05-18-2014 01:57 PM
32 12
tools
    Can my wife and I both sit on the couch together and play against each other?
    Yeah, eventually. PopCap games is adding some free DLC soon to the game to add "Duel Mode" where you can battle it out head-to-head locally or online. I haven't tried out the multiplayer yet in Peggle 2, but if it's anything like the first (Peg Party I think it's called)... it's basically you go and try to get the highest score, most bonuses, etc amongst up to three other players - each on their own separate board of pegs. In the Xbox 360 version of the original Peggle, after you were done shooting, you could see the screens/boards of the other players in your match that still have a ball in play, and see how they are faring. It could get fiercely competitive and, for me, a bit nerve-wracking while I was hoping an opponent's ball would miss that last peg or not fall in the 100k slot :) At the end of every round, there would be a giant score board with a colorful bar chart to compare each player to the next, and update ranking accordingly.
    12-15-2013 09:46 PM
    Yeah, eventually. PopCap games is adding some free DLC soon to the game to add "Duel Mode" where you can battle it out head-to-head locally or online. I haven't tried out the multiplayer yet in Peggle 2, but if it's anything like the first (Peg Party I think it's called)... it's basically you go and try to get the highest score, most bonuses, etc amongst up to three other players - each on their own separate board of pegs. In the Xbox 360 version of the original Peggle, after you were done shooting, you could see the screens/boards of the other players in your match that still have a ball in play, and see how they are faring. It could get fiercely competitive and, for me, a bit nerve-wracking while I was hoping an opponent's ball would miss that last peg or not fall in the 100k slot :) At the end of every round, there would be a giant score board with a colorful bar chart to compare each player to the next, and update ranking accordingly.
    In those multiplayer modes you were describing you mean they were online matches, right? So you couldn't play with some one together on the couch--but this feature is coming soon as free DLC, right? If so, I'll wait till then to pick up the game. If I buy it now and it doesnt' have it, I'm sure my wife will be confused as to why I told her we'd have fun playing the game together only to find out we can't yet play it together.
    12-15-2013 11:50 PM
    In those multiplayer modes you were describing you mean they were online matches, right? So you couldn't play with some one together on the couch--but this feature is coming soon as free DLC, right? If so, I'll wait till then to pick up the game. If I buy it now and it doesnt' have it, I'm sure my wife will be confused as to why I told her we'd have fun playing the game together only to find out we can't yet play it together.
    Exactly. The modes I described were online-only, but I believe Duel Mode existed then as well - I just never tried it out. Anyway, IMHO you should get it now... I personally think your wife will have a blast both watching and [s]stealing the controller from you[/s]*ahem* convincing you to hand her the controller. The first Peggle went over pretty great with my last girlfriend and she had a blast both watching and playing. Then you could both get some practice in before the Duel Mode DLC comes out :)
    coip likes this.
    12-16-2013 07:13 PM
    Once that update comes out for Peggle 2 is probably when I'll get a second controller...
    12-17-2013 09:54 AM
    My pre-order deal comes with a 2nd controller, but outside Killer Instinct I wouldn't really have any use for it whatsoever at the moment :D
    12-17-2013 10:19 AM
    I just noticed that Peggle 2's available GS has gone up to 1225, and noticed that there is now 3 achievements that weren't there before. 2 of them clearly refer to a new area called Hallelujah Hollows and potentially to a new Peggle master (Violet or smth) and apparently it might be a fairy. Any idea when is this stuff coming actually available and whether it will cost or be a free update?
    04-13-2014 04:38 PM
    I just noticed that Peggle 2's available GS has gone up to 1225, and noticed that there is now 3 achievements that weren't there before. 2 of them clearly refer to a new area called Hallelujah Hollows and potentially to a new Peggle master (Violet or smth) and apparently it might be a fairy. Any idea when is this stuff coming actually available and whether it will cost or be a free update?
    Not sure when this came, but now there's a DLC with a new Peggle Master available with new levels
    05-18-2014 01:57 PM
32 12