Official Xbox One Problems and Solutions Thread

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The problem is about typically a problem on Live's end, but the problem on "our end" is about the console somehow getting stuck to Live having a problem even if it's gone already. It's very similar to sometimes needing a ctrl + F5 (a fresh page refresh without using cache) on a website if something isn't really working. What power cycling does is empty the cache on the Xbox One so it properly checks for whether Live works again or not.

Shouldn't be too hard to fix, but surprised it hasn't yet. Perhaps something I should write about on the preview feedback..

tatotiburon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
today the youtube app got a new update, now you can snap it and upload clips...nice stuff and i thought "great maybe they will fix it" and i was wrong is the same mess as always, since a few month i can't watch a video complete, always buffering, i unistall it, install it and the same thing:angry::angry::angry::angry:

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
today the youtube app got a new update, now you can snap it and upload clips...nice stuff and i thought "great maybe they will fix it" and i was wrong is the same mess as always, since a few month i can't watch a video complete, always buffering, i unistall it, install it and the same thing:angry::angry::angry::angry:

I also have noticed the youtube app buffers like all the time.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you get lots of buffering, what DNS servers are you using? If you're using something like family filtering via DNS (ala open DNS) I've seen it cause these buffering problems. I had to stop using it at my house for that very reason, which is a shame because it's a nice additional buffer for the kids. You might manually try different DNS servers and see if it helps. Reboot everything of course after changing it. You might even want to change it at the router level.

tatotiburon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
i don't use open dns or something like that...i only have the dns from my isp.

i don't know what's going on, netflix works ok, YouTube on IE runs fine

and besides that i can't find any ranked match on KI....all the connections test are fine, my nat is open...so frustated

i'm in the preview program

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i don't use open dns or something like that...i only have the dns from my isp.

i don't know what's going on, netflix works ok, YouTube on IE runs fine

and besides that i can't find any ranked match on KI....all the connections test are fine, my nat is open...so frustated

i'm in the preview program

ISP can still be bad, try google or another free DNS service anyway as a test.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
OpenDNS is another great DNS to use - and it includes filtering for families and 'autocorrect' for slightly (but frequently) misspelled web addresses. For example - you type in esnp.com and it'll autocorrect to the correct sight automatically.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It seems that some recent update (probably preview) has brought in a new command, "Xbox launch". Any idea what is this supposed to do? Kinect every now and then thinks I'm trying to say this when I'm trying to say Xbox pause when watching a DVD/BD. It doesnt do anything even if it accepts the launch-command, but it's just a tad annoying if theres some other noises in the room it often thinks I'm saying launch instead of pause :p

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It seems that some recent update (probably preview) has brought in a new command, "Xbox launch". Any idea what is this supposed to do? Kinect every now and then thinks I'm trying to say this when I'm trying to say Xbox pause when watching a DVD/BD. It doesnt do anything even if it accepts the launch-command, but it's just a tad annoying if theres some other noises in the room it often thinks I'm saying launch instead of pause :p

I know some notifications, like when a game or app finishes installing or a game invite, give you the option to "launch." Maybe "Xbox launch" allows you to respond to such a notification.

tatotiburon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
ISP can still be bad, try google or another free DNS service anyway as a test.

Try setting your dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Yes on your xbox, that should give you a better connection to google.

Also, if your XBone is hooked into a router, you can go into the DHCP settings of your router and enter the DNS addys there. That way any device in your home will get those pushed to it.

it didn't work :crying:

tatotiburon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Have u tried setting the Xbox to the DMZ on your router?

done it, the same result

i connected my Xbox one to my mobile internet plan and the YouTube App work great :straight:

this is so lame, YouTube Works good on every device i own with a youtupe App, Windows 8, Xbox 360, Windows pone, Android, PS3 but is a mess in my Xbox one, using the same internet conecction :eck:

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
That would have me disgruntled too, I wish i could offer more options... I'm assuming you have removed/reinstalled the app. I'm just grabbing at straws at this point :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb