Forza 5 is a new beast!

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm going through the career at the moment to stack some cash, get a feel for the new physics/controller, and learn the new tracks. At the moment the game's drivatars are very competitive with me using no assist and the game on max difficulty. I'm honestly impressed with how the game plays and feels!

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh, don't get me started on drivatars! Paul Acevedo's drivatar keeps cutting me off and I just wanna throw something everytime it does. Needless to say, I'm not racing with him anytime soon :p

WG Rowland

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow, that's funny (the idea of forming an idea about someone based on their drivatar). Anyone who gets saddled with mine... Well, I apologize in advance.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow, that's funny (the idea of forming an idea about someone based on their drivatar). Anyone who gets saddled with mine... Well, I apologize in advance.

well, drivatars are suppose to mimic how you actually drive in the game so I assume that Paul cuts people off a lot.

That being said, you'll probably hate my drivatar, I crash into people a lot and I use them as stopping barriers when I turn corners, but I always get the gold.

WG Rowland

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
well, drivatars are suppose to mimic how you actually drive in the game so I assume that Paul cuts people off a lot.

That being said, you'll probably hate my drivatar, I crash into people a lot and I use them as stopping barriers when I turn corners, but I always get the gold.

I'm just a really horrible driver all 'round. I'll probably only annoy at the beginning of the race, unless you lap me altogether. LOL.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Are the drivatars only people from your friends list?

yes and no. If your friend plays Forza, then you're more likely to play with them, but its also random. For example, I usually race Sam, Jay, or Paul about every race, but sometimes they don't show up at all. You're more likely to be with your friends, but most people are random.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
yes and no. If your friend plays Forza, then you're more likely to play with them, but its also random. For example, I usually race Sam, Jay, or Paul about every race, but sometimes they don't show up at all. You're more likely to be with your friends, but most people are random.

Drivavtars of friends only appear on the tracks that they have played on - If they haven't done Prague reverse yet for example they wont be in the line up when you race on it.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the Drivatars are pretty good. I have somebody in my friends (can't remember the name) who always drives a big car and keeps spinning me around.

K3NCentral

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the drivatars adding some humanity to the Ai.
But some have really strange behaviors. :) I really would like to see how my drivatar drives.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh, don't get me started on drivatars! Paul Acevedo's drivatar keeps cutting me off and I just wanna throw something everytime it does. Needless to say, I'm not racing with him anytime soon :p

Crazy question... Do you think people drive in games the way they drive in real life? o_O

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Crazy question... Do you think people drive in games the way they drive in real life? o_O

if we were all given ultra fast cars, unlimited budgets to fix up the cars, a guarantee that we wouldn't die from any car crash, and the ability to turn back time.... Yeah, probably.

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Im enjoying the game but am disappointed in the extremely limited split screen implementation. I was hoping for something more along the lines of Project Gotham with split screen online multiplayer.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Drivavtars of friends only appear on the tracks that they have played on - If they haven't done Prague reverse yet for example they wont be in the line up when you race on it.

That's not true. My cousin signed in to my Xbox on his account, played like 3 races, and has shown up on numerous amount of my races on races and tracks he didn't even touch

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's not true. My cousin signed in to my Xbox on his account, played like 3 races, and has shown up on numerous amount of my races on races and tracks he didn't even touch

Interesting. I was only going by my own personal experience. Although that was just over launch weekend. New tracks that i hadn't played before just had random drivers. Good to know that my drivatar is getting some runs on all the tracks

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently running B class races. Drivatars have been committing mayhem on pretty much every race, first couple of corners are four cars abreast, all really hacking at each other. I've had to fight back, otherwise I'll never get that gold standing.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently running B class races. Drivatars have been committing mayhem on pretty much every race, first couple of corners are four cars abreast, all really hacking at each other. I've had to fight back, otherwise I'll never get that gold standing.

Yeah im half way through a B class series with a Nissan GTR - stuck on Sebring, tried for nearly an hour yesterday to put in a couple of decent laps and get a gold - having drivatars are making it pretty unplayable to be honest - getting spun out and smacked from behind all the time is ridiculous. Gave up in the end and turned the Xbox off. BF4 is seriously unstable too and KI and FIFA are only really good playing with a friend. Ended up playing on the PC for the rest of the day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo