How to make Xbox to truly "stop listening" in YouTube app?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok so quite annoyed. I was watching some YouTube clips last night on the YouTube app (which is great might I add) but every 20-30 seconds the green letters "Stop Listening" kept showing up then would fade away after a few seconds. So I eventually I got fed up and said "Stop listening!!!". And it disappeared. But then popped back up a minute later. I'm guessing it was picking up the talking from the clip we were watching. But that's a bit silly if it's going to continue to keep doing that.

Any suggestions?

N1NJ4K1LL3R

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
You may have the Kinect to close to the speakers on the t.v, Try moving it to a different location and run the voice recognition set-up again and follow the instructions to a T

If you still want to turn it off. go to settings by saying "Xbox go to settings" and select the Kinect icon. you will immediately see the option to turn it off.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
You may have the Kinect to close to the speakers on the t.v, Try moving it to a different location and run the voice recognition set-up again and follow the instructions to a T

If you still want to turn it off. go to settings by saying "Xbox go to settings" and select the Kinect icon. you will immediately see the option to turn it off.

Thanks, I'll re-run the set up and give that a shot.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Going to piggyback on this thread. Mine does this as well. No other app on the Xbone does and it's annoying as hell. Look Google I get that MS is competing in other markets so you might be indifferent in those markets, but what excuse could they possibly have to have had such a buggy app on the 360 and now also the Xbone? Here is my list of annoyances (bear in mind all other apps work flawlessly, so I highly doubt it's calibration):

• Voice commands pop up all the time with no rhyme or reason I've found. It even happens when the TV is volume is low.
  • I have a harmony remote programmed for the Xbone straight from Harmony. Not some funky IR learning thing, it's actually supported and programmed in via the web. I can use the remote to surf all around the Xbone interface including inside of Hulu, Netflix, etc. But not the youtube app of course, nope. Try using the arrow keys to move around, you get nothing.
  • But wait, you can control the Xbone with Smartglass! Nope, not even my Xbox Smartglass app works in youtube. I can swipe all day and hit buttons on the screen, nothing. Works in all other apps I've tried.
  • Well hey at least you can use voice controls in youtube. Except you can't. If I say Xbox Select I get no choices in green. It's the only app that forces me to pick up the controller for media browsing. (okay scratch this one, I just checked Help within the app and apparently if you say Youtube you get voice commands. That's a terrible keyword, people say Youtube all the time in casual conversation, perhaps this is the answer to gripe #1)
  • I had to turn off auto-sign in via Kinect because one of my kids walked into the room while we were watching a youtube video, and it signed them in and quit the video. This might be more related to a ratings thing so I'm willing to say maybe this could be adjusted.
  • I've had it just stop a video and return to the youtube home screen a few times. No error or anything, it just acted like someone hit the stop button.

I think there was more but I don't recall. I think I can say honestly that the youtube app is the only bad experience regarding the Xbone for my family so far. Unfortunately it also happens to be something we all enjoy doing together, watching dumb cat videos and learning **** from vsauce, minutephysics, TED, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism