forza 5 install time

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it does seem to take long time to install. In comparison, Ryse was pretty quick (maybe half the time).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
There's a 6gb patch in addition to installing the disc.

Yea, From a Disc, it was over 1 hour before I could even play(didn't finish installing for over 2 hours). I did a digital download of Ghosts and it was over 3 1/2 hours before I could even play (it had to dowload and get to 54% installed before it would play). This is with a gigabit network with a really fast connection

So far, Digital downlods are a joke and I wont use it....This is what I was afraid of. But from a disc too ?

I'm a xbox fan, no question. I got to play with my brother's PS4, from dropping in a game he has not played yet to playing, it was under 1 min, on 3 different games (he just picked it up when I saw it), even with updates...

Running to a store and grabbing a new game to play right away does not look like it can happen on the Xbox one...

I hope this is adressed with a patch but, so far, a MAJOR dispointment here...

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yea, From a Disc, it was over 1 hour before I could even play(didn't finish installing for over 2 hours). I did a digital download of Ghosts and it was over 3 1/2 hours before I could even play (it had to dowload and get to 54% installed before it would play). This is with a gigabit network with a really fast connection

So far, Digital downlods are a joke and I wont use it....This is what I was afraid of. But from a disc too ?

I'm a xbox fan, no question. I got to play with my brother's PS4, from dropping in a game he has not played yet to playing, it was under 1 min, on 3 different games (he just picked it up when I saw it), even with updates...

Running to a store and grabbing a new game to play right away does not look like it can happen on the Xbox one...

I hope this is adressed with a patch but, so far, a MAJOR dispointment here...

I think you're doing it wrong. I could play Forza after 5 minutes, but I had to wait for the rest to install while I was playing, which did take a while.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think you're doing it wrong. I could play Forza after 5 minutes, but I had to wait for the rest to install while I was playing, which did take a while.

Not sure how I could be.... drop in disc, select install....Wait... hardwired gigabit network... Not sure what I could be doing wrong here..

If you say I am doing it wrong, prove it, what did I do wrong ?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how I could be.... drop in disc, select install....Wait... hardwired gigabit network... Not sure what I could be doing wrong here..

If you say I am doing it wrong, prove it, what did I do wrong ?

well, first off with disc based games, it doesn't matter if you have the fastest internet in the world, you still have to wait for the disc. I can't speak for CoD, but when I put in Forza, it took me only about 5-10 minutes before a popup told me that I was ready.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It didnt take long for Forza to play for me either. Maybe five/ten mibs after putting the disc in. If there's and "install" choice, maybe it locks until the installation is complete.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It didnt take long for Forza to play for me either. Maybe five/ten mibs after putting the disc in. If there's and "install" choice, maybe it locks until the installation is complete.

Interesting.. As I was on the phone with my Brother who was going through the same issue, no question over an hour before he could play....from discs

Very strange, not sure what the issue is here...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon