AT&T discontinuing the Xbox 360 as a U-verse receiver after December 31, 2013

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
AT&T - Article on AT&T's UVerse news site.

Well, this sucks for those of you out there using it...they are giving $99 back for your troubles. I am pretty sure it was $150 to install it in the 1st place, haha.

A previous communication referenced that you would need to purchase an Xbox 360 Gold membership for your Xbox 360 to work with U-verse service. We were planning to issue a $60 bill credit to cover that cost. We will now be issuing a $99 bill credit, which includes the $60, on your U-verse bill within one to two billing cycles.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Does Comcast, Time-Warner or any other cable company allow the Xbox 360 as a cable receiver? I wonder if customers will just switch to cable and drop U-verse.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Does Comcast, Time-Warner or any other cable company allow the Xbox 360 as a cable receiver? I wonder if customers will just switch to cable and drop U-verse.

Yes, time warner in San Antonio has the option of downloading an app through the xbox 360 and watching it through there.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Verizon does too I believe through this Fios service. I have never used that though, but I think the Verizon app was more of an on-demand service?

This is a costly change for some people...if they have to rent 1-2 more boxes now that is $7 a pop...

I have Uverse and an Xbox but I never used the service because of the extreme installation cost. If they would have just shipped me the disc and kept the remote (I already have one) I would have been all over it...(as it is now, I don't have enough satellite boxes to have a rental charge)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So you can legitimately use your console as a cable box, with the ability to watch stuff while it's on? That's nice, because Comcast only offers on-demand stuff, I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb