I haven't gotten the update yet, but just want to know if anyone noticed any improvements. They said there was some content improvement for TV? And dashboard improvements? Maybe voice control in Settings? I understand it's a small update, but just being hopeful that there are some nice surprises xD
    12-11-2013 02:24 PM
    I haven't gotten the update yet, but just want to know if anyone noticed any improvements. They said there was some content improvement for TV? And dashboard improvements? Maybe voice control in Settings? I understand it's a small update, but just being hopeful that there are some nice surprises xD
    How do you know you haven't gotten the update?

If I didn't know we were supposed to get an update today, it would have installed this morning and I wouldn't have had a clue it had updated. I knew I had to hit the button vs. just yelling at it, and then when I turn the TV on and go finish getting dressed, and I noticed it took about 3-4 minutes for the sound to come up vs. the typical 15 seconds.

Haven't really played around yet, just watched TV.
    12-11-2013 04:07 PM
    Well, last night when I checked, "Xbox On" command was working for me. They said if the update happened, you wouldn't be able to use voice, and then you'd stare at a green xbox screen for a couple minutes. Neither of those happened, so I'm pretty sure I didn't get the update.
    Curtieson likes this.
    12-11-2013 04:40 PM
    Well, last night when I checked, "Xbox On" command was working for me. They said if the update happened, you wouldn't be able to use voice, and then you'd stare at a green xbox screen for a couple minutes. Neither of those happened, so I'm pretty sure I didn't get the update.
    Any chance someone else went through the process before you?
    12-11-2013 05:14 PM
    I shut my XBone off at 1AM Central Standard Time. When I tried to turn it on at 7AM CST voice didn't work. It took forever to boot up and I had the green screen. I got the update. I headed to work so I don't know if anything is better or not.
    12-11-2013 05:42 PM
    Any chance someone else went through the process before you?
    No, definitely not. I live with my parents (DONT MAKE FUN OF ME) and they have no clue how to use the controller or operate the xbox. I have taught them how to say Xbox On and then use the tv remote. But basically, if the Xbox wasn't waking, I would've gotten a frantic call asking why it wasn't turning on.

But anyway, this is all beside the point!!! Has anyone played with their xbox post-update and are there any noticeable changes?? Thanks!!!!
    12-11-2013 08:22 PM
    I'm pretty sure I just said, XBOX off instead of XBOX turn off and it shut off. Somebody else try it.
    Moiz Mian likes this.
    12-12-2013 03:27 AM
    Ok I just tried it a dozen times this morning and can't get it to work. Must be the drugs. :)
    12-12-2013 08:23 AM
    I did not notice any imprrovements or any improvements for that matter ;)

But, I didn't really notice a need for much either. it still stuttered once every so often for a second or so...no biggy.
    12-12-2013 08:57 AM
    I didn't notice any difference at all.
    12-12-2013 10:12 AM
    Ok, finally got the update. As expected, my dad was trying to say Xbox On, and it wasn't working, so I came home to him cursing at the xbox. :) Anywayy, not sure if it's the reboot or the update, but my laggy homescreen is smooth as a baby's bottom again
    AlexanderJJJ and Curtieson like this.
    12-12-2013 05:13 PM
    Ok, finally got the update. As expected, my dad was trying to say Xbox On, and it wasn't working, so I came home to him cursing at the xbox. :) Anywayy, not sure if it's the reboot or the update, but my laggy homescreen is smooth as a baby's bottom again
    Same here! :)
    12-12-2013 09:10 PM
    I'm glad I found the update before the husband did. He's the "yell at the computer" type. XD
    Curtieson likes this.
    12-12-2013 11:31 PM