I was testing the passkey feature in Xbox One and found that it can be easily deleted by anyone. Xbox One doesn't ask for the passkey when it's being deleted.

If a set a passkey on a child's profile or restrict what content he can access, he can still change his own safety settings and Xbox won't ask for the passkey. The child can even delete the passkey on his profile or other profiles currently signed in and Xbox won't even ask for a confirmation, so the child can get into anything that was originally protected through a passkey.

Am I missing something here or is this a serious bug which Microsoft completely missed?
    11-27-2013 02:41 AM
    I was testing the passkey feature in Xbox One and found that it can be easily deleted by anyone. Xbox One doesn't ask for the passkey when it's being deleted.

If a set a passkey on a child's profile or restrict what content he can access, he can still change his own safety settings and Xbox won't ask for the passkey. The child can even delete the passkey on his profile or other profiles currently signed in and Xbox won't even ask for a confirmation, so the child can get into anything that was originally protected through a passkey.

Am I missing something here or is this a serious bug which Microsoft completely missed?
    Did you report it? MS does reward nicely if identified as actual bug.
    11-27-2013 02:50 AM
    I thought the Xbox recognized them by the Kinect. Is it possible the Xbox knows it's you there?
    11-27-2013 01:49 PM
    I thought the Xbox recognized them by the Kinect. Is it possible the Xbox knows it's you there?
    that's one possibility that never crossed my mind. I will have to do more experimentation and check.
    11-27-2013 04:06 PM
    Ok, so according to this article:
    Passkey Benefits on Xbox One - Xbox.com
    it seems that passkeys are not exactly how I envisioned them to be
    11-28-2013 04:16 PM