Multiple family login & usage stuff

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Howdy,

Have many of you added several accounts to your XBone? I'm having some weird issues, but I've only had it for 3 days so I'm no expert yet.

I've added myself, and my wife as adults and I went ahead and made two child Outlook.com accounts and added my son and daughter as well.

It does a good job of recognizing all of us. However, a few times last night while watching TV alone all of a sudden it popped up and said 'Hello [wife]' she wasn't even in the house so I thought that was weird. Also a few times when i told it to launch Dead Rising 3, and even though I was on my own "desktop" it thought i was my son and denied me because of age restrictions. On a side note, my 5 year old can't get it to listen to him, but he's got a little pipsqueak voice so it doesn't shock me.

What I'm going to try tonight is redo the kinect part but get closer to the camera to see if that helps?

Anybody else have any weird things they've noticed, or any cool things they've noticed.

Also, as a reward for reading this allow me to present you a 30 second clip of me running over zombies (It was my first time using upload studio)

[video]http://sdrv.ms/1eyUN90[/video]

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I havent been able to add anyone else as im the only one in the house right now. The kinect did recognize my dog as a "guest" im seriously thinking about making a live account for him just to see if it works lol.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I havent been able to add anyone else as im the only one in the house right now. The kinect did recognize my dog as a "guest" im seriously thinking about making a live account for him just to see if it works lol.

You should totally do that. I also wonder if it will see a picture of somebody and log them in.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been having this problem a lot lately. The Xbox One always thinks my fianc?e is in the room. I could be all by myself and it will think I'm her. We don't look anything alike. (I'm as white as you can get and she is 100% Chinese.) It is annoying to play a game for a while and then go to look at the OneGuide and it has HER favorite channels because it decided to show her stuff instead of mine.

BTW, I don't recommend making a profile for your dog unless you want the Xbox One to switch to your dog's stuff constantly.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Random thought - you don't happen to have a big picture of her in your playing area do you? Or a fathead of her on your wall?

I have been having this problem a lot lately. The Xbox One always thinks my fianc?e is in the room. I could be all by myself and it will think I'm her. We don't look anything alike. (I'm as white as you can get and she is 100% Chinese.) It is annoying to play a game for a while and then go to look at the OneGuide and it has HER favorite channels because it decided to show her stuff instead of mine.

BTW, I don't recommend making a profile for your dog unless you want the Xbox One to switch to your dog's stuff constantly.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Xbone always logs my wife in when she is not at home are in a different part of the house all together. This is really annoying and it happens when I or either of my boys play.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It shouldnt switch to their profile unless they hit the guide button on their controller or say xbox "show my stuff" simply walking in the room doesnt switch the current profile. It will log them in, but that's it.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It shouldnt switch to their profile unless they hit the guide button on their controller or say xbox "show my stuff" simply walking in the room doesnt switch the current profile. It will log them in, but that's it.

I agree that is what it is supposed to do, but that isn't what is happening. I think it will in fact switch to my wife's profile, and sometimes my son's profile and when I go to launch Dead Rising 3 it will say, woah! this is potentially restricted content and do i want to allow this profile to run it?

I'm currently not overly concerned because we're stuck in the worlds smallest apartment while we build a house, and my kinect is sitting low and on top of a speaker so I don't have an ideal setup. I also really need to start paying attention to what exactly is going on and write it down. :)

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree that is what it is supposed to do, but that isn't what is happening. I think it will in fact switch to my wife's profile, and sometimes my son's profile and when I go to launch Dead Rising 3 it will say, woah! this is potentially restricted content and do i want to allow this profile to run it?

I'm currently not overly concerned because we're stuck in the worlds smallest apartment while we build a house, and my kinect is sitting low and on top of a speaker so I don't have an ideal setup. I also really need to start paying attention to what exactly is going on and write it down. :)

Likewise...

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I think I have what would be a recommended setup. I have a large room with the Kinect sensor on top of my television. I can be sitting there playing with the Xbox One and it will suddenly say, "Hi, Stefani," while Stefani isn't even in the house. Yesterday, I was home all alone watching football. I got up to get a drink, and when I came back, it said, "Hi, Stefani." Ridiculous! It's not like I got up to change my Halloween mask or something! I even grew a beard and it still can't tell us apart.

I have tried training it by saying it failed to recognize me over and over. It didn't help. Last night, when Stefani was there, I had it recognize us both individually to train it. Then, after a few minutes, it said, "Hi, Drew," while Drew, my son, wasn't even home. This actually works worse than the 360 Kinect, which would recognize us very accurately in Kinect games.

I might have to change the light fixture in the room to one that directs more light onto us, although I don't really want to have a spotlight shining on me while I watch TV or play a game.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Over the holiday, I played a game for a couple of hours. At the beginning, my son walked through the room for 3 seconds and he got credit for all my achievements.

I fixed the problem by turning the stupid feature off for everybody. It turns out it's really easy to sign myself in and then I have no problems whatsoever. So much for the magical, mandatory Kinect 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire