01-19-2014 12:50 AM
80 1234
tools
    People seriously need to stop trolling.
    Its the internet. It will never, ever happened. When one give a personal tale, one should expect to get impersonal responses.
    12-04-2013 02:24 PM
    Well, a deal is a deal, regardless if it's about waiting for a gaming console delivery or not. But I guess it sorta depends why she bailed. If it was needed for her work, I probably would have hard time being mad over it to my fiancee if it was just a console delivery, work comes first. But if it was like.. "i dont wanna wait here anymore, ill go shopping" kinda thing, then it's obviously a lot worse the deal was broken :P
    Of course I agree 100%. In this case the way she presented it to me was that was that I said I would be home around 1pm but was running late so she just decided to leave a note for UPS instead of waiting around. Which is fine, had I gotten the heads up. Because when I got home my friend from property management said UPS was there earlier and didn't know if it was for me. And if he had known I was expecting something he could've grabbed it for me. For me it was more the principal of the whole thing. Because had she asked the same for me I would've done exactly what was asked of her. No fussing or complaining or trying to pass the buck. She made me a promise, I depended on her for it and she didn't follow through. Had she gave me a heads up I could've easily tried to make alternate arrangements. And had she needed to leave because something more important came up then that's also understandable. But either way, a heads up was definitely welcomed.

But all this is water under the bridge. I said gave her my apologies. She helped me rectify the whole thing, UPS came back and we lived happily ever after.
    12-04-2013 02:40 PM
    On that note, I feel sorry for you people that UPS and alike would leave packages on your doorstep. That's just ridicilously stupid. PERHAPS on the country side or something I could potentially understand, but anywhere near the city? No frigging way.

Thank God our delivery companies wouldn't do that here.
    12-04-2013 02:45 PM
    On that note, I feel sorry for you people that UPS and alike would leave packages on your doorstep. That's just ridicilously stupid. PERHAPS on the country side or something I could potentially understand, but anywhere near the city? No frigging way.

Thank God our delivery companies wouldn't do that here.
    UPS definitely will not leave packages on our doorsteps here lol. Although sometimes I wish they would. They always remind us how someone needs to sign for the package but if it's pre-arranged they can leave the package with someone else. Thankfully I live in a building where everyone is nice enough to accept my occasional packages for me while I'm at the office then I can grab it later when I'm back home.
    12-04-2013 03:12 PM
    This was quite the humorous read. I literally laughed and read it twice for the LOLs.

I guess people really are dedicated to these systems to the point of being scarred emotionally(LOL). It wasn't so much the snapping at the girlfriend thing that made me laugh(well it did) it was the reference of being emotionally scarred :D

Oh thanks for the laugh and I hope everything works out with the gf and the xbox from here on out

(Plus some of the comments in the thread were LOL worthy)
    BIGPADDY and Lundon44 like this.
    12-04-2013 05:42 PM
    I was furious so I yelled at the top of my lungs and said "Xbox off". Then my Xbox shut off and crushed my girlfriend due to its massive weight
    This KILLED me hahahahahaha!
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    12-04-2013 05:58 PM
    This was quite the humorous read. I literally laughed and read it twice for the LOLs.

I guess people really are dedicated to these systems to the point of being scarred emotionally(LOL). It wasn't so much the snapping at the girlfriend thing that made me laugh(well it did) it was the reference of being emotionally scarred :D

Oh thanks for the laugh and I hope everything works out with the gf and the xbox from here on out

(Plus some of the comments in the thread were LOL worthy)
    Hahaha.. Glad I was able to provide some form of entertainment at my own expense! Mission accomplished!
    12-04-2013 05:59 PM
    UPS definitely will not leave packages on our doorsteps here lol. Although sometimes I wish they would. They always remind us how someone needs to sign for the package but if it's pre-arranged they can leave the package with someone else. Thankfully I live in a building where everyone is nice enough to accept my occasional packages for me while I'm at the office then I can grab it later when I'm back home.
    Ah, that's good then. Somewhere in the US that is apparently quite common. Might've been a different company (USPS? does such exist? :D), but I've read stories of people getting their Xboxes stolen when the delivery guy just left it at the doorstep.
    12-05-2013 06:48 AM
    i am going to replace my unit this saturday, front panel scratched + console cannot be turned off (always freezes on turn off dialog). considering it's sold out everywhere, I problaby won't receive any replacement for several weeks. Thank you MS!
    12-05-2013 08:03 AM
    since i cant unlike your post i liked it and then unliked it :D haha jk
    Lundon44 likes this.
    12-05-2013 08:16 AM
    i am going to replace my unit this saturday, front panel scratched + console cannot be turned off (always freezes on turn off dialog). considering it's sold out everywhere, I problaby won't receive any replacement for several weeks. Thank you MS!
    Wow that sucks.. I'm going to follow up today with MS regarding my replacement. I received notice they have my broken console but I still don't trust them to send me a replacement copy of Fifa that was stuck inside it. Let's see if they manage to screw this up lol.
    12-05-2013 09:27 AM
    Was it a redeemable code? Didnt you redeem it?
    12-05-2013 10:25 AM
    Was it a redeemable code? Didnt you redeem it?
    I bought the disc version originally. Which is now stuck inside it. I was impatient and re-downloaded it on my temporary Xbox One because I didn't want to wait 1-2 weeks to play it again. I'm sure they'll send me a copy or a code I guess..
    12-05-2013 12:21 PM
    Ah, that's good then. Somewhere in the US that is apparently quite common. Might've been a different company (USPS? does such exist? :D), but I've read stories of people getting their Xboxes stolen when the delivery guy just left it at the doorstep.
    USPS is the general mail service, which doesn't usually handle anything but packages small enough to fit in a mailbox. With UPS/FedEx, they usually ask for a signature for some items, though I'm not sure what the requirements are for that. What some drivers would do is leave the stuff on the back porch or in the garage, where it was out of sight, then leave the "we tried to deliver your package" sticker on the door and write that it's in the back.
    12-05-2013 03:06 PM
    I'm so sorry with your experience so far. One thing I HATE about Microsoft is that their support SUCKS! That is why I pre-ordered it on Amazon.
    12-05-2013 03:18 PM
    Wow that sucks.. I'm going to follow up today with MS regarding my replacement. I received notice they have my broken console but I still don't trust them to send me a replacement copy of Fifa that was stuck inside it. Let's see if they manage to screw this up lol.
    Haha, I ordered disc version of Fifa 14, it should be here in next days, but I won't have a console. :D
    12-06-2013 03:53 AM
    I bought the disc version originally. Which is now stuck inside it. I was impatient and re-downloaded it on my temporary Xbox One because I didn't want to wait 1-2 weeks to play it again. I'm sure they'll send me a copy or a code I guess..
    If it's not returned and you run into any issues contact Xbox Support and tell them you want to escalate the case to Tier 3.
    12-07-2013 09:08 PM
    First world problems.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    12-07-2013 09:31 PM
    What's a PS4?
    Sony's attempt at an Xbox 360 circa NXE dash.
    12-07-2013 10:13 PM
    If it's not returned and you run into any issues contact Xbox Support and tell them you want to escalate the case to Tier 3.
    tier 3?
    12-08-2013 12:20 PM
    tier 3?
    Yes. Tier 3 is the top tier of support. They deal with the unusual or extremely difficult support cases.
    peachy001 likes this.
    12-08-2013 03:12 PM
    I wonder if my issues will reach that far. Short story: xbox arrives, xbox is broken, xbox goes for repair, an xbox returns a week later with a load of scratches on the top, spoke to support, they say they have referred it to their security team. I thought that was a bit bizarre. Any idea on the likely outcome?
    12-09-2013 04:27 AM
    I wonder if my issues will reach that far. Short story: xbox arrives, xbox is broken, xbox goes for repair, an xbox returns a week later with a load of scratches on the top, spoke to support, they say they have referred it to their security team. I thought that was a bit bizarre. Any idea on the likely outcome?
    Weird that they would talk about a security team. I've never heard that reference before when it comes to console repairs.

The outcome...honestly depends upon the agent handling your case. At the lower levels of support it can be variable. At the higher levels of support you find more consistency in how things are handled generally.

At least that was my experience. I left the support arena almost 2 years ago though...so much has likely changed.
    12-09-2013 06:27 PM
    I thought it was odd too. They suggested that they would be making a claim against UPS, which I thought was a bit harsh as it was clearly done prior to being given to the UPS guy. Bizarre.
    12-12-2013 05:05 AM
    Just when I though MS couldn't screw up my situation any worse I received my replacement 2 days ago. No voucher code for a free game download as promised was enclosed. Instead they tossed in a QR code for 1 month of free Xbox Live gold. Really?! And best part was they disregarded the fact I mentioned my copy of Fifa '14 was jammed inside the thing. I even left huge note inside the box when I sent it back that my disc was stuck inside. I called MS a week ago to make sure they would send my disc or another copy back and they reassured that wouldn't be a problem.

I spoke to MS yesterday and talked to a girl that sounded like she was about 16 yrs old. She stumbled around our 45 min conversation asking me the same irrelevant questions over and over. She apologized saying that someone should have told me that any accessories being returned typically ship 10 business days after the console. How does this make sense? And it's not an accessory. So now I've been escalated to some other team and shouldn't expect a response for another 3-5 business days.

I can't wait until this is all over lol.
    12-12-2013 10:56 AM
80 1234