Was Xbox one worth the wait

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm also amazed with what MS did with the 360, both in terms of software and capability as well as how games evolved over years. I really wanted to get myself a 360 the last year cos I was at my friends place often in awe at how much the 360 can do and how I would want one :D Decided to hold off for next-gen cos it was so late into that gen though.. Still waiting for my Xbox One though, no release date around here :p

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
How can something be "good" but have terrible HW and SW quality?
What is good if the HW and SW is not? lol

I mean, the console architecture is good and have big potential for the future, on the other hand SW/HW quality is not what I would expect from long awaiting next gen console release. It's year 2013 and not 2005.
MS should learn from Apple. I am not Apple fan and don't use or like their products, but in my opinion, they can really benefit from momentum and build quality is solid. That is something MS still needs to learn, even after experience with Xbox 360 launch. There is minimum or none avilability worldwide at the moment and I expect not all people will be able to grab their console still before christmass. If I'd be MS chairman, that would worry me quite a bit.

I know I'm bit biased by fact I bought faulty device, but would you expect to have scratched console right out of the box? My device cannot be turned off, always freezes during turn off process.
No need to speak about faulty fans and blueray drives, bricked consoles, faulty headsets/controllers, party chat not working, HDMI throuh not working, etc....
If your Xbone is working perfectly and you don't mind many features are either missing or not working properly, fair play then, but personally I'd expect bit more...

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I know I'm bit biased by fact I bought faulty device, but would you expect to have scratched console right out of the box? My device cannot be turned off, always freezes during turn off process.

If you want to compare to Apple, wasn't there some "scandal" a couple of cycles ago where iPhones were showing up scratched upon delivery? Also, remember the security holes that iOS7 came with, so let's not treat Apple like the benevolent company of reliability.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
i was trying to say that apple sold 9milion units over the launch weekend. xbox sold 1 milion units and it's sold out everywhere now. would MS sell 3times more if well stocked? i think so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo