Streaming to Xbox one

RobC46

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Got my Xbox one yesterday and I'm loving it so far, only issue is the lack of a "system video player" that I used to stream movies to my 360.

I have come up with a workaround however, using a WP app called Linada, you can "bounce" files from your network shares to the one, just add the files required to a playlist and select the output device as your xbox and bingo, the files are pushed to the xbox using playto. Hope this solves some problems until Microsoft comes up with a solution

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Got my Xbox one yesterday and I'm loving it so far, only issue is the lack of a "system video player" that I used to stream movies to my 360.

I have come up with a workaround however, using a WP app called Linada, you can "bounce" files from your network shares to the one, just add the files required to a playlist and select the output device as your xbox and bingo, the files are pushed to the xbox using playto. Hope this solves some problems until Microsoft comes up with a solution

I would like to hear more about your method. But, also, can't you just use Xbox video to stream your own movie files from your PC to your Xbox One. Another option that someone just mentioned in another thread, on your PC or tablet, from Metro mode, just go to Charms > Devices > Play > Xbox One.

RobC46

May 1, 2013
Visit site
The app is Linada
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=e6e1e328-6f52-447f-9c9f-2d3c06f158e9
Upon start you select your media device (where your files are stored, then once you've found the file you want, add it to the playlist then go into the playlist. Up the top there's a window to select the output device, select your xbox one, press play and it should start playing on the xbox.

I know about the play from pc option but all my media is on a NAS drive and I cant be bothered switching my pc on to play things.

Maybe I'm blind but I cant see any option in Xbox video to play my network content, if this does exist, can someone please tell me where cos I've just solved a problem that didn't exist otherwise lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett