the (I believe) settings for either TV or Kinect or power and make sure that the check boxes are marked for turning your TV on and off with the XBOX One...

Daenny

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
There is a setting in the 'TV and Oneguide' section of settings that has to be ticked for the Xbox turn off command to turn stuff other than your Xbox off. Mine was off by default :S

Sorry if its been said already, I didn't read the whole thread, sneaky post while at work :)

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

If I put FIFA into suspend mode to watch TV for a bit, every time I come back it gives me a connection error. That is a FIFA problem though and how EA handles the internet connection between the game and the console when it is not the app of focus.

I've never once had an actual connection issue. (I'm hardwired also, not WiFi)

jc84

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Bit of a strange one but I have a problem in that quite often when I pause a game it will unpause itself a few seconds later. No idea what is causing it but its happened multiple times on both Ghosts & Ryse. I now just hit the home button instead but would still like to know what causes it!

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

The network thing can be related to using the Resume Games Instantly (Beta) option, if I resume a game with that turned on after the Xbox has been in standby it always tells me it lost Xbox Live connection at first.

For the power off equipment: you have to go into settings, under TV and then under Power settings to set if it turns off your equipment when you say Xbox turn off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077