Problems reported on reading discs....Xbox one..

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No problems here, but I have noticed that installations do seem to take longer than for the Xbox 360.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
About the installations, people are saying that it's also downloading the day one updates for said games at the same time. Not to mention the games are HUGE in comparison to most 360 games.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Basically, the patch will download before the main game starts installing. Since there's no way (that I've found) of seeing the progress of downloads, the "installing" phase stays at 0% for quite some time. The Xbox will then start installing from the disk. You'll get a "ready for play" at the point where you can start off. Come to think of it, Ryse installed a lot quicker than Forza did..

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
No issues for me in Michigan or for a friend with his in Texas so far.

BF4 Is a little 'misleading' in its installation. You can start accessing the 'game' at 10%, but you can't actually play until the campaign fully loads which takes a few more minutes.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
After reading the iFixit teardown, I can't help but think about what I'd do if I had this issue. I'd be tempted to just buy a new Blu-Ray drive at the local computer place and try it, but I imagine it wouldn't end well, haha.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I guess the fact it's slot loading might make replacing it yourself a tad harder? I don't know if it really would, but it seems more complicated than the usual tray-loading drive.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Come to think of it, Ryse installed a lot quicker than Forza did..

Reason for this is quite simple. In Ryse the game pretty much knows exactly where you will start playing the game - from the first "level" of the campaign. I guess it's possible for someone to rather opt to start out with the arena/co-op thingie, but most will just play the story. So it can easily install everything required for the first level.

Forza on the other hand, I guess you are quite likely to start playing it on a random track driving a random car, so it needs more stuff installed cos I don't see Forza (as opposed to Ryse) have a very likely "starting point".

Nismo75

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a day one edition console and I usually have to insert a game disc in a number of times for it to read.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon