Official Xbox One Problems and Solutions Thread

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not had it as bad as you, but my xbox does crash to the start screen when in games. Today, FIFA won't load either. It just hangs. I am hoping the update on 11th clears up this somewhat. I hear that Peggle is terrible for crashing.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I havn't been dashboarded, but my fiancee has been twice when playing Peggle (not that much considering how much she has played it :p). You might want to try a power cycle if it seems to have increased recently. Easiest done by holding the power button on the console for like 6s or something.

As for actual crashing, havn't had any of that.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Do they even test this stuff? Had the new update today, and now it will not stay in party chat consistently. Frequently, I go to set up a game it defaults to off! Driving me mad.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this update did not address the party functions in any way, it's the march update that does that. Although obviously unfortunate if somewhy post-update it works even worse for you :/

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I reset it and then it worked.... Just so annoying. My friend had the same thing on Friday night. Took us 20 mins to get Battlefield going.... Then we got split up between the sides.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I recently just purchased a Vizio 5.1 sound bar (thank you birthday and Best Buy rewardzone credit :)) and I found an 'annoying' error with it and the XBOX One.

The XBOX One has a 'beta' of Surround Sound over Optical Audio (which is what I have to use to connect the sound bar) for TV viewing (so I can get 5.1 out of normal TV viewing). It works after a full boot (pressing and holding the power button for 8 seconds or unplugging the system), but the TV app hangs in its boot-up when you just use "XBOX, ON" and "XBOX turn off" to control the system.

Really annoying. I hope when an update comes out (hopefully the march one since there are some 'special things' in it they haven't told us about yet) it fixes this issue. It's doable, but really annoying.

However, on the plus side - everything else works great with 5.1 - games, blurays, and streaming video all like they are supposed to.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having problems with turning off the Xbox with voice command after the update (or at least the last few days?). Problems seems similar to what I have with the Xbox On-command. At least Xbox On I can get to work with a really high pitched voice (thus I never use it), but somewhy the "Yes" part of the Xbox, turn off has stopped working. All other voice commands are still working just about perfectly, but it just simply won't take the "Yes" anymore. And I've basically always turned the device off with a voice command, so I know that this is recent and not how it has acted the past month.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried re-doing the Kinect Setup? I did it after I got my new sound system - so I didn't notice any problems, though re-doing the setup helped a lot (because I'm assuming of the new sound system ;))

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
hmm, game stability is significantly worse after udpate. yesterday i was dashboarded like 3times in 1hr while playing BF4 mp. let see today.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to be dashboarded ever. My fiancee got dashboarded with Peggle on like the first day of us having the Xbox One, but I think that's the only time so far.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Had issues updating today. Went in SkyDrive, and also media player app, both failed to update the first time, then worked after I clicked again. Never had an issue with it before. Also, the party chat couldn't hear me today.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I think I read on the update preview forums that the update would also bring 1080i support, not 100% sure about that though.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having a problem with their pins / dashboard? My pins (on the left of "Show my stuff") and the ads/music/movies (to the right on "show my stuff") hasn't been working for about 3-4 days now.

I still connect just fine to Xbox Live and had ZERO issues last night with Titanfall or Forza 5 the couple nights before... I use my MA for a lot of stuff too (WP, OneDrive, Win8) so I don't think it is something as simple as a password issue.

The stuff over to the right says something like "Can't connect right now, but it could be on our side, it will be back soon" and if I click on it, it takes me to a place to test my connections and everything comes back just peachy, but still won't work.

Pins.jpg

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Have you power cycled the Xbox? I had the same when parts of the Xbox Live were down, but the pins and store didnt come back until I power cycled the device. (Basically hold down the power button on console for liek 6-8s)

turbulent28

May 15, 2012
Visit site
My dashboard seems so sluggish after the update.

A few things that are completely driving me insane:

- accepting a chat invite asks me to hold the "home button" but when i press it , i go home.. if i hold it, itll ask if I want to shut down!! So then i try and go home to look at my messages to accept the invite, and its SLOWWWWW.... I finally get there and i dont see the option to then accept.

what the heck?

​Xbox one huh..... cmon man.

Kush Robinson

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with regards to the XBOX Music App for XBOX ONE, I'm the only person to hold an account in my household as my son is too young and my partner not interested. As such my account settings have always remained the same, yet as of yesterday, 13/03/2014, I have had a recurring message which is as follows:
Can't Play.

You're not old enough to play explicit content.
Find help for this.
0xc00d1355 (0xc1010098)

There is no option to go directly to any forum for a solution and all attempts to find this error code have either failed or when found the answers have not been particularly helpful as they don't match my situation fully or is on a different device! Please get back to me A.S.A.P as this needs resolving and is ridiculous that his would even occur in conjunction with a single account in which the details have never changed or been altered. I understand the confusion with regards to a family account.

Thank you in advance.
Kush

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05