04-13-2014 01:32 PM
52 123
tools
    I'm going through the career at the moment to stack some cash, get a feel for the new physics/controller, and learn the new tracks. At the moment the game's drivatars are very competitive with me using no assist and the game on max difficulty. I'm honestly impressed with how the game plays and feels!
    WPmunkey likes this.
    11-24-2013 03:02 PM
    Oh, don't get me started on drivatars! Paul Acevedo's drivatar keeps cutting me off and I just wanna throw something everytime it does. Needless to say, I'm not racing with him anytime soon :p
    11-24-2013 03:44 PM
    Oh wow, that's funny (the idea of forming an idea about someone based on their drivatar). Anyone who gets saddled with mine... Well, I apologize in advance.
    sinime likes this.
    11-24-2013 05:05 PM
    Oh wow, that's funny (the idea of forming an idea about someone based on their drivatar). Anyone who gets saddled with mine... Well, I apologize in advance.
    well, drivatars are suppose to mimic how you actually drive in the game so I assume that Paul cuts people off a lot.

That being said, you'll probably hate my drivatar, I crash into people a lot and I use them as stopping barriers when I turn corners, but I always get the gold.
    Salem874 and Reflexx like this.
    11-24-2013 05:09 PM
    well, drivatars are suppose to mimic how you actually drive in the game so I assume that Paul cuts people off a lot.

That being said, you'll probably hate my drivatar, I crash into people a lot and I use them as stopping barriers when I turn corners, but I always get the gold.
    I'm just a really horrible driver all 'round. I'll probably only annoy at the beginning of the race, unless you lap me altogether. LOL.
    11-24-2013 05:43 PM
    Are the drivatars only people from your friends list?
    11-24-2013 06:19 PM
    Are the drivatars only people from your friends list?
    yes and no. If your friend plays Forza, then you're more likely to play with them, but its also random. For example, I usually race Sam, Jay, or Paul about every race, but sometimes they don't show up at all. You're more likely to be with your friends, but most people are random.
    11-24-2013 06:47 PM
    yes and no. If your friend plays Forza, then you're more likely to play with them, but its also random. For example, I usually race Sam, Jay, or Paul about every race, but sometimes they don't show up at all. You're more likely to be with your friends, but most people are random.
    Drivavtars of friends only appear on the tracks that they have played on - If they haven't done Prague reverse yet for example they wont be in the line up when you race on it.
    11-25-2013 03:13 AM
    I think the Drivatars are pretty good. I have somebody in my friends (can't remember the name) who always drives a big car and keeps spinning me around.
    11-25-2013 08:44 AM
    I think the drivatars adding some humanity to the Ai.
    But some have really strange behaviors. :) I really would like to see how my drivatar drives.
    11-25-2013 06:19 PM
    My drivatar spun my wife around a couple of times and she keeps getting pissed at me. :/
    11-26-2013 03:39 PM
    Drivatars are awesome!
    11-29-2013 02:37 PM
    Oh, don't get me started on drivatars! Paul Acevedo's drivatar keeps cutting me off and I just wanna throw something everytime it does. Needless to say, I'm not racing with him anytime soon :p
    Crazy question... Do you think people drive in games the way they drive in real life? o_O
    11-29-2013 04:29 PM
    Crazy question... Do you think people drive in games the way they drive in real life? o_O
    if we were all given ultra fast cars, unlimited budgets to fix up the cars, a guarantee that we wouldn't die from any car crash, and the ability to turn back time.... Yeah, probably.
    11-29-2013 04:41 PM
    I don't crash into walls at 210km/h in real life, but I have to admit that there is no one racing with me every time I go out.
    11-29-2013 04:43 PM
    Im enjoying the game but am disappointed in the extremely limited split screen implementation. I was hoping for something more along the lines of Project Gotham with split screen online multiplayer.
    12-01-2013 10:32 PM
    Drivavtars of friends only appear on the tracks that they have played on - If they haven't done Prague reverse yet for example they wont be in the line up when you race on it.
    That's not true. My cousin signed in to my Xbox on his account, played like 3 races, and has shown up on numerous amount of my races on races and tracks he didn't even touch
    12-01-2013 10:57 PM
    That's not true. My cousin signed in to my Xbox on his account, played like 3 races, and has shown up on numerous amount of my races on races and tracks he didn't even touch

Interesting. I was only going by my own personal experience. Although that was just over launch weekend. New tracks that i hadn't played before just had random drivers. Good to know that my drivatar is getting some runs on all the tracks

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020
    12-02-2013 03:57 AM
    I'm currently running B class races. Drivatars have been committing mayhem on pretty much every race, first couple of corners are four cars abreast, all really hacking at each other. I've had to fight back, otherwise I'll never get that gold standing.
    12-02-2013 04:52 AM
    I'm currently running B class races. Drivatars have been committing mayhem on pretty much every race, first couple of corners are four cars abreast, all really hacking at each other. I've had to fight back, otherwise I'll never get that gold standing.
    Yeah im half way through a B class series with a Nissan GTR - stuck on Sebring, tried for nearly an hour yesterday to put in a couple of decent laps and get a gold - having drivatars are making it pretty unplayable to be honest - getting spun out and smacked from behind all the time is ridiculous. Gave up in the end and turned the Xbox off. BF4 is seriously unstable too and KI and FIFA are only really good playing with a friend. Ended up playing on the PC for the rest of the day.
    12-02-2013 07:09 AM
    I've dropped the avatar skill level to rock bottom for these races. I'll pick up the best result that I can and then carry on with the series. Later on, when better tunes come out and the dravatars calm down, I'll come back and gold those races.
    12-02-2013 07:33 AM
    So far, this game has become my justification for getting the Xbox One. I'm not even into racers and I find myself playing this for hours. I was getting frustrated at how out of control the assists left me feeling on some tracks, so I turned the major ones off and quickly realized that the reason it seemed like I wasn't in control is because if you drove the way I was driving in real life you'd be dead 10 times over...

Now, I'm slowly learning to drive without the assists and it's even more compelling.

Love this game. Still wouldn't call myself good at it, but it's loads of fun...
    12-02-2013 09:11 AM
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Xbox if you like (GT is my user name). Hopefully my drivatar might be somewhat well-behaved.

But then again, I see that it's managed to achieve a "perfect drift", when I'm personally incapable of drifting....
    12-02-2013 09:50 AM
    I was getting frustrated at how out of control the assists left me feeling on some tracks, so I turned the major ones off and quickly realized that the reason it seemed like I wasn't in control is because if you drove the way I was driving in real life you'd be dead 10 times over...

Now, I'm slowly learning to drive without the assists and it's even more compelling.

Love this game. Still wouldn't call myself good at it, but it's loads of fun...
    Dude, same story for me on Forza 4. I actually got it for Christmas 2 years ago, but just started playing it a couple of months back, for the most part (played maybe 20 races in the nearly-2 years prior). I quickly was frustrated at how restricting the assists were, so I turned off the traction and stability controls (drifting is impossible with them on). I then had to get it through my head that I can't floor it at the start because I won't be able to get the car straight. Then I got up to the R2-class cars and had to learn that they are essentially too unstable to drive before about 4th gear, so I'd start using the manual transmission for those, because the cars was too much of a pain to drive in lower gears.
    12-02-2013 01:36 PM
    If you don't have the assists off then you are doing it all wrong and should probably be playing NFS or Mario Kart.
    Beast of Haeven likes this.
    12-02-2013 01:41 PM
52 123