Official Xbox One Problems and Solutions Thread

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is a problem. However does the X1 automatically download game updates? Reason im asking is because this is the 3rd time im having to update gta v.

My Xbox one does download system updates automatically and its always on standby mode, I never turn I off.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Something went wrong (Error: XBOS1005)

I keep getting the Something went wrong message after I try to redeem my XBLive Gold 12months + 1 month prepaid code.

Anyone experienced the same? How did you get it to work?

Thanks, I use USA region and Language although I live in Asia.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Something went wrong (Error: XBOS1005)

I keep getting the Something went wrong message after I try to redeem my XBLive Gold 12months + 1 month prepaid code.

Anyone experienced the same? How did you get it to work?

Thanks, I use USA region and Language although I live in Asia.

The person I talked to from xbox support Chat had me do an Account Migration into USA. That worked for me finally.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Is the "green screen of death" still a thing? Got home from work last night and watched a show on Hulu and then shut down my Xbox One as normal. Later that night I go to boot it up and it won't go past the boot screen (which took much longer to come up to begin with). Not really sure what the issue was and since I couldn't find any fixes on here, I went back to Wal Mart and exchanged it for a new unit. Sucks that I lost all of my game progress but at least they were able to do an exchange.

Sin Ogaris

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been having a really weird issue with my One where after I switch it on the main screen comes up and I can move the cursor around bit whenever I select something nothing opens. Either comes up with this program took to long to load or just does nothing at all. The only fix I can seem to get to work is unplugging the console from power and then plugging it back in again, then it works perfectly.

It's really annoying.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
From what I have been able to surmise - the XBOX One will automatically update games that are digitally downloaded on to your system. Games that you have that require a disc need to have the disc inserted first to initiate the update...

Not sure if this is a problem. However does the X1 automatically download game updates? Reason im asking is because this is the 3rd time im having to update gta v.

My Xbox one does download system updates automatically and its always on standby mode, I never turn I off.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Instead of adding new features, I wish MS would work more on stability. Often, the resume feature doesn't work properly which imo, is a great feature when it works. It needs to be more reliable. And what is the point of assigning a user to controller if it doesn't immediately sign me in as that user if I use it to turn on console.

ikhwanZulkefli

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys. Can anyone help me with my xbox live gold subscription? Recently i bought an xbox one. There's a free 14 days gold trial. I just activated it using the QR code by going to store>apps>use a code. So right now im in no clue, whether im in Gold or not. Anyone knows how to check?

StygianSentinel

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
IDK if this should go here, or in the Halo:MCC thread, but I have a problem, so I decided to come here. If that's not okay, let me know.So I've beaten Halo:CE on Heroic..... And no achievement... WTF? Played through the game, got to The Maw, no achievement. Turned out that I didn't beat The Truth & Reconciliation and The Silent Cartographer. So I beat those levels just now, and still nothing. Played list reads 10/10. Every level is marked as Heroic being the highest completed difficulty on Solo. Where is my achievement? I don't really care about gamerscore, but when I do manage to do an achievement, I expect to be rewarded for it.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have their xbox shutdown after a few minutes since the last update to the new interface? Is there a way to revert to the old interface? Hard reset didnt help. My xbox is 4 weeka old and it started to happen since the update 2 days ago!

MillerWDJr

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Seriously, still trying to find any information on enabling Miracast. As I understand it, you need to launch the "Wireless Display" application on Xbox, but it's not available in the store. I am NOT part of the preview program. As I understood it, this was supposed to be included in the NXOE update. Anyone have any insights here?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have their xbox shutdown after a few minutes since the last update to the new interface? Is there a way to revert to the old interface? Hard reset didnt help. My xbox is 4 weeka old and it started to happen since the update 2 days ago!

Maybe your fan coincidentally quit working and it's overheating now? :)

johnj2803

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Seriously, still trying to find any information on enabling Miracast. As I understand it, you need to launch the "Wireless Display" application on Xbox, but it's not available in the store. I am NOT part of the preview program. As I understood it, this was supposed to be included in the NXOE update. Anyone have any insights here?

would love to get an answer for this as well

nerdysquared

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
i'm not able to see any of my achievments from my achivments but if I go in to a game hub or snap the achivements they are there. achievments are unlocking just not able to view them in my achievments. also not able to see them in the windows 10 xbox app also any ideas and nothing on MS support site works trust me!

welshdalek

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one who can't play certain paramount blu-ray movies? Ferris Bueller and days of thunder both stop before the menu loads and make them unplayable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss