Xbox Music on Xbox One--appearance?

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I know this is gonna sound stupid, but could someone describe what the xbox one Xbox Music now laying screen looks like?

Is it as animated and beautiful as the 360's? From what I've seen (very little) it looks very bland and not as cool looking without the polygon overlays. But that's just me.

Thanks in advance!

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I like it better tbh. Its not as aesthetically nice, but it gets me to the songs faster and lets me spend less time in the app. The only thing I don't like (which I'm sure they'll change in an update) is that you HAVE to keep the app open to play music. I'd prefer to letting it play in the background while I'm playing.

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
But you don't like the "Now Playing" screen better, which is kind of what I was afraid of. I don't mind if it takes a bit to get to my music, when I have parties it's all about my pre-made playlists and using smartglass to add songs to the playlist that guests request, but I hoped the now playing screen was better looking. Oh well.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Its basically a 1.0 version right now and I'm sure it'll get better.

Last edited:

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I like it better tbh. Its not as aesthetically nice, but it gets me to the songs faster and lets me spend less time in the app. The only thing I don't like (which I'm sure they'll change in an update) is that you HAVE to keep the app open to play music. I'd prefer to letting it play in the background while I'm playing.

Can't you snap it?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Can't you snap it?

yeah, that's what I meant, you have to keep the snap open for it to work. When I'm playing my games, the music app keeps distracting me everytime it changes backgrounds and it would give me screen real-estate back. Plus, the 360 allowed you to play music in the background so it makes sense for it to continue working that way. Ideally, I'd like go tell my Xbox to snap the music, I'd pick a song, then unsnap and it would still work.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
yeah, that's what I meant, you have to keep the snap open for it to work. When I'm playing my games, the music app keeps distracting me everytime it changes backgrounds and it would give me screen real-estate back. Plus, the 360 allowed you to play music in the background so it makes sense for it to continue working that way. Ideally, I'd like go tell my Xbox to snap the music, I'd pick a song, then unsnap and it would still work.

Either that or a minimized snap that gets out of the way when you're not using it.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So apparently Sony allows you to mix the music with the game audio, while XBox One will have the music completely replace the game audio.

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So apparently Sony allows you to mix the music with the game audio, while XBox One will have the music completely replace the game audio.
When I run apps in a snap window, the sounds are mixed with the audio.seemingly favoring content from the snapped app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon